met partner on a dating website?

I have met my wife on dating webside.

I thought I would tag this onto an existing dating type thread.

I heard on the radio going to work this morning a new concept ( well new to me anyway) of dating. Its called Smell Dating!

Basically you send a recipient an old T Shirt ( i think thankfully it stipulates a T Shirt) with your natural smells/musks and if the other person likes it they contact you for a date . I am not sure if this is a blind date or one were you can exchange info and pictures at a later stage,beforte the actual date is arranged .Its done through a downloadable app according to the guy on the radio.

Many times I empathise with singles having to go through some of these modern dating concepts.

Whatever happened to the good old fashioned boy meets girl in a bar? Are these days sort of over with the busy lives we have today.?

alone4ever wrote:

Back in my parents day they went to saturday night dances, where if you fancied a girl you asked her to dance; then you had something to do together staight away. I'm talking proper ballroom dancing.

Now people have a massive list of what they want in a partner, no compromise; where else but online can you advertise such lists. it's not surprising that someone has come up with a new way to find your partner; it's another way to make money off others.

Despite me being old fashioned I still think one of the best ways of meeting a potential partner is to go out on the town . Its best to go with a mate though as it can make things a little easier . I used to be my brother's wing man and thats how he met his now Mrs .

I've run a music based bulliten board for about 15 years and we've had loads of couples meeting, getting married and having babies. (No divorces yet.)

When I was young you went to university and met hundreds of others, all the right age group, in close proximity. That worked.

McAndrew wrote:

I've run a music based bulliten board for about 15 years and we've had loads of couples meeting, getting married and having babies. (No divorces yet.)

When I was young you went to university and met hundreds of others, all the right age group, in close proximity. That worked.

Yes and you had your close circle of friends which contained both genders and you sort of went on a round robin with each one .I was tapped up to go out with my current Mrs by one of my former circle of friends from my student days .

A friend of mine recently suggested ok Cupid to me as if already tried Tinder, pof, tagged (when I was a little younger) and one or two others and I really like ok Cupid and that's where I met this guy and we are seeing how things go but we are currently planning our second meet up but it's difficult because he's not too well but hoping to see him tomorrow or Sunday if he's well enough.

He was actually one of the very very few people I messaged first and I'm so glad I did. We sent over 300 messages in two days then moved onto kik and have talked every day since I sent that first message

Met mine on POF. Been together over 2 years now.