Masturbation

So I've recently been working away and one night whilst talking to the wife she said that she's never masturbated. She's played with toys rubbing herself but never gone the whole way. Any tips or advice for her to give it ago or just some reassurance that it's worth a try. Much appreciated

Do either of you use a vibrator or your fingers to stimulate her clitoris before or during sex? I started by encouraging my wife to use the vibrator on herself during PIV sex then suggested that she should use it on herself during foreplay and she's now comfortable masturbating with a vibrator while I watch (my favourite spectator sport) or by herself.

Hi yeah use both on each other during sex and foreplay, yeah we've spoke about her masturbating while I watch the thought of it seems so hot

Is there a reason why she hasn't continued past playing previously? If not I would suggest a good place to start is to continue past where she has stopped in the past if that feels good, or to do something she enjoys you doing to her, use a toy that she likes you using on her. If it is something she has experienced before it might make her feel more comfortable? The other option depending on how she feels about it is for both of you to play with her and she can take over from you, although for some this might feel daunting and they would prefer to start off on their own. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, still haven't worked out how to make them work on my phone!

TheSmiffs wrote:

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, still haven't worked out how to make them work on my phone!

There's some workarounds in the Tips thread you might find useful. 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1576978-helpful-tips-for-lovehoney-forum-use/page-3/

Thanks Mr Chimp 👍🏻

I was hoping you would point me in the right direction!

Mr&Mrs GJT wrote:

So I've recently been working away and one night whilst talking to the wife she said that she's never masturbated. She's played with toys rubbing herself but never gone the whole way. Any tips or advice for her to give it ago or just some reassurance that it's worth a try. Much appreciated

I wonder why she has never gone the whole way by herself? Does she feel it would be disloyal? Toys can certainly give women a strong orgasm, but obviously toys are no substitute for the intimacy of being with a partner. Maybe you could encourage her interest by using toys together when you are home? That way you could enjoy it together and she would know that it is ok to go for it solo too?

I'm very happily married for over 15 years now, sex is fantastic but I still like to masturbate around 3-4 times a week. I've just always liked the feelings it gives me and my orgams feel great so why not more of them!? My husband knows this and it seems to really turn him on knowing I masturbate myself and he has seen me many times in the shower where I often like to take care of myself.

I would just reassure her and let her know its fine to do and to enjoy it if thats what she wants to do. Me and the wife got together when we were younger and she initially hid it from me but it eventually came out that although she liked to masturbate daily she was embarassed doing it and so said she didn't do it at all. She is completely open about it now but was not when she was younger.