Masturbation abstinence in a relationship?

Does anyone not masturbate when in a relationship or try not to as much? My husband does not have quite as high sex drive as me and generally doesn't need to wank it if he is working away in the week. I don't mind either way at all but it is a huge turn on for me knowing he hasn't cum since we were together.

In my experience it can be a helpful addition to a mutually happy sex life, especially when each other's drives might be mismatched at times.

Generally, I think I have a slightly higher drive and I like solo sessions with my toys - it doesn't mean less sex with OH - quite the opposite. But when I went through an early menopause I lost all sense of desire for a long time, and I'm glad my husband stuck by me and attended to his own needs without looking elsewhere.

If it keeps the interest there, and fills in any gaps without detratcting from the main relationship, then i think it is perfectly normal and acceptable.

If people choose to abstain for their own reasons eg to add a bit of frisson to their relationship when they are with their partner, or because it is taking over a bit too much, then that's fine too - just agree these things together, either way.

My wife hardly ever masturbates but when I found out she had it was a huge turn on. I wank all the time. My wife knows and is happy

To us masturbation, whether solo or together, is part of our sex life. We haven’t tried to limit or exclude it. In fact we are very open and tell each other when we have had solo play. Sometimes we like non penetrative sex as mutual masturbation can be so intimate. We have never treated it as something only single people do. When we got together, after sex one afternoon, I asked my partner to show me how she masturbated and I would demonstrate how I did it. Being a little coy she asked me to go first so i showed her. We both learned a lot about each other that afternoon.

No. I masturbate more than I have sex even though I'm in a stable relationship. In fact, we encourage each other and there's no shame in it. If we are home alone for a few hours, we'll jokingly ask each other how many times we masturbated, lol.

We are both very open about masturbating and enjoy it as well as sex together. My husband get extremely turned on by knowing and seeing that I masturbate alone. Sometimes, i just need to cum and my husbannd is fine if I do this in front of him or just go for some me time with my dildo upstairs.

He does like to masturbate but also tries to limit himself sometimes as he says his orgasm is stronger after a good few days without cumming. I must admit, I do find it a huge turn on knowing he hasn't cum for a week and is so turned on and needing an orgasm.