mental health rant!

CheekyGirl18 wrote:

Ive battled depression and post natal twice been medicated and not. Currently going throught hell after husband left and have SS involvement. To which they tried to tell me im not normal etc making me out to be a mental head case. I wasnt impressed with how it was handled and thus put in massive complaint. You get ones who ignore and others who make out your actions to be worse or twist them.
The support network isnt widely accessible i feel for those who need just boosts now and again and choose to try and lead a nornal life without medicating etc. Im currently chasing one to one support now.

that is disscusting that they made you out to be like there. never mind everything thats going on for you and then them coming in and making it worse for you. i hope you manage to get the one to one sound like you could do with the support right now.

thinking of you in this time take care x

Geez this is a bit close to me right now, and I hear your plight! I can fully understand where you are right now, and please rant away, we've got good ears you can bend. Some wonderful supportive comments above. I'm there right now! Started with mouth pain 1 1/2 yrs ago which require some potent meds, long story short without boring the arse off everyone, the side affects are that they make me suicidle! But they're the only thing that takes the edge off my insane pain. I've walked out in front of a moving car twice within the past 4 mths, so I can really relate to this thread. I've a heap of stuff from my past that needs dealing with too, it's a mess!

So they sent me to mental health after mths of pleading for help, great news! except the guy sexually assaulted me at the end of my session and turns out he wasn't even registered! So the depression got worse! I push through and will need to go get help again!at some point. So many people suffer with mental health issues, but it's getting the right support and guidance, and that's not always easy to find! It's hard work. But I hope you find it. I'd like to say a big thanks, for sharing. That can't have been easy! We're a lovely group of human beings it seems! Always here for you :) x

Spongebobs12 wrote:

i have been reading other posts and was taken back buy how supportive people are on the forum as with most things in life, i alway thought this was a tabu subject that people didnt want to know, which to me is the wrong way to look at this issue now as so many people suffer from this but still most people dont want to talk/help with this illness.. as a suffer myself i find in had to approch people to talk to about this as i always feel like they dont want to know or think am a complete nut case. i know there is profesional help out there but even then sometimes they dont want to know either as with some of things i have experienced i have been told what you got to be depressed about or why do this things to yourself or your young so you will be ok. these qoutes really bug me as with any illness age has nothing to do with it you can have whatever at any age but because you can not see mental illness people dont understand untill they go through or have been throught it before..... what i find diificult tho is trying to make people understand friend/ family is that i dont want sympathy over any of this just someone to listen to me about things here and there and a little understanding from others. thats not to much to ask is it?

at the end of the day i am still human and a person just because i have depression does not mean that is all i am!

what are peoples views or am i just moaning lol

ps sorry for the rant and hope i do not offend anyone reading this or breaking any rules putting this post up.

Omg THANK YOU for posting this i was about to write exactly the same thing out give or take.

Today has been a terrible day, i hurt myself so bad i had to glue my arm up myself...im getting though way to many boxes of fags a day, eating too much and to make matters worse i have had my medication increased. Today i woke up hating the fact i woke up.

People will always judge you, they will think your stupid, ranting for no reason, attettion seeking, lazy, a retarded freak, a stupid brainless bitch that should be shot... and thats just the ones that i can post here

I am at the end of my tether with it. I am sick to death of being judged and then people thinking i cant be trusted because i have mental health problems. ive snapped at so many people today. I dont even want to be around them anymore the slightest look in my direction sets me off crying.

Ozz wrote:

Geez this is a bit close to me right now, and I hear your plight! I can fully understand where you are right now, and please rant away, we've got good ears you can bend. Some wonderful supportive comments above. I'm there right now! Started with mouth pain 1 1/2 yrs ago which require some potent meds, long story short without boring the arse off everyone, the side affects are that they make me suicidle! But they're the only thing that takes the edge off my insane pain. I've walked out in front of a moving car twice within the past 4 mths, so I can really relate to this thread. I've a heap of stuff from my past that needs dealing with too, it's a mess!

So they sent me to mental health after mths of pleading for help, great news! except the guy sexually assaulted me at the end of my session and turns out he wasn't even registered! So the depression got worse! I push through and will need to go get help again!at some point. So many people suffer with mental health issues, but it's getting the right support and guidance, and that's not always easy to find! It's hard work. But I hope you find it. I'd like to say a big thanks, for sharing. That can't have been easy! We're a lovely group of human beings it seems! Always here for you :) x

Oh god this is terrible hun! Safe to say i will NEVER trust a male doctor again after reading this!

fantasia fairy wrote:

Ozz wrote:

Oh god this is terrible hun! Safe to say i will NEVER trust a male doctor again after reading this!

That was an awful thing to happen to you Ozz, and should never have happened. The guy who did that to you was a sick coward preying on someone in an extremely vulnerable state.

Having said that though, to say not to trust a male doctor is a little misguided, because there are some really good doctors out there who really care about their patients. And a female doctor could potentially assault someone, or just not give a rats arse about the patient and fob them off with unnecessary prescriptions.

Not meaning to have a rant or a go at anyone, but I think the key is to find a good doctor you can trust, and then keep them! In this day and age, doctors have lots of patients to see, and at the end of the day certain conditions and Illnesses need to be referred on. If you're in a very precarious mental state, I would always recommend taking someone you trust with you, such as a family member or good friend. I had to do that when I was ill; it was the only way I'd go and see the doctor. I was petrified they'd want to section me! My family were adamant they didn't want that happening, so in the end they looked after me. I am very lucky in that respect, I realise.

