Model of the Month: reoccurring theme?

I know that MOTM is all just a bit of fun and a really generous thing for LH to run but i did notice something which i thought seemed a little unfair.

ofcourse this isnt anything against the winners as there are some genuinlly worthy nomenations every month but i thought it worth mentioning just incase LH didnt notice it and to avoid any bad vibes in this lovely community

but...

since January, the same three people have appeared in the last 4 consecutive month's competitions. and one person (A) with a very similar photo back in January to the one that was nominated runner up in in April

naming no names:

Person A was nominated as runner up 3 times in the past 4 months, person B got runner up twice and won once and person C as runner up twice conceutively (probably just a coincidence).

as i said, nothiong against anyone just thought i would mention it as it just looks a bit bad and im sure LH wouldnt want to look like they were picking favorites and not letting others have a chance (not that that is the case as 5 other members did get a mention and 3 of them were winners).

sorry if this looks like im geting jelous or picking on people. i wasnt even sure if i should post this here :/

interesting research @Avrielle_Aniko, have you watched Zeitgist? there is some interesting things about 9/11 on there that you might like.

anyways, thanks for the support. i really hope this doesnt cause a row. perhapas i should have posted it in the "spotted a glitch" thread. lol. i managed to message one of the people on fet that i mentioned just to let them know about the tread and to reasure them i had nothing against them but i condnt contact the other two.

i bet LH havent even noticed this themselves and just nominated what they thought were the best photoes which is how it should work imo. im just a sticker for fairnes (someone stole an entire packets of sweets that someone was sharing the other day and ate the lot in secret , it made me really angry and it wasnt even like i hadnt got one)

good luck to eberyone for this month and Congrats to whoever wins/ gets nominated!

I would go as far as to say Lovehoney DO choose fairly, and try to give everyone a good chance. Let me explain this one:

Yes, you are right that 2 or 3 of the same people have been in the runners up list 2 or 3 times. However, to be in with a chance of winning, all Lovehoney ask is that you post a picture and link to the item your wearing. Looking back over the last 3 or 4 months, these 3 or 4 people who have won runner up a few times, have been the main people entering the competition.

You must admit it would be hard for Lovehoney to choose different people if different people don't enter. On the months that different people have entered, these people have won it, (Take last month for example) and two out of the three people you mention have not won it at all, only taking runner up prize of a few Oh! points. Personally, the way I notice it, is that Lovehoney usually only have a small amount of entrants to pick from, (Seriously, check back the last few months and see how many different people have pictures up linked to LH items, each month it seems to be about 6 ish each month. I didn't count but thats about what I saw.) they have always picked the main prize fairly, giving everyone a chance, even complete newbies or people who are not on the forum (January and March winners were not forum members. Nor did they have any reviews up.) while still trying to choose pics that really show off their stock. Its a difficult task.

Looking back through the entries I do not see how Lovehoney have played favourites in any way and although I can clearly see that a few girls (including me) have won runner up a few times, putting myself aside, when I see the work those ladies put in to producing and uploading numerous pictures in numerous different outfits, I do not begrudge them winning a runner up prize worth roughly £6/£7 at all. I just think they probably spent 1000x that amount on their gorgeous outfits and good luck to them for getting a little tip of the hat from Lovehoney to say thanks for putting in so much effort every month and shopping with us. I think they deserve a medal to be honest, I know how much work it is to do half of what they do.

But even still, I do not think what I said above is the reason why those girls got chosen a few times, I seriously think its a lack of entrants. or lack of good entrants (Sorry, but think about it, if you were trying to show off your stock on your blog would you want to choose a clear picture, showing off a nice basque or sexy outfit that you sell, or a dark grainy picture showing off a pair of £4 stockings that you can barely see, that are a dime a dozen?)

The final point is that there is nothing in the rules to say the same person can not win runner up/the main prize numerous times. The way I see it, LH are not running a charity but rather, they are literally choosing what they deem to be the best pictures of that month to advertise on their blog, if that happens to be the same person as the month before, then that just means they are producing clear and gorgeous pictures and deserved to be there. However, looking at the fact that over the last 4 months you are raising questions about, Lovehoney chose 2 complete new girls and then last month a forum member who was not one of the 3 girls you mention being favoured. So technically I think LH are doing all they can to choose a wide range of people. 3 out of those 4 months, the winners were not these favoured girls. Its about taste as well. What one person thinks is a great picture, another may have chosen something else.

