Massage Tips

HI Guys

My OH and I like massages to set the mood and have some quiet 'US' time when little ones are staying with gandparents and we can take our tme.

The thing is we normally just throw a blanket over our double bed and massage on that.

This doesn't really leave the receiver room to breath when they are on their front.
Also boobs etc can somethimes feel a little squashed when laying on your front for a while.

What's your tips and tried and tested methonds?

We've tried a chair but it doesn't really suit an intimate massage I feel.

I've seen special pillows etc out there, have you tried some and are they any good or just get in the way?

Sounds like you need a new bed lol. I just gave my Mrs a massage last night and she loved it. She often gives me one as well and we always use the bed. You could possibley use say a few dining room chairs logether and leave a gap for the boobs to hang down .Didn't mean for that to sound crude !

A good tip for you if you intend making love then keep massage oil away from his manhood. Some contain sugars ( glycerine for example) which would give you a risk of a yeast infection in penatrative sex . For massaging his manhood select a water based lube that doesn't contain sugars .

Make sure the room is very warm as at least one of you will be totally naked and dim the lighting which helps with any body confidence issues. Also make sure the room is secured and free of interruptions .

I can't offer up any suggestions as I'm in same position (excuse the pun) lol will be nice to see what other members suggest. X

Also select your oils carefully and make sure that they are designed for that purpose. Lovehoney do stock a selection . Also get a massager . It looks like a cradle with balls stuck on the end. We have a wooden one but LH do a plastic one to the same design which should be as good.

You also did right in throwing a blanket or towel on the bed as you really don't want oil in your best bed covers.

When massaging at first keep away from the sensitive bits unles you want a quick session as arouusal will happen .I normally start with my partner face down first and then do her front later .She does the same with me .

Its also a god idea if the massager is also undressed are patially undressed as again the oils arn't very good for clothes.

If there is any more I can think of I will post again .

If using baby oil then definitly keep that away from lady parts. I have heard so many not so good things about the product encouraging yeast infections more so than propper massage oil. So just keep that for a baby !

Thanks Mysteron

I'm more looking for the extra's

We've got plenty of massage lotions and lubes (from love honey of course) but we're hoping there are other things we can try

Tend to warm the massage oils before hand. Feels better and add some hot stones to help relaxation.

You could have from her underbust down on the bed, with you, a slight gap over the edge for her boobs to hang, then a chair with a pillow on for her head and arms etc. I actually find it quite comfy lying on my front though with a pillow under my chest

I have noticed that there are a good couple of books available from Lovehoney. Could be worth investing in ,if like us you do a lot of massage .

get a book on beginner's (or whatever level) massage. There's some good techniques for areas away from the obvious, and it certainly makes a difference if someone massages you who does more than just rub your shoulders and poke at your spine a bit without knowing what they're doing. It will also let you come up with some structure to your approach rather than getting a couple of mins in and not really know what else to do.

A good massage should relax you, take you away from daily life and revitalise you. It can also lead to sex obviously (and usually does ;-) ) but that doesn't mean skimp on the first half.. Problem is, as the masseur you probably don't realise how short a time you've been at it, especially if you're planning the more fun bits later in your head. Try and have a clock nearby so you can have a quick look up and aim for x minutes. You may find it takes forever, but that just shows it was a good idea so you're giving your partner plenty of time to enjoy it and for it to do good.

We have a few books, some on 'normal' massage and some on more intimate massage.

LoveHoney has a great range of lotions some of which are suitable to intimate play.

I like the idea of the wedge, I’ll look that up. Sounds like it could be fun for other times and positions.

We’ve been looking at foldable benches on eBay as we think it would be nice to be able to get easy access all the way around.

Scarab9 you’re right about the time, we set a minimum time before moving on to more intimate areas

Definitely put a pillow under the boobs then rest head on arms - I feel much more comfortable that way.

The main thing that takes the pleasure away for me is worrying about the damn oil getting everywhere! Even though I lay on a towel - I always feel oily after - even when it's all sank in, and yes, that is using 'proper' massage oil.

That said, good on you for finding the time to enjoy other intimate time with each other besides sex. Me and my OH are currently so busy with work that intimate time seems to slip away :(

I only ever massage my man but I have been looking at getting a massage roller as I would love to be able to use different things. Does anyone know how good they are? Lovehoney has a purple one on 3 for 10 so looks like a perfect valentines gift! I have the massage rocks and that are pretty good! Anyone got any massage oils or anything to spice it up too!!!xoxoxo

BeautifulMystery69 wrote:

I only ever massage my man but I have been looking at getting a massage roller as I would love to be able to use different things. Does anyone know how good they are? Lovehoney has a purple one on 3 for 10 so looks like a perfect valentines gift! I have the massage rocks and that are pretty good! Anyone got any massage oils or anything to spice it up too!!!xoxoxo

We have a wooden one and I think they are brilliant especially if your partner complains of "knots"

Just ordered one of those lickable massage candles for me and the bf to try out next, look interesting and think it might be nice as the oil will be warm too. Has anyone tried one before and if so got any tips?

mysteron wrote:

BeautifulMystery69 wrote:

We have a wooden one and I think they are brilliant especially if your partner complains of "knots"

I have ordered the red massage roller from Lovehoney and can't wait to use it on my OH, I hope that he enjoys it.

Does anyone have any tips when buying massage oil, I want to buy one that isn't sticky as my man cannot stand sticky skin, hope someone can help as I want the best one possible at a good price.

Danii6396 - I haven't bought one yet... But I also wondered the same, I would like to get one. Let me know what you think, is the oil sticky or is it good?xoxo