Male grooming techniches

Hi all,

I've tried searching about this but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I was wondering what you'd recommend as the best way to shave the man-bits. I usually just go for an occasional trim with some scissors, but am looking for something a bit nicer and neater.

I've been thinking about getting some electric trimmers but not sure what is good. I'm looking at spending under £30, but to be honest I don't know if that's reasonable or way under what I should be paying, so am ready to hear what you have to say! I'm not too keen on the idea of hair-removal creams or waxing (yet).

Anything you have to add would be well appreciated! I'm sure this hads been posted about before, but as I say I couldn't quite find the answer, so my apologies!

Paddy

If you're looking to do small and delicate areas I say go for one of the five pound trimmers you can find in most supermarkets. I use them for brazillians if I'm pushed for time and they work brilliantly.

My oh has an electric razor that he uses for his face, he uses the beard trimmer on there to do 'down below' it gets the hairs nice and neat and short but not to short, much neater than trimming with scissors. have you thought about trying something like this?

I used one of those electric razors the babylis i-trim cos ya can choose the length, but that gets annoying so just use a disposable razor now and again now!

I use a beard trimmer for above, and wet shave in the shower below.

My trimmer is a remington one, and I use it for my actual beard too!

Argos page 1346 from £10 upwards ;-)

I would say leccy razor as if using a razor on my girly bits is anything to go by... its not the comfiest experience... if you've wanting it smooth why not try waxing??? yes painful but oh so worth it!!

my oh trims!

Thanks guys External Media I do need a new electric shaver anyway so will get one with a trimmer on it and use that.

occhiverdi wrote:

I would say leccy razor as if using a razor on my girly bits is anything to go by... its not the comfiest experience... if you've wanting it smooth why not try waxing??? yes painful but oh so worth it!!

my oh trims!

I'm not looking to get completely smooth so will leave waxing for now. I would look into it but I just know that doing it on my own would result in a hideously embarrassing accident! But I'd never say never External Media

I use nail scissors on the top, and hair removal cream on the bottom. Makes balls nice and clean :)

My OH uses the new 5 blade wetshave razor and gel,it is very good and no nicks either

I use single blade old fashioned style and foam all over, never cut myself yet, thankfully

I too use my beard trimmer for my underarms and man-bits. I don't remove all hair, just trim it to a managable length and try to take off all the errant sack hairs.

Mine is like the electric hair removers used by barbers, with a couple adjustable plastic guards I can slip over the blades for varying lengths.

I wouldn't get an electric clipper near my scrotum ever again. It's razors all the way! Much safer and smoother.

I do trim occcasionally with my beard trimmer, but give the wrinkly bits a very wide berth!

Mr Monster wrote:

I wouldn't get an electric clipper near my scrotum ever again. It's razors all the way! Much safer and smoother.

I do trim occcasionally with my beard trimmer, but give the wrinkly bits a very wide berth!

Sound advice! Might get this put on my gravestone External Media

can't beat a good razor, used with a shaving oil. Oil makes it easier to see where your going and avoid nicks. I like to stay smooth, and a quick once over in the shower every morning does the job

Got the OH a beard trimmer from poundland

I trim K with the sissors then he finishes off with a disposible razor, seems to work fine. X

I have a phillips bodygroom does the trick and really easy to use