Support groups such as Depression Alliance can be a great help as well.

Luv bunny wrote:

fantasia fairy wrote:

Ozz wrote:

That was an awful thing to happen to you Ozz, and should never have happened. The guy who did that to you was a sick coward preying on someone in an extremely vulnerable state.

Having said that though, to say not to trust a male doctor is a little misguided, because there are some really good doctors out there who really care about their patients. And a female doctor could potentially assault someone, or just not give a rats arse about the patient and fob them off with unnecessary prescriptions.

Not meaning to have a rant or a go at anyone, but I think the key is to find a good doctor you can trust, and then keep them! In this day and age, doctors have lots of patients to see, and at the end of the day certain conditions and Illnesses need to be referred on. If you're in a very precarious mental state, I would always recommend taking someone you trust with you, such as a family member or good friend. I had to do that when I was ill; it was the only way I'd go and see the doctor. I was petrified they'd want to section me! My family were adamant they didn't want that happening, so in the end they looked after me. I am very lucky in that respect, I realise.

Thanks for your supportive words Luv Bunny. His main job was an actor/photographer it turns out! I've had to get the police involved etc, been an eye opener for sure! just a practice male nurse! So I can't go back to our hospital and they've offered the manager and a lady mental health registered nurse to come to the house and re assess me, I might be able to do that. We have to be so careful!

I can relate to your anxiety, it's the stuff of nightmares. So glad you were looked after, that's the goal x

Please don't do anything to hurt yourself again! You're a wonderful human being with a lot to offer, kindness and thought for others! Push through please, and rememebr there are those out here that care even without knowing you! x

Fantasia fairy, please please please do not hurt yourself hun. I've not self-harmed as such, but I have wanted to do horrible things to myself in the past.

You sound like you have so much pain inside you, and maybe cutting helps release that pain, but it's not going to help you in the long run to keep harming yourself. Could you try a different method for calming yourself? Are you creative? You could draw, paint, model clay, knit, write music, anything that gives you something to focus on and lose yourself in, so that your mind does not keep going over all the stuff that makes you want to harm yourself.

And you're not attention-seeking, you're crying out for help. What is needed is a way for you to try and help yourself get in a slightly better place than where you are now. One step at a time. Just exist in the moment, and think of a safe place where the things/people that have hurt you in the past are not trying to harm you anymore.

Stay safe my dear xx

Ozz wrote:

Thanks hun. Im getting there day by day. Currently battling to stay breastfeeding my bsby after thrust in his mouth again causing unbelievable nipple pain. But im coming out of it now feeling better during feeds. Just had phone call for my therapy but as i have no child care i dunno if its going to go ahead now sighs....

Ozz wrote:

that is awful to here that can not beileve it but unfortantly there a those people who pray on the vunrabal but karma is a bitch and a timewill come for him am sure

take care x

fantasia fairy wrote:

Spongebobs12 wrote:

i have been reading other posts and was taken back buy how supportive people are on the forum as with most things in life, i alway thought this was a tabu subject that people didnt want to know, which to me is the wrong way to look at this issue now as so many people suffer from this but still most people dont want to talk/help with this illness.. as a suffer myself i find in had to approch people to talk to about this as i always feel like they dont want to know or think am a complete nut case. i know there is profesional help out there but even then sometimes they dont want to know either as with some of things i have experienced i have been told what you got to be depressed about or why do this things to yourself or your young so you will be ok. these qoutes really bug me as with any illness age has nothing to do with it you can have whatever at any age but because you can not see mental illness people dont understand untill they go through or have been throught it before..... what i find diificult tho is trying to make people understand friend/ family is that i dont want sympathy over any of this just someone to listen to me about things here and there and a little understanding from others. thats not to much to ask is it?

at the end of the day i am still human and a person just because i have depression does not mean that is all i am!

what are peoples views or am i just moaning lol

ps sorry for the rant and hope i do not offend anyone reading this or breaking any rules putting this post up.

Omg THANK YOU for posting this i was about to write exactly the same thing out give or take.

Today has been a terrible day, i hurt myself so bad i had to glue my arm up myself...im getting though way to many boxes of fags a day, eating too much and to make matters worse i have had my medication increased. Today i woke up hating the fact i woke up.

People will always judge you, they will think your stupid, ranting for no reason, attettion seeking, lazy, a retarded freak, a stupid brainless bitch that should be shot... and thats just the ones that i can post here

I am at the end of my tether with it. I am sick to death of being judged and then people thinking i cant be trusted because i have mental health problems. ive snapped at so many people today. I dont even want to be around them anymore the slightest look in my direction sets me off crying.

wow you sound like you are in a very dark place. i have and am there myself.

its aweful you are been judged like that there are some really horrible people out thereand sounds like you are having a shit day today. you can be trusted as just because you have a mental health problem does not make you you trust worthy at all. i think its harder to trust people in all honesty.

i hate it when the tears come as they never stop and most the time question where the come from as feels like there is nothing left.

stay safe take care hold your head high as i have no doubt you are strong, stronger than people give you credit for xx

Luv bunny wrote:

fantasia fairy wrote:

Ozz wrote:

great advice never been in touch with that group and you are so right on with finding a good doc and keeping them helps and over timetrust builds between you that way and feel better talking to them and open up more x

There are some very distasteful people out there , agreed! But geez there are some diamonds too, we need more of those people in our lives.

Mostly, we will never judge you! x