Makeshift Toys

We've probably all been there at some point, but has anyone just grabbed a random household item and used it as a toy? I know some people have said they've used bananas or cucumbers as a makeshift dildo but I've also heard of women masturbating with tennis balls, too. How interesting.

I would probably never use anything other than my actual toys now, but in the past I have grabbed a few things I thought would do the deed. Living with parents made things tricky so I couldn't exactly have a trove of toys like I do now in my own house, lol. Of course, I don't recommend using items that aren't made specifically to have sex with, but these are just what I used in my ignorance and what I could hide in plain sight from parents.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post as I don't think cucumbers and tennis balls are direct competitors with Lovehoney, lol.

Remember the forum rules, people! Lovehoney Life starts at 18! Also, nothing dangerous or illegal!

I've used these:

- The fancy lid/top off a skin lotion bottle I had

- The handle of a hairbrush that had ripples on it

- The handle of a make-up brush that I used as a butt plug

- and lastly (and probably the weirdest one) I had a blow up dolphin; the kind that you'd take on holiday and sit on at the pool. Well, sometimes I'd take it in the bath with me and grind on it. I think I only did this a limited number of times because it was hard to hide a giant blow up toy going in and out of the bathroom without people getting suspicious....

1 Like

Haha, this brings back memories...! I've used:

- The handle of a hairbrush

- Bottles with long necks (always made sure it's thick glass)

- A 5ml syringe. I removed the needle and cut off the bottom (with the tip) so I could use it to such my clit.

- A film roll case in the bathtub, again to create suction

- Various things to grind against: pillows, couch arms, bicycle seat etc

- A small diy ''fleshlight'' that I rubbed against my clit. I uses a plastic cup, sponge, latex glove and lots of lube.

HonneyMonster29 i love this post albeit I think the female genitalia is going to be the clear winner when it comes to potential suitors.

I can't think of a single thing that could be remotely useable from a Penis point of view and as for Anal I have only just started to explore this area for self pleasure up till this point I had the mans man view on that whole area.

looking forward to catching up on this post brilliant topic I have to say ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿฌ๐ŸŽพ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿฅ’

@ Smultron - those are quite inventive; especially the last one, hee hee.

@ Don't it's not all about Getting - Thanks so much! I couldn't find anything in the thread history so I made one myself :)

I've heard a few stories about people using warm melons or pies as a makeshift hole (Don't forget about that famous scene from American Pie). Or grinding against pillows and soft toys with their penis. I asked my partner if he's ever used something like that and he said he once put it in a large shampoo bottle and sqeezed it to create suction. But he didn't do it again because he almost got stuck in it, lol

(Haha, I love the emojis at the end)

Those golf training balls, plastic with holes can make a good ballgag pretty good for 25p!

Back in the day.......I had a male friend who used to buy a fresh loaf from the bakery...slice the crusts off the ends...soak it in water for 20seconds?? (Not 100% sure of seconds soaked) and then used to thrust away inside it to ejaculation...he said it was amazing...and he ate the crusts afterwards...waste not want not eh?...๐Ÿž...๐Ÿ†...๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ

Small cold smooth perfume bottle was a toy before the real things come along...(Im pretty sure some of the female deodorant spray cans are aimed at this).

Lets not forget the electric toothbrush.

Also has anyone held or got a 'Hex Bug'? >.<

A silicone pastry brush can be a lot of fun in all sorts of ways...

@ unifex - Oh! I would never have guessed. That's pretty clever.

@ CurvyJilly34F - Hoho! I've never heard of this one. I suppose when you think about it, all parts of the bread were put to good use ;)

@Trine - I googled those Hex Bugs and recall them now. They look like bullet vibrators with legs anyway, lol.

@Knottydevil - Hmm, interesting :P

haha but I honestly could never cum with the toothbrush; did you?

@HunnyMonster29 Haha, thanks! ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

@CurvyJilly34F That was very original, I can totally see it work great as a fleshlight!!

Yeah the toothbrush works well before you get used to real toys, the back of it mind, not the bristle side, remember: 2mins twice a day :P

Over the years I guess I have found a number of things to stick my cock in or rub against . The one that stands out was a liquid hand soap refill container that had a smooth opening with a fairly wide neck . Lightly rinse out and squeeze bottle and let it suck in my pre lubed cock in . Kind of a cross between a fleshlight and a suction enlarger .

I have used a gear stick to fetch me off when I have been feeling horney also the shower head is good

This is an interesting thread, great idea HunnyMonster; I don't think that I've anything to add to it but I have read something which has made me feel less alone in the world so thank you all for being so open and honest :)

The best handy makeshift item I ever used was the electric toothbrush :)

Hi can I say is a great thread I love it and love hearing all of these makeshift toys! In the past i used those body spray cans, deodorant cans or any long cylinder shaped bottle/ object to rub against my self and sometimes when Iโ€™m all lubed up I insert a big lube tube inside myself (havenโ€™t done it since I've started using organic products). And I use the shower head daily but thatโ€™s not really makeshift lol

PrettyKitty24 wrote:

Hi can I say is a great thread I love it and love hearing all of these makeshift toys! In the past i used those body spray cans, deodorant cans or any long cylinder shaped bottle/ object to rub against my self and sometimes when Iโ€™m all lubed up I insert a big lube tube inside myself (havenโ€™t done it since I've started using organic products). And I use the shower head daily but thatโ€™s not really makeshift lol

You use the shower head Daily, are you a clean freak or just plain dirty, sorry could not resist ๐Ÿ›€

@ Oldman - My partner said he done something similar one time with a bottle but almost got stuck in it as he got harder and with the added suction. I think that panic put him off trying anything else, lol.

@ KinkyMinxMoo - Aw, thank you very much :)

@ wildflower - Ah, the classic. Heehee.

@PrettyKitty24 - Thank you! I find it quite surprising what people have used for masturbation instead of actual toys. I would've never have guessed half of them :P

On yes the long thin spray tin, I think the brand was called IMPULSE I wonder why

Candles

A stick of rock which was ok until she came, arched her back and snapped the rock inside herself,

Clothes pegs as nipple/ labia clamps

Wooden spoons, palate knife and other utensils for spanking

Old tights, stockings, curtain tie backs for bondage

Runny honey, yogurt,cream ice cream for oral