Massage Candles help please

I've just started using massage candles and love them but I have one problem.

Afterwards my skin smells like a candle. None of the reviews say this (apart from the one I wrote).

So am I doing something wrong?

Or do I have a super sensitive nose?

I was hoping to be left with lovely moisturised fragranced skin, but sadly it doesn't smell too good lol

I'd love to know if others have the same problem, or if it's just me.

I have been contemplating on buying these, but have a hyper sensitive sense of smell, so I guess I'd probably smell the wax too.

Wil await for more responses, to see if anyone else experienced the same as you x

Do you mean it smells like an actual candle, and not the massage oils? Usually after a massage with candles I always feel super smooth and smell amazing! I always use the earthly body range though, what did you use?

I use the Earthly Body range too. My skin smells of the oils and of candle wax.

My skin does feel lovely and smooth, it's just the smell.

Hmmm that's quite strange. I've never personally been able to smell actual candle wax, which makes me think maybe it may be slightly faulty and may have a higher quantity of candle wax in the product. You could always exchange it and try again? It could also be that you've just got a really sensitive nose, and you can smell thinks better than the rest of us, which is a shame because it'll probably put you off using them. What scent did you use? I always go for Guavalava, it smells amazing!! I've got the candles, but I prefer the massage oil. I always get the huge bottles when they're on offer because they just last forever! I have the first bottle I got and it's been used a lot and it's not even half empty, and I have another full bottle that I got when it was on offer. That could be an option for you if you like the scent you have, but can't stand the candle smell.

I've just checked the offers and noticed it is on offer at the minute, and it's being discontinued :(

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22440

But the last set I got on offer was this one, I prefer the bottle having a spray nozzle, because I use it as a general moisturiser when I'm a bit damp when I get out the bath. At least this one isn't being discontinued - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28677

I hope you manage to get something sorted.

We were very kindly sent a Lelo massage candle by lovehoney and we don't really get a candle smell tbh. I get an oily feeling on my skin and need to take a shower afterwards but that would be the case no matter what massage product I was using.

I've tried a few different brands (not the earthly body ones though) and I've never noticed the smell of wax, just varying scents.

I agree with MrsMcX - its either faulty, or you have an amazing nose :)

I have used 2 different candles and had the same result so I think it's my nose. My daughter does say I have a nose like a sniffer dog lol

I will keep using the candles as I love the feel of them.

MrsMcX I have recently got a bottle of Guavalava so I'll be using that too.

I absolutely love Jimmyjane massage candles and have never experienced a wax smell, whilst using or afterwards. My skin feels devine and beautifully scented afterwards ..