Missed the postman!

god damn postman!!!!

waited in till 11am yesterday then had to go to a meeting, i come back at 2 oclock to one of the red cards telling i me i missed the postman who didnt come till 1pm! britsh postmen are so lazy im in awe at the shear bone idleness of it. they must of waited till the rain stopped before heading out. saturday post in this area normally comes between 09:00-09:30.

on the plus side, once again LH manages next day delivery via free post, i didnt get it next day thanks to the postman but always know imma get my stuff quick with LH

mrbumps wrote:

god damn postman!!!!

waited in till 11am yesterday then had to go to a meeting, i come back at 2 oclock to one of the red cards telling i me i missed the postman who didnt come till 1pm! britsh postmen are so lazy im in awe at the shear bone idleness of it. they must of waited till the rain stopped before heading out. saturday post in this area normally comes between 09:00-09:30.

on the plus side, once again LH manages next day delivery via free post, i didnt get it next day thanks to the postman but always know imma get my stuff quick with LH

Ha - i love how you had to go out to a meeting yet its the postie's fault that you were out when he/she happened to arrive at your door??!!! There are other peoples mail/packages to deliver as well as yours - they cant be at everyones door at the right time!! I can assure you that not all postmen/women are bone-idle and in fact most will go out of their way to try and get you your parcel (seeing as though it saves them the effort of carrying it around any further as well as you the hassle of going to the delivery office).

Also avoiding a heavy rain shower until it passes is sometimes advisable as otherwise people complain that their mail is soaking wet (and subsequently falls appart in some cases when trying to get it through the letter box!). Although i doubt this delay would be for very long seeing as though most posties like to speed through their round and get done and home before their paid-to finishing time!!

Or, you may just have had a postie that didnt know your area very well on your round that day - might of got a bit lost/might of got out of the office a bit later than your usual postie/might of done the post round a different way round to your usual postie so your street was later on the round than your usual 9:00 - 9:30 arrival time. Or a combination of the above!

How about you walk a mile (or five - with a heavy bag full of mail) in a posties shoes before you jump to call them all lazy just because you were out when they called to deliver your parcel!!!!!

The postie we currently have is a dick first of all the last one was great and normally I respect post men/women. Howver this guy doesnt even look you in the eye pretty much crumples the mail half way through before giving up half the time.

Worse of all if your not in he leaves most of the parcels in the back garden totally exsposed to the elements and the last time he did this my neighbours dog decided to relieve him self on one of my brothers parcels.

Why are some so positive and great and some grumpy all the time if you dont like the job fuck off and get down the job center.

Why are some so positive and great and some grumpy all the time if you dont like the job fuck off and get down the job center.

I agree - I dont get it 'cause i personally dont like my current job but im still pleasant to people and try to do my job to the best of my ability - though we are all only human and everyone has bad days and takes things out on people they shouldn't - not that that is any excuse like! Lets not get started on some bus drivers attitudes!!! haha. Just the minority spoiling it for the majority all over eh!?

My postie very nicely puts it behind our bin... Always has done, without us asking. Very handy!