Lubricant Question

So over the weekend I popped into a shop and got a bottle of water resistant lube - just like I usually use (either the durex feel or the lovehoney own brand one) but when I got home I noticed it has silicone in it. Is this still safe to use with my sex toys or should I restrict it to for using with another person? Thanks!!

I hope this helps! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2011/07/19/all-your-silicone-lube-questions-answered/

Silicone lubricant is usually fine with toys so longs they are not silicone :) x

Some Lubes can be mixed, but if it clearly states its water based and not silicone that complain to the company.

hs147 wrote:

So over the weekend I popped into a shop and got a bottle of water resistant lube - just like I usually use (either the durex feel or the lovehoney own brand one) but when I got home I noticed it has silicone in it. Is this still safe to use with my sex toys or should I restrict it to for using with another person? Thanks!!

If it's silicone it will be water resistant. Did you misread it and meant to buy water based lube as oposed to water resistant lube?

NEvans wrote:

I hope this helps! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2011/07/19/all-your-silicone-lube-questions-answered/

Silicone lubricant is usually fine with toys so longs they are not silicone :) x

A lot of toys these days especially at the upper end of the market do contain silicon.

Therefore to be on the safe side I wouldn't use silicon based lubes at all but just buy quality water based ones from the likes of LH . You also don't want the risk of fumbling around in dimmed lighting and picking the wrong bottle up which could ruin your toy.

Just my view

The old Silicone Lube VS Silicone Toys debate.

Realistically, high quality silicone lube used on high quality silicone toys will NOT cause a problem (the same way storing Silicone toys together is perfectly safe) - they will NOT react.

The problem is when you have composite toys that are not PURE silicone - there is a potential for the lube to cause the toys to degrade - hence why water-based lube is always suggested for use with the majority of toys.

I have not had any problems from using any silicone based lubes with any of my pure silicone toys. But I always perform a patch test and thoroughly wash them afterwards anyway to be safe.

However, in some cases where small amounts of silicone are included in lubes, these should still be perfectly safe.

I recently reviewed the Give Lube Super Thick Anal Lubricant - this is predominantly water-based, but includes silicone to ensure it lasts longer - the company describe it as toy safe, and all of the silicone toys I have tested with it have been fine - no sign of degredation or anything.

DavidB1986 wrote:

The old Silicone Lube VS Silicone Toys debate.

Realistically, high quality silicone lube used on high quality silicone toys will NOT cause a problem (the same way storing Silicone toys together is perfectly safe) - they will NOT react.

The problem is when you have composite toys that are not PURE silicone - there is a potential for the lube to cause the toys to degrade - hence why water-based lube is always suggested for use with the majority of toys.

I have not had any problems from using any silicone based lubes with any of my pure silicone toys. But I always perform a patch test and thoroughly wash them afterwards anyway to be safe.

However, in some cases where small amounts of silicone are included in lubes, these should still be perfectly safe.

I recently reviewed the Give Lube Super Thick Anal Lubricant - this is predominantly water-based, but includes silicone to ensure it lasts longer - the company describe it as toy safe, and all of the silicone toys I have tested with it have been fine - no sign of degredation or anything.

Very informative. I read somwhere that the liquid silicone reacts with the toy so if they both contain any silicone in the slightest the toy would degrade. I might consider some quality silicone lubricant now! :) x