Missed the postman!

Missed the postman today and got to nip along to the sorting office tomorrow, was so looking forward to my package had lots of nice treats for me and now I am so horny just thinking about them and am setting my alarm early to go get them and then nip home before work!!! any tips on how to either a. get the flippin postie to stick parcel in a designated place in future or b. ???

We have a porch which we leave unlocked and ask postie to leave it there. 90% of the time our parcels aren't signed for so that works perfectly.

cheers - i was soooooo looking forward to my parcel - gutted now... don't think they tried a neighbour which would have been ace...... could have been trying them out!

I know how you feel, I once missed post before a bank holiday.

Just let the post office know where you want everything to be put.

My postie has a nasty habbit of just putting the "We missed you" card through without actually trying >.>

wouldn't be so bad but been looking forward to my pressies to myself..... not sure what to be doing now as I had planned a nice early night :( as a newbie single girl i am bored to tears!

I live in a building which has been converted into a few flats. We have a communal postbox. However, we have the issue that a) if a parcel needs delivering, then the postman won't even try knocking because we've had problems with the doorbells, and b) stuff that is delivered sometimes goes 'missing'. Means we have to get all our post sent to my parent's address. Hooray for Lovehoney's discrete packaging!!

Sorry that doesn't actually answer your problem, but best of luck finding a solution!

I know how you feel shy, ive had my post man do the same with things a few times, once he didnt knock load enough and by chance i caught him when looking outside the window had to run down the road after him or face the 3mile walk to the sorting office (they take it to the one thats further away fools). Unfortunatly like many i have no-where they can leave the package, not unless i asked a naighbour to take it in, and with something like this i dont think id want that incase they wanted a peek and/or there kids got hold of it and accidently opened it o.O

I don't miss post anymore, over the past 8months my postman even knocks to hand me my letters and junk mail.... I always find this odd that he does this.

oh well only 10 hours or so to wait, been looking for alternatives, any suggestions x

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I don't miss post anymore, over the past 8months my postman even knocks to hand me my letters and junk mail.... I always find this odd that he does this.

He's obviously got the hots for you.

scwhartz wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

He's obviously got the hots for you.

seems like that lol if it was just parcels ok but letters too o.O

I hate missing the post and the only time you can collect i'm getting ready for work, or sleeping :) but the package is usually worth the effort

I hate missing the postman, I did few times in last months and the most annoying was my university interview notice and he did not knock (it was signed for document which was allowed to be passed into my own hands).

I almost missed him yesterday. It was not Lovehoney parcel, but something I could barely wait to get so it would also be annoying to miss. Luckily in my country the parcel is ready for collection the same days as the attempted delivery, just you need to wait after 3-4pm.

shy837 wrote:

Missed the postman today and got to nip along to the sorting office tomorrow, was so looking forward to my package had lots of nice treats for me and now I am so horny just thinking about them and am setting my alarm early to go get them and then nip home before work!!! any tips on how to either a. get the flippin postie to stick parcel in a designated place in future or b. ???

Lovehoney can help!

We now offer Royal Mail First Class Tracked, which is free on deliveries over £30 or £2.95 on those under. It means you can designate something called a 'Safeplace' when you order, which is where posties leave items for you if they can't deliver them.

Some posties you have a good relationship with might already do this, but a lot don't because of insurance/compensation etc.

I sent a letter to my sorting office specifying my Safeplace and put a teeny tiny note on my letterbox saying 'please remember to leave parcels in my safeplace' so they don't leave the dreaded red card by mistake.

Find out more about Safeplace here: http://www2.royalmail.com/delivery/business-delivery-options-uk/safeplace

See Lovehoney's delivery options page.

That's awesome Alice! Are they funny about having a parcel put in a bin?(we had a similar service in my old work, and they used to refuse leaving it in a bin since it wasn't "safe")

Peachy keen wrote:

That's awesome Alice! Are they funny about having a parcel put in a bin?(we had a similar service in my old work, and they used to refuse leaving it in a bin since it wasn't "safe")

The FAQs say: " Customers can ask for items to be left in any secure, weather-proof area of the property, as long as it is safely accessible. Alternatively, they can nominate a near neighbour to receive delivery of the item." Might be worth check with Royal Mail if they've been "funny" about it before.

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

I left a note stuck to the front door for my postman, asking him to throw my skate shoes over the side gate if they arrived. He now puts anything that comes when I'm not in over the gate. :)

Hope you don't get a mirror delivered :)

Arrrghh had this problem today. Normally my postie does chuck everything over the side gate but for some reason today he decided not to. Maybe he was trying to be considerate because of the rain.

scwhartz wrote:

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

I left a note stuck to the front door for my postman, asking him to throw my skate shoes over the side gate if they arrived. He now puts anything that comes when I'm not in over the gate. :)

Hope you don't get a mirror delivered :)

Haha I was just thinking the same thing! Grr I was always missing the postman when in uni accom because they didn't even bother to ring the bell! Thankfully for now I'm back home so the 'rents take in the parcels - completely oblivious of their contents ;)