Media Requests Thread

Hello!

As you can probably imagine, at Lovehoney we get quite a few requests from the media who would like to pose questions about sex and relationships to our forum members. We're very picky about passing these requests on - we like educational, sexually happy articles and not sensationalist pieces.

I thought it might be a good idea to put requests that we think have the right tone in one thread so that you can peruse them at your leisure, or ignore them completely if you're not interested.

A journalist is writing an article for Marie Claire about women's orgasms and is looking to speak briefly to women about what works for them in achieving orgasm. They are looking for women aged 25-40 to give them a quotation of a couple of sentences about what helps them. The piece is not anonymous and so you would need to be willing to provide a headshot photo and your name.

Please email press@lovehoney.co.uk if you are interested.

Its a good idea. I however do not fit into that category, and I would probably never do anything non-anonymous because im a wimp!

EskimoKisser wrote:

Its a good idea. I however do not fit into that category, and I would probably never do anything non-anonymous because im a wimp!

I'll always state whether the piece can be anonymous or whether the journalist would prefer to use real names - that way everyone knows what to expect .

Im tooo old!

but wouldnt do it because of the anonymity or lack of

xGGx

I would but not with my photo!

I would, if only first name was used and a photo would not be required. I can understand the idea of real women, but I do feel that this would be putting my skin on "the market" if someone I know would read it. You never know who they would tell about it.

Agree with the others. I am in that age bracket and I would do it, but the lack of anonymity puts me off completely.

I would quite happily but not my name of photo.

It's really interesting - I'd like to think I'm empowered and liberated and able to talk freely about my sexuality. However, I think I would be at risk of losing my job if I did this and that scares me. There's a clause in my contract about "bringing the organisation into ill repute" which could mean anything really, so I think they could get rid of you on those grounds if an employee talked openly about sex in the media. Difficult.

SS xx

On a personal level, I would happily do this. Unfortunately there is a clause in my contract that forbids me to be involved in the media without their express permission. So sadly it is a no go for me.

I agree entirely with Sweet Submission - couldn't put it better myself.

Morning all,

Suspect this one will be a long shot, but we can totally vouch for the project and, who knows, someone on the forum may be interested or know someone who might be! :-)

--

Attractive couples needed for an innovative instructional online sex video being made by an established and respected sex author. We're looking for good-looking, classy couples aged anywhere from 25 to 35. No fake breasts, obvious tattoos, false nails or labiaplasty. We want natural looking couples with fit, healthy bodies. The shoot will take place over a period of 2-4 days and will require you to have sex with your partner to illustrate various sex techniques that will be explained in the online video-book. Experience appreciated but not essential. A fee will be paid to the performers.

if only I didn't have tattoo's....lol.

Really admire anyone who would consider this

If only I was 35 and under :( Lol

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Morning all,

Suspect this one will be a long shot, but we can totally vouch for the project and, who knows, someone on the forum may be interested or know someone who might be! :-)

--

Attractive couples needed for an innovative instructional online sex video being made by an established and respected sex author. We're looking for good-looking, classy couples aged anywhere from 25 to 35. No fake breasts, obvious tattoos, false nails or labiaplasty. We want natural looking couples with fit, healthy bodies. The shoot will take place over a period of 2-4 days and will require you to have sex with your partner to illustrate various sex techniques that will be explained in the online video-book. Experience appreciated but not essential. A fee will be paid to the performers.

I'm sorry but couldn't help but chuckle to this bit!! Good job it's not 'Pilot needed for long haul flights!!'

A request for people who are willing to be interviewed and happy to appear on camera talking about sex toys - I actually know Vikki myself, so I can vouch for how lovely she is!

Are you one of the UK's many happy sex toy users?

Are you bored of the old fashioned stereotypes surrounding the use of toys in the bedroom?

Channel 4 are making a documentary about the UK's changing attitudes to sex and sex toys and would like to hear from you.

Whether you're a regular user or just like experimenting, we would love to hear your views.

We're really keen to break the taboo and talk to people of all ages and backgrounds. So whether you're married or single, dating or in a relationship, then please get in touch. People use sex toys for a wide variety of reasons, as they have done for hundreds of years, so please help us to finally break the stereotype!

Email Vikki Rogers: vikki.rogers@oblongfilms.co.uk with some information about yourself and we'll get in touch.

Mmm not sure I could do this. It's the thought of being on the TV I don't like, talking about sex toys, well that is a different matter, that I coud do!

Morning all!

A national glossy women's magazine is looking for a couple who have read Fifty Shades of Grey and are happy to talk any changes it has had on their sex life. It would be a named and pictured piece, so only for those who are happy to not be anonymous.

I don't mind doing this but I'd need to read it first, although I'm single lol