Medication affecting the old sex drive..am i alone in this?

Since I have been ill and on medication, I am finding that at times I am losing my sex drive totally and other times I get extremely turned on but am unable to climax. I am on A LOT of medication, almost all of them says side effects include a sexual disturbance...not the kind of thing I was hoping for at 23! I have found one of my medications, well 2 actually when taken together they seem to make my sex drive go bezerk I just feel mega mega horny, Its embarrassing!

Anybody else here in a similar position who has any advice? anything greatly appreciated, because Im at my wits end!

PPB

x

Nope sorry. I know the pill reduced my girlfriends sex drive but thats the only experience we have. Hope things end up back to normal for you.

Oh honey!

I can understand, at one point i was on anti-d's, pain relief (strong) and hormonal stuff and I was just like you.

Try speaking to your doctor - for me being as big as I am I couldn't have certain meds so I didn't feel much better till I got off them but they may be able to help you depending what you are on.

Is there anything else that may be affecting you as well - stress, feeling down etc?

I know it's a hard trying to talk to them about this but promise, they have heard it all before.

I also had to go out of my way to 'feel' sexy again - really good wine and choccy, nice bath oils, time with toys to 'warm up'.

Sorry I am not much help; but I promise it is not forever. If you want to rant you know where I am xx

PPB wrote:

Since I have been ill and on medication, I am finding that at times I am losing my sex drive totally and other times I get extremely turned on but am unable to climax. I am on A LOT of medication, almost all of them says side effects include a sexual disturbance...not the kind of thing I was hoping for at 23! I have found one of my medications, well 2 actually when taken together they seem to make my sex drive go bezerk I just feel mega mega horny, Its embarrassing!

Anybody else here in a similar position who has any advice? anything greatly appreciated, because Im at my wits end!

PPB

x

I can kinda sympathise, I am diabetic and it is poorly controlled, when unmedicated I get bloated, suffer nerve pain and numbness in arms and legs, it makes me bone-achingly tired it also leaves me feeling as horny as a wet fish but when medicated and my sugar levels are behaving I am fine and dandy which equates to raging nymph

I believe you are being treated for a heart condition? apologies if I have misunderstood!

My suggestion would be to speak with your cardiologist, he is the best person rather than your GP for example ... mixing and matching medication can be complex, especially if its a relatively serious condition, it may be that you have to live with the effects for now if this is the best combination of drugs for you at present.

Sorry if this is of no help or comfort, sounds like you are having a pretty crappy time.

hiya thanks for the replies

yes i am on heart medication, and also a steroid for my blood pressure. i am also being treated for arthiritis on 2 different types of morpheine and another opiate. i take the progesterone only contraceptive pill as well, so im on a fair bit of medication

I wont see anyone now till i have got my appointment re my pace maker so i havent really got anyone to ask!

I think ill make an appointment with my GP.

thanks

PPB

x

My sex drive went down when I started anti depression medication. I found that if I took it at night rather than the morning then it wasnt so bd. However depending on what type of meds ure on and if u have to take them at specific times, that might not work for u. I did find however that after a while (say 3-4 months) my sex drive started to come bk, i do believe that meds can be a shock to the system and ure body just needs to adjust to them before it starts getting bk to normal.

My sex drive went down when I started anti depression medication. I found that if I took it at night rather than the morning then it wasnt so bd. However depending on what type of meds ure on and if u have to take them at specific times, that might not work for u. I did find however that after a while (say 3-4 months) my sex drive started to come bk, i do believe that meds can be a shock to the system and ure body just needs to adjust to them before it starts getting bk to normal.

hmm well mine dips and peaks depending wether im on my thyroxine and the pill. when im on the pill (cezerette) it tends to go down, and the same with the thyroid ones.

but on the thyroid ones i still play a couple of times a day, so its not too bad

Thats the thing... take the moments of desire when u can rather than them just going and feeling frustrated.

sweetlove666 wrote:

hmm well mine dips and peaks depending wether im on my thyroxine and the pill. when im on the pill (cezerette) it tends to go down, and the same with the thyroid ones.

but on the thyroid ones i still play a couple of times a day, so its not too bad

Ask your doc about your pill! My doc just changed me to a diff one because mine (microgynon) makes my sex drive go down!

Ax

Think they all affect different people differently, guess that's why it's difficult to advise on things like that! I know some people who have really bad mood swings on microgynon but generally I'm ok with moodyness so I guess it's how your own body reacts....that's why people having problems should ask there docs and try a few to get the best one for you

Ax

If you have to wait some time before seeing your cardiologist/GP I would suggest going to talk to your pharmacist. In my experience they know a lot a more about these things than a GP, and your cardiologist may only know about the meds your on for your condition and not the effects of the mix. Any pharmacist should be able to help. I hope this helps.