Male nipples in photos?

I searched this every way I could think of but couldn’t find a definitive answer. Photo guidelines state no nipples to be exposed but if I scroll through the lingerie photos some males have exposed nipples while others have added smilies to hide them. Can an overall outfit photo leave male nips exposed if not gratuitous and accentuated as sexual in nature?

I don’t think they should be, there should be no nipple exposure but some may have slipped through.

Do the photos with nipples tend to be older ones? Possibly from before the rule was brought in?

@Lovehoney_Brenna FYI :blush:

1 Like

Please flag any images that contain uncensored nipples :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It might be that they are older photos from before the ban on male nipples?

Ok, thanks for the clarity. I had started from the most recent post and scrolled back so they may very well have been older images.

There shouldn’t be any, please do flag them if you see them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would have to go through a 1700+ post deep thread again to do that which I have already seen. That is for mods to sort out, not me, if those are the rules and especially given I don’t get those rules. I don’t know of a single jurisdiction where a bare chested male is offensive.

As i understand it its an equality thing.

Women’s nipples are banned so it was decided that mens nipples should be banned too.

On a very explicit sex discussion and image forum it seems odd but those are the rules,

1 Like

I get it some what. Nips can very from male to trans to female. Different locals regard them all differently as far as content and legality . I just wasn’t sure how the rules were applied after going though the lingerie post thread because it wasn’t consistent with what was stated in the rules. If I make the effort to post, I just want to ensure my post conforms to the rules rather than having the “post deleted by moderator” notice instead.

The forum has being going for a very long time and over that time the rules have changed for various reasons. The further back you go with posts, the more you’ll find ones that now break the rules but didn’t at the time they were posted. It’s not practical to go through the entire forum to make sure every post is completely within the rules but if you do see something will browsing that you think needs looking it, flag it.

1 Like

I get we all have to follow the forum rules but I do find it weird you can describe a scene or fantasy in detail but you can’t post a nipple :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Because there are legal and search optimisation issues around female nipples which aren’t an issue when describing your fantasy. It’s not a LH thing.

That makes more sense @Calie :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmmm… I get most of what you state but “not practical” implies no effort from LH based on your own rule changes. It’s not up to me as a general user to moderate your past content. If someone is truly offensive or abusive I will certainly flag the posts. If a guy has a nip showing in a photo from 5 years ago I couldn’t care less and i am not about to go through 1700+ posts again to tattletale on others. If it is a concern to LH, mods need to deal with it, not users.

I mean, you don’t have to flag anything. It’s not mandatory. :slight_smile: But if you do want to help out that’s also much appreciated too. :+1:

Here’s the original topic on the rule change if anyone is interested:

Though I think it’s been in place a while now and I’m not sure it’s furthered the cause a whole lot. As the Your Photos category is restricted to logged-on users only it’s not actually indexable/findable by google or other search engines. I think there’s a strong case to go the opposite way and allow nipples for all.

Free the nipple! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You raised it. Many community sites request users flag things if they feel it’s a rule break. No one is asking you to go back and flag anything. If you also don’t want to going forward, that’s fine.

Where do I send the money for that cause? All in!

This is another related topic that people might also like a read of as well:

1 Like

That is not correct. I asked for clarification given LH photo rules did not match what was posted in the lingerie thread. Your rules are your rules and I am fine with that but what if I have a question when something doesn’t line up? I do like an honest answer on how to proceed for your website guidelines so that my content remains within those guidelines.

Just to clear up any confusion, I am not Lovehoney. I didn’t not create any of the forum rules. I am a TL4 member but still a member. Lovehoney staff have Lovehoney in their usernames.

Yes, you asked for clarity. You were given that clarity and asked (without obligation) if you would flag things you felt didn’t comply with the rules. But you seem put out by that request and have repeated that a couple of times. Human beings aren’t perfect and things get missed.

2 Likes