Mirena coil and loss of sex drive

My wife may be having another mirena coil fitted to help alleviate some of the pain from a medical condition. It's a bit like endometriosis but not quite.
She has had one fitted in the past and her sex drive completely disappeared (she doesn't normally have a very high sex drive, where as I do). It made me pretty miserable as I felt my needs were getting overlooked as there was no other forms of play, just me solo.
She had the coil removed as she was bleeding all the time even thought it was helping with her pain. However she has since found out that there are ways to stop the constant bleeding by combining it with a pill.
She doesn't want to have another coil fitted as it made me miserable, but in her current state she is too painful for sex (Or any foreplay/masturbation) Has anyone managed to boost their sex drive while being fitted with a coil? I really want her to have it fitted as it's going to help. I can't help being miserable as i feel like I'm being ignored (even if it's not on purpose)

What do i do????

My first thought would be to Google. To see if this new combination would help her medical condition and also with her sex drive.
Then I'd go with her to the Dr's and speak to them. Ask them if this combination will work for her condition and her sex drive. If not what would?

However the priority as you've said must be her health.
Good luck.

Obviously I dont know her condition and wouldnt want her to go against medical advice, but would she consider alternative therapy? Amazing things can be done with abdominal massage to treat utrine conditions. The thought of hammering her body with artificial hormones, then take something else to combate the side effects of the first treatment for a condition caused by hormones in the first place does sound harsh, especially if her quality of (sex) life if being affected.