I enter almost any month I have a LH item to show off and have not won the prize. I enter because I get a kick out of thinking "ooooh maybe I will win" I never do lol but that doesn't stop me trying.I think every person is in with a chance. The more who enter, the more to choose from. Ive wrote like, 30ish reviews and never got runner up in that, let alone won that either but that doesn't stop me writing them like a demon possessed lol

Maybe you think i am kissing arse here because I won runner up and that makes me one of the "chosen ones" but I have never been a good arse kisser and I don't expect to start now lol. I almost fell off my chair when I got runner up, never expecting it at all. I can count the times I have spoken to a LH staff member on one hand, each occasion when I needed help and it was professional answers I got back. Simply put, I do not feel that if I suck up, they will owe me one, nor do I feel like they have more to give me if I became pals with the staff, other than what I already get, which is a nice forum to chat on, with friends I have made on here, a shop to buy cool sex toys from and some cool competitions to enter when I have time or energy. Considering I have wrote like, 30 ish reviews, entered the photo comp every month for 4/5 months, and enter their giveaway on their blog every month for the last year and have only ever won 4000 Oh! points, I think its fair to say, I KNOW im not expecting anything and I do it all for my own kicks. lol

Anyway, like I said thats my opinion and yours is just as valid. I cant see how this thread will cause any rows, its a genuine concern you have and if you feel this way, I hope you get some answers. Like Avrielle said, maybe contact LH directly and tell them how you feel. I hope one day you also win for your efforts you have put in because you deserve it too and you look great in your pics. (Hugs)

PS: Ork: Your pics are amazeballs this month! Love love love xx Good luck to all x

thanks for the compliments fluffbags and wow lots of writing but all very valid.

the fact that you won runner up twice doesnt really bother me and the fact that not many people enter is avery valid point that i hadn't really checked over. would be great if we could get more people to enter as its also really helpful seeing the products on people.

i agree with what you say too about them obviously wanting to show off their products and i have seen some really great ones...and some not so great teeny ting sandscapes but its great that we are all in with a chance and i totaly dont begrudge the fact that you got runner up twice and i also just enter for the hell of it and hope, oh maybe this time...ar well not this time but usually wow that person really desurved it.

i totaly wasnt suggesting there was any sucking up to staff going on, especialy not on your part. i have writen about twice as many reviews as you and neither have i ever been nominated but ah well, all i care is that people write reviews as they really help me and that maybe one ofmine will help someone else.

i guess what i was more shocked by was that basicly the same picture (a good one) was nominated twice but i guess maybe LH just forgot what with them being busy peole.

perhaps LH should just be clear about the rules so that noone gets het up over it and point out that more people need to enter to knock out anny reoccourring competition. that would probably make more people enter too. also if they made linking products less glity or allow you to link to more than one product as maybe thatis how they missed the fact that something hadbeen picked twice and i have not been able to link a fiew things.

oh and it would be nice to see toy with me tuesday back. they were fun (not that i ever entered)

sorry if you felt i was having a go at you fluffbags.

Love your spreadder bar pics by the way. you should upload them on fet too just so i can love them :P i hope they get entered for this months competition and that i havent scuppered your chances or that they penlise you for it being a toy and not lingerie. alwayths think its a shame toys dont count, especialy with some of the bondage stuff.

No no, I did not feel that you were having a go at me hunni, honestly. I got your Fetlife message and can see that something bothered you so I wanted reply to you x

I am not very good at remembering to keep my Fetlife profile up to date. I mainly focus on keeping my blog and Pinterest up to date, and Facebook and.....you can see why I forget lol. I think some bondage toys do count. The way I see it, if you go to the item and it says "Upload a picture for a chance to win" underneath the item, then its eligible for the comp. Some of the bondage stuff has that written in the description underneath the model pictures, not all, but some. (The more wearable stuff.) If you have bondagy stuff ....go for it! :D I guess its hard to include toy pics because they want to keep the pictures "Not too rude" and as such, the best you could do is take a pic of the toy really, which is pretty much what they already have.

Toy with me tuesday is still running though over on Nymphomaniac Ness' website. I enter it every 2nd week or so when I get the time. xx That picture you liked on Fetlife and said I should enter it, I did! A few weeks ago. hehe.

Another point to note is that photography, is quite niche. Ok anyone can take a photo on a digital camera, but to submit a photograph into a competition is something else.

I am interested in photography, but I wouln't know where to start when taking lingerie shots as almost all of my photos are landscapes. I have of course tried but it is difficult to do without a second pair of hands.

I am also wary of putting photos of myself in my undies online and I am sure that there are others who are equally as cautious.

yes, the photography part can be tricky and there was the debate about wther profetional photos should be alowed to win.

i just use cameroid (noticed someone else did which made me smile) and paint.net to eddit my pictures and i mainly just upload cos it alows me to give back to the community and its fun shairing picturs.

just as many anonamous shots win and often extra points are given for being creative with and when the compertition isnt in question its just as helpful wether i can see a fase or not, infact, it gives you a less bias oppinion of the product. but i can see why people wouldnt want to post picturs of themself in undies online.

i actualy think a like button would stop arguments as threads wouldnt pop up just to say youy like someones picture. likes wouldnt go twards wining or anything but would just let people know there work is appreciated

I admit I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's noticed this. I'm already waiting for this month's to see the same person win again, or be a runner up.

