Masturbation - is this unusual?

I've searchd the forums and couldn't find a likely looking thread for this so apologies if I overlooked it.

Over the years, I've got the impression that the way I masturbate isn't all that common and I'd love to know how many other women do the same. So here goes...

Basically, I lie on my front with my hands between my legs and kind of wriggle rythmically and increasingly energetically until I come. I can do it naked although I find it works best if I'm wearing something that I can rub against myself. I believe the orgasm I have this way is clitoral. it feels quite different to the orgasms I have through penetrative sex and there is an obvious peak and release.

I can remember doing this as young as five years old, although obviously I had no idea what I was doing, I just knew that if felt nice :0) When I was 14 I found out what masturbation was and realised I had been doing it for years!

The upside of this is that I have always been able to masturbate myself to orgasm fairly easily and quickly. The downside is that I have not (so far) succeeded in masturbating any other way which makes it difficult for me to give tips to my OH, although oddly he can make me come using his fingers or a vibrator inside me. Its a bit frustrating that direct clitoral stimulation with fingers/tongue/vibrator has never worked for me.

So, anyone else masturbate this way or had similar experiences?

Not unusual at all. I do the same, but tend to use my cone nowadays. Inthe past I rubbed against a soft toy! I was also an early starter and maybe that has something to do with it? I can come other ways too, it's just about getting out of the habitn of only one way. Dno't worry about it though.

I remember masturbating from an early age, don't now young but probably 10 ish, i had a clown pillow with a hard red nose and i used to use that.

Now when I masturbate it is almost always clitoral, usually on my front like you titania, but i often raise my ass in the air also, i do like to have something fabric on at the same time, gives it a sensation thats its not me doing the rubbing.

I am not sure why you are not able to come through clit stimulation now other than yourself, i do wonder sometimes if it becomes sensetive to a certain way of touching, and if it has been the same way for a length of time thats all it responds too?

Don't think it is that unusual as the other posters have said. Just enjoy it!

Hi Titania. My OH lays on her stomach with her ass in the air whilst I masturbate her sometimes. So i wouldn't say that it's unusal at all. In regards to the non cumming from tongue, fingers or vibe I don't know. Have you tried a really powerful bullet vibe? My OH swears by the Tracey Cox bullet. Also I think some ladies prefare a lower vibrational frequency than a higher one, that may make a difference possibly.

SG69 x

When i first started masturbating, i was about 12/13 (before i bought any sex toys lol) i would use this method and it always made me orgasm within about 10 minutes but i got out of doing it that way when i found the world of sex toys!

I wouldn't say it's unusual and if you enjoy it, that's all that matters :) x

Not really unusual. With my first vibrator, the only way I could really get off with it was to be on my front and rub myself against it. It was kind of a necessity since when I got close to orgasm, my legs would tense up. Being on my front meant that I would get closer to the vibrator from doing this rather than moving and completely losing it.

As for the clitoral thing, I wouldnt worry too much if your OH can't bring you to orgasm through clitoral stimulation alone. The only time my boyfriend has made me orgasm through clit stimulation alone has always been through oral, and even then it takes quite a long session to get me to that point. Needing vaginal stimulation at the same time isn't at all unusual.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :0}

SG69 - Recently I tried the LH Magic Bullet 2.0 which seems pretty powerful. It did great things for my bloke so I had high hopes but it hasn't done much for me so far. Well, its good on my nipples!

The thing is, because I've haven't really had to work to have an orgasm I don't think I'm intimately acquainted with what works for me down there and my OH gets annoyed if I keep saying "no, not like that, like this"!

I'm not too bothered but I can have fun trying, can't I!

Id say i used to when i first started... (11, ish..) and found that i could only get off that way so it seemed. but plenty of practice and determination meant i sort of 'taught' myself to keep working on other positions... and by the time i bought my first vibe (about 13, lol) i had more variety... either way though, its not unusual, and go with whats right for you - if you're craving a bit of change, work at it but if not, just do what feels good :)

its also good if you lay on your side faced towards your OH,they can then put there leg inbetween yours and you can enjoy grinding on it till your orgasam

bootyshakerv wrote:

its also good if you lay on your side faced towards your OH,they can then put there leg inbetween yours and you can enjoy grinding on it till your orgasam External Media

I enjoy doing that too. :) The only thing is that kvetch has sensitive skin, and every time we do that he gets a huge squeezeworthy spot on his leg the next day. :p

Lubyanka wrote:

bootyshakerv wrote:

its also good if you lay on your side faced towards your OH,they can then put there leg inbetween yours and you can enjoy grinding on it till your orgasam External Media

I enjoy doing that too. :)

Aye - love it too.

titania wrote:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :0}

SG69 - Recently I tried the LH Magic Bullet 2.0 which seems pretty powerful. It did great things for my bloke so I had high hopes but it hasn't done much for me so far. Well, its good on my nipples!

The thing is, because I've haven't really had to work to have an orgasm I don't think I'm intimately acquainted with what works for me down there and my OH gets annoyed if I keep saying "no, not like that, like this"!

I'm not too bothered but I can have fun trying, can't I!

Just tell him that you obviously know what feels best for you better than anyone else, and you're trying to teach him. I probably don't tell my boyfriend enough, although he probably goes on my breathing rate and knows that moaning = good and screaming = great lol.

If you want to do it on your back, it may be worth giving it a try and concentrating on how good whatever's happening feels. If you're lying on your back and just thinking the whole time you dont like it on your back, then you wont like it because you're thinking of that rather than being in the mood and allowing it to feel good. Some of the most powerful orgasms I've had have been a result of positive thinking rather than just sitting there and taking it!

I think I've learnt the most about my body by going with what feels great rather than trying to have an orgasm. And I"ve been teaching this to Mr HP as well. I think there is way too much pressure to have an orgasm sometimes rather than enjoying the whole thing. I know that if I feel like I'm being rushed to an orgasm then it makes it less likely to happen and less enjoyable. Just go with what feels nice and I bet orgasms will follow.

this is the way most girls have there first orgasm. and why not its effective, easy, can be done anywhere and you dont need to buy any battaries. do not be ashamed of this at all. masterbation is about what feels right for you! have you ever tried using a dildo or vibrator if not then you should give it a try. if you have and its not your thing then thats fine too. you could buy one of those finger vibrators to highten the sensation for youself.

jackie xxx

Heyy titania,

I do that from time to time too! As the others have said just relax and enjoy yourself rather than worrying about whether or not it's normal! There's no harm in experimenting with other things too! If you have an hour of you time you can always try different things and go back to your trusted method for the climax so you can learn what you like best and show your OH in the future! Also instead of saying "not like that" to your OH say "that feels good but it would be better like this"....a lot of blokes respond well to compliments and reassurance that their technique is good. I also find it difficult to orgasm when my partner is doing all the work so we find it helps if he takes charge of the inside with tongue or fingers but I take charge with my toy or fingers to get off...The combination of the two makes it really intense so while I know my fella is a little gutted that I need to help him, he is happy that he's the only one who can make it that intense for me!

its the age old debate is it wrong its a natural process and needs happening i say, empty out the gutters...:-)