What toys (materials) aren't for use with silcone-based lubes?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before. We have always used water-based lubes with our toys but would like to try a silicon-based lube and would like to know what materials in toys are harmed by silicon-based lubes. I know that latex is a no-no but what, if anything else, is harmed by silicon lubes. We own a Jessica Rabbit 2, Tracy Cox Supersex stroker, Fleshlight, Tracy Cox Massager. None of these,as far as I can see, contain latex but would like to know what to avoid using with them.

Thanks in advace

Best Regards

PS.

Maybe a "safe for use with silicon lubes" Yes/No would be a good addition to the product description section.

Errr I'm not sure about latex, I think thats ok I've used them with condoms which are rubber.

I think the simple answer is silicone toys! Jelly can also be a bit funny. Anything that is made of ABS (a hard brittle plastic) should be ok.

I'd also suggest having a forum search too, I think people have posted on this before, it might give you your answer quicker

Thanks for you help WandA

Have a good day :)

Yep - absolutely avoid using with silicone toys. On the same note, make sure you store silicine toys away from each other

Good tip from BBBJE! No one wants sticky melted toys....

Thanks again,

I am still a little confused, the description of the Jessica Rabbit 2 for example says that it "

• Does not contain latex
  • Does not contain phthalates "

What it doesn't say is what it is made of eg. does it contain silicon?, if so wouldn't it be a good idea to mention something along the lines of "not to be used with silicon based lubes"?. I believe I read that the Tracy Cox Supersex Stroker contains rubber so presumably this isn't safe to use with silicon lubes. I have seen mention of not to be used with latex condoms, not an issue for us but how does latex vary from silcon?.

Best regards

Latex is derived from natural rubber, so you can use both terms interchangeably. Silicone is a plastic.

I believe rubber and silicone are fine to use together.

Thanks, so toys like the Jessica Rabbit 2, Fleshlite etc. use rubber and not Siilicone and therefore safe with silicone lubes?.

Mad4Sex wrote:

Thanks, so toys like the Jessica Rabbit 2, Fleshlite etc. use rubber and not Siilicone and therefore safe with silicone lubes?.

Sorry I meant latex and rubber are similar. I do not know what fleshlights or JR2 are made from so cannot confidently say its safe...

It's beyond my basic school Chemistry (failed some 35 years ago)

What I do know is that she'd not be a happy bunny (pun intended) if I knackered her Rabbit and i'd not be thrilled with the idea of ruining my fleshlite

Maybe it's just best to stick to water-based lubes.

Thanks

Mad4Sex wrote:

It's beyond my basic school Chemistry (failed some 35 years ago) External Media

What I do know is that she'd not be a happy bunny (pun intended) if I knackered her Rabbit External Media and i'd not be thrilled with the idea of ruining my fleshlite External Media

Maybe it's just best to stick to water-based lubes.

Thanks

If in doubt I'd keep the water based! Have fun!

PS a quick Google re silcone lubes and Rabbit vibrators produced totaly opposite results:

"Don't use silicone-based lubricants with silicone toys, like dildos and rabbit vibrators"

"Made from soft and flexible jelly material, our G Spot rabbit vibrator is compatible with water-based or silicone-based lubes and with condoms. ..."

So you see how I could become confused!

Yes, but not all rabbits are made from silicone. I think that link was just using rabbits as an example of what they meant by the term 'toys' That's how it reads to me.

There are SO many rabbits out there, all made with different materials - you need to check which one she has and go from there.

Generally, I've found that LH toys state on the item page if the item is silicone or not, under the materials heading.

So, your wife has the 2.0 g-spot? It is made form skin safe rubber, not silicone. So go have fun ;)

Thank you,

She has this one LoveHoney Jessica Rabbit 2.0 G-Spot Vibrator bought from Lovehoney and they say it's made from "skin safe rubber" so it should be okay with the silicone lube.

Thanks all

LoveHoney - Bot recommends: The easy guide to lubricants.

Silicone lubricants will only react with silicone or 'realistic feel' sex toys, as mentioned in the buyer's guide listed above.

All products on LoveHoney have the material listed so you know precisely if it contains silicone or realistic feel materials.

LoveHoney - Bot recommends: Sex Toy Materials - Which Is Right For You?