Massage oils.

Hello,

Anyone know if massage oils are ok to use on penis/vulva/anus? I see videos of sex massages where it seems ok but thought I'd better check just in case.

Thanks.

Things seen in videos are often done for aesthetic reasons, because it looks good, not because it's safe. They don't want to ruin the shot by switching products at the last minute.

Massage oils are not particularly good or healthy for genitals. Please don't use them that way unless the bottle specifically states that it's fine, such as the 2 in 1 products that are available. I'd generally keep oil-based products away from the vulva at all costs though.

^^^ 100+ to what Nat has said!

Most massage oils are full of really great ingredients for massage and moisturising like essential oils. Whilst these are great for your skin, I wouldn't recommend putting any highly fragranced products near your intimate regions.

Nat is totally spot on - we sell a Durex 2-in-1 massage-lube that is safe for both. My friend absolutely loves this product (haven't tried it myself yet): https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=6016

Blimey that was quick!

Thanks very much for the replies and the 2 in 1 suggestions. I'll look into them.

NatandTom wrote:

Things seen in videos are often done for aesthetic reasons, because it looks good, not because it's safe. They don't want to ruin the shot by switching products at the last minute.

Massage oils are not particularly good or healthy for genitals. Please don't use them that way unless the bottle specifically states that it's fine, such as the 2 in 1 products that are available. I'd generally keep oil-based products away from the vulva at all costs though.

Spot on . After washing my hands I tend to switch to a lube . It sounds a bit clumsy but I try and keep it hot by removing her knickers as part of the final act. Wearing knickers also helps in keeping the oils away .

Also you need to be careful of lubes with the lady regions and avoid those that contain glycerine or any sugars . These will promote unwelcomed yeast type infections.

Get the right stuff, play safe and you'll be fine .

As another idea whilst it so hot why not try a little ice massage on your partner and cool them down .

mysteron wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

Also you need to be careful of lubes with the lady regions and avoid those that contain glycerine or any sugars . These will promote unwelcomed yeast type infections.

Get the right stuff, play safe and you'll be fine .

All of this ^^ 

The 2 in 1 Lubricants have some great reviews :) 

Really glad to have spotted this discussion thread, and absolutely must confess I had no idea massage oils were frowned upon in this use. We'd recently blogged a review of "Swoon" and "Earthy Body" massage oils, specifically with reference to handjobs. We've always used them and never had a problem, but maybe that's just been a matter of luck, and we should try one of the 2-in-1 lubes. Don't think the hubby will complain... any excuse to try something new! ;-)

( https://steamybedtime.co.uk/article/massage-oils-review-and-illustrated-handjob-tips )