Meeting the one

Starlight* wrote:

I met my OH on the internet. It was completely innocent at first, as he messaged me to poke fun at my choice in football teams! But that all soon changed x

Problem with dating sites at the moment, is im only 16... I know most people would be like Oh.. why do you want to find someone... Whats the harm in finding someone at my age? I'd love to have a nice relationship! But... as i was saying its difficult to actually go someone innocently enough...

All the best,

Sir.T

Sir.Thrustalot wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

I met my OH on the internet. It was completely innocent at first, as he messaged me to poke fun at my choice in football teams! But that all soon changed x

Problem with dating sites at the moment, is im only 16... I know most people would be like Oh.. why do you want to find someone... Whats the harm in finding someone at my age? I'd love to have a nice relationship! But... as i was saying its difficult to actually go someone innocently enough...

All the best,

Sir.T

I wouldnt try dating sites yet sweetie, just go out and about and meet friends of friends.

Mmxx

Sir.Thrustalot wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

All the best,

Sir.T

Hmm- I would definitely rule out dating sites for you! The thing is, me and my OH did not intentionally go out looking for a relationship. We met on 'faceparty' about 5 years ago, and for the first 8 months it was harmless chat about music/football etc... Neither of us intended to fall for each other like we did, and now 5 years down the line, we've been dating for almost 4 years. So, it worked out well for us, but what I'm stressing is neither of us were looking for a relationship... it just sort of happened. There is the old clique that 'if you go looking for love you'll never find it' and perhaps that's right? You're only 16- I wouldn't worry about relationships yet. You have plenty of time to start dating, and things will become a lot easier when you can go and meet people in pubs and clubs! A bit of dutch courage always helps things along... xx

Starlight* wrote:

Sir.Thrustalot wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

All the best,

Sir.T

Hmm- I would definitely rule out dating sites for you! The thing is, me and my OH did not intentionally go out looking for a relationship. We met on 'faceparty' about 5 years ago, and for the first 8 months it was harmless chat about music/football etc... Neither of us intended to fall for each other like we did, and now 5 years down the line, we've been dating for almost 4 years. So, it worked out well for us, but what I'm stressing is neither of us were looking for a relationship... it just sort of happened. There is the old clique that 'if you go looking for love you'll never find it' and perhaps that's right? You're only 16- I wouldn't worry about relationships yet. You have plenty of time to start dating, and things will become a lot easier when you can go and meet people in pubs and clubs! A bit of dutch courage always helps things along... xx

I agree, this happened with me and the OH as well. We had been looking, stopped and found each other and instantly clicked. Just enjoy being single and not having the crap of relationships (bad ones)

marriedjones wrote:

i feel so lucky to met my beautiful wife so ealry on in life and know we will be happy together forever.

This actually sums up what me and my friend were talking about tonight. People don't understand couples who get in relationships young, and marry so early, but you have summed this up perfectly. I met my OH when I was 17, and immediately knew it was right. What's the point in waiting a few years until people accept it, when I know it's right and can spend those extra few years with him? Well put Marriedjones xx

Starlight* wrote:

marriedjones wrote:

i feel so lucky to met my beautiful wife so ealry on in life and know we will be happy together forever.

This actually sums up what me and my friend were talking about tonight. People don't understand couples who get in relationships young, and marry so early, but you have summed this up perfectly. I met my OH when I was 17, and immediately knew it was right. What's the point in waiting a few years until people accept it, when I know it's right and can spend those extra few years with him? Well put Marriedjones xx

I was the friend!

Me and WandA got together at 15 and 16 - people think it's impossible but they're wrong. It's difficult yes, but I love WandA with all of my heart and I'm glad we met young, it means we have longer to love each other!

Adx

I think its more the people and compatability rather than age. People who meet at 15 can be perfect or people can meet t 30 at its wrong.

weddings of friends, work, the pub

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

marriedjones wrote:

I was the friend!

Me and WandA got together at 15 and 16 - people think it's impossible but they're wrong. It's difficult yes, but I love WandA with all of my heart and I'm glad we met young, it means we have longer to love each other!

Adx

Yes exactly! Didn't he word it well? I felt all fuzzy inside when I read that! xx

I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with meeting "the one" when you're young - I wish I'd met my husband sooner. I would just doubt that there would be very many people aged 16 on there so it might prove to be an expensive habit for not too much gain.

However you go about it I hope you have fun finding your dream other half

CCW x

Starlight* wrote:

Yes exactly! Didn't he word it well? I felt all fuzzy inside when I read that! xx

External Media yes.

I do however think there's a lot to be said for not rushing and enjoying singledom too - you may only get to do it once!

Adx

met my hubby throu lonley hearts coloum of local paper ,,was single and bored at the time just reading the paper spotted his ad ,thought why not nothing to lose , so i rang and left message 3 hours later he rang me back we sat and chatted on phone for 4 hours ,,met up next day at local asda cafe ,, 16yrs ago the best 16 yrs of my life ............sure has brought the sexual side of me xxx

so you could meet the one anywhere

siandlinda wrote:

met my hubby throu lonley hearts coloum of local paper ,,was single and bored at the time just reading the paper spotted his ad ,thought why not nothing to lose , so i rang and left message 3 hours later he rang me back we sat and chatted on phone for 4 hours ,,met up next day at local asda cafe ,, 16yrs ago the best 16 yrs of my life ............sure has brought the sexual side of me xxx

Thats great, congrats!

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

siandlinda wrote:

Thats great, congrats!

thanks you MM

siandlinda wrote:

wow, fantastic...!

I'm also sort of paying attention, too, as OH and I separate on 01 10 10 officially and so am suddenly confronted with a rewind to 15 years ago..'which way now?'

lookslikefun wrote:

siandlinda wrote:

wow, fantastic...!

I'm also sort of paying attention, too, as OH and I separate on 01 10 10 officially and so am suddenly confronted with a rewind to 15 years ago..'which way now?'

Thats a shame, what happened?

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

lookslikefun wrote:

siandlinda wrote:

wow, fantastic...!

Thats a shame, what happened?

9 years married, 2 kids and somehow en-route the passion was gone and after a few ups and downs, to be expected as you move from getting to know you, falling in love, practising for and then making babies...somehow we lost the plot, and early in the new year came the classic 'I've fallen for someone else' (or words to that effect) from OH. After a lot of heartache, i decided to cut my losses and accept the situation (i.e. complete loss of trust, no longer worth fighting for) and move out, but stay in the neighbourhood to be near the kids. emotional roller coaster at present, as you can well imagine, fury, sadness, and everything between.

Soooo...

Weird feeling being abou to be 'back on the market' after ~15 years and being financially responsible for 2 young kids and a soon-to-be-divorcee. That said, I'll probably bump in to some nice Australian girl on the bench next to me at the Oktoberfest in a couple of weeks!External Media

I hope all goes well. Though TBH I would have chucked him out!

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

..me's a he and she's the one who 'done me wrong'...I know, the picture's a sexy woman's back, but that's because I like them, not because I am one So under German law my future ex-OH, she as mum gets to keep the kids and house until the divorce is settled 12 months minimum after the separation starts...hence I walk.

sorry for the confusionExternal Media

lookslikefun wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

..me's a he and she's the one who 'done me wrong'...I know, the picture's a sexy woman's back, but that's because I like them, not because I am one So under German law my future ex-OH, she as mum gets to keep the kids and house until the divorce is settled 12 months minimum after the separation starts...hence I walk.

sorry for the confusionExternal Media

Oh and I do want to chuck her out, but that's not really going to help me or the kids in the eyes of the law nor the social services when it comes to sorting it all out.External MediaExternal Media