Menopause

i dont want this to sound self centered, my wife and i have always had a great sex life, she had a very high sex drive and we used to swing, but latley since she hit the menopause her sex drive has vanished, we still have sex, but it is always instigated by me.

when we have sex she enjoys it, we have talked about it, but i miss the old days of her jumping on me lol.

does anyone have any experiance of this, and what can i do to help.

Hi, I am new on this forum, I am just starting going through menopause myself and had found that my sex drive had dwindled and as you described once my partner instigated it I would enjoy it but didn't have the urge any where near as much. This was also made worse by stress going on in my life (not in my relationship with my partner) and the two together just put a total damper on things. I had been to the doctor about another gynaecological problem menopause related, and was prescribed oestrogen pessaries, at first I didn't notice any difference but after a few weeks now I certainly have, and have had a very definite increase in my sex drive . I also think that psychological factors have a big influence with women as in not feeling as sexy due to ageing /body image and self confidence at this time of life. and just the idea that your reproductiive days are finished even if you did not wany any more children, if that makes sense. I hope this helps :)

Thank you, i agree it's a great song :)

thank you for the replies, we have been lucky in having a few days off together, and have both made an effort to re energize things, and it has helped, talking,as always seems to be key