Ruby1878 wrote:

I admit I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's noticed this. I'm already waiting for this month's to see the same person win again, or be a runner up.

yes this is basicly the attitude i was saying it would create. two or three times isnt really a problem but once people spot a pattern that isnt in favour of them they get bord and either dont try (therefore LH loose out on photos that might help sell products) or they get bored and dont come back (its all about keeping people interested in the site right)

basicly its to do with LH's immage. the site isnt just judged on its products but its survice and atmospher too. its like a resteraunt- great food, shame that its full of BMP voters/ chavs etc... even if none of these things actualy effect the service you recieve its what you asociate with the experience. i might not buy from you now but if i sence something good about the place ill want to bring my custom to you as thanks when i come to want something.

Ork wrote:

anyone remember Jane? lol

Re-fresh my memory dear ork, was she the one who constantly bitched about people not finding her attractive on the " rate my avatar" thread and the publishing death threats to yours truly?

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

Re-fresh my memory dear ork, was she the one who constantly bitched about people not finding her attractive on the " rate my avatar" thread and the publishing death threats to yours truly?

Oh god dont remind us jesus louise she was an headache and a half

To your comments Rag doll you got to be in it to win it its as simple as that , I have won a few times by recieving Oh points but do you know what its a picture at the end of the day it doesnt state in the rules you cant win if you won last month ect . I am sure LH do it fair and square & no doubt disgust who shall win ect . Its a forum not FB so you cant really comment on photos ect . Some people upload some dont its a competetion at the end of the day everyone who enters has a chance of winning its like the lottery , some people win £10 every week some don't . They is no under work going on LH pick a winner simple as that .

Photography is an art at the end of the day professional looking photos can be taken by amtuers .

hmm perhaps its just that. a matter of stating rules clearly. of course its just a photo and you have to be in it to win it and there are some really amazing ones that i would have had to say something about if they DIDNT win so im not angry at anyone winning or doing well. if they worked hard they desurve it, how every many times they have won before....but i guess that there has to be a limet too otherwise people become dishartened and winning isnt nearly as fun. i actualu used to hate the teacher pointing out that i was top of the class AGAIN. but the first coupple of times it was great and no one minded too much as they had seen me working hard.

im glad i havent seen any death threts on here lately! thaty sounds bad. and all over a thread that is just a bit of fun.

Ork wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

I'm amazed you remember her after all this time :P XD Yep thats the one :P

I struggle to forget death threats!

Ork wrote:

Its a forum not FB so you cant really comment on photos ect

40k forums begs to differ :P

Dont go all geeky on me Ork I dont know techy stuff you know that lol

Ork wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

Ahhh and I thought I'd never think about her again... haha!

I have also noticed that the past few months the same people have won model of the month but didn't want to mention anything in case I'd come across as bitchy or something. Don't get me wrong, their photos are great. But I tend to check out the member photos regularly to see if anyone has uploaded any and often find myself thinking 'Ahhh I love this shot, this person should win this months competition!' or get runner up. And its kinda disappointing when they don't get either yet someone who has won the month before does. I have no idea why haha, its not even my photo!

I have entered with the hope of getting runner up a few times but then I've never been disappointed because someone else would always upload an amazing photo and I thought I definitely didn't deserve it.

But I do think that you have to be in it to win it - and the rules state that the photos should be clear. So the people who upload small, out of focus images probably won't win. It has happened before though - I remember thinking 'why did this person get runner up when the rules clrearly state Lh want the photos to be of a good quality?!'

In the end, its all based on personal opinion and we can't all agree on everything :)

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

Well dont worry now ste she has gone been banned and will not return

KinkyFuckery wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

She messaged me on Fetlife and on Facebook! there was a while that i was totally shitting myself, cause they said they were gona come get me at my uni :(

rag doll wrote:

hmm perhaps its just that. a matter of stating rules clearly. of course its just a photo and you have to be in it to win it and there are some really amazing ones that i would have had to say something about if they DIDNT win so im not angry at anyone winning or doing well. if they worked hard they desurve it, how every many times they have won before....but i guess that there has to be a limet too otherwise people become dishartened and winning isnt nearly as fun. i actualu used to hate the teacher pointing out that i was top of the class AGAIN. but the first coupple of times it was great and no one minded too much as they had seen me working hard.

im glad i havent seen any death threts on here lately! thaty sounds bad. and all over a thread that is just a bit of fun.

But clearly your not happy send your complaint to LH & see what they say , if you have a suggestion to make a competetion that is quiet simple enter a photo with a chance to win in your eyes better or fairer as you seem to think its not , I am sure LH will listen .

WeeSteve wrote:

KinkyFuckery wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Ork wrote:

She messaged me on Fetlife and on Facebook! there was a while that i was totally shitting myself, cause they said they were gona come get me at my uni :(

I hope you reported them babe dont take that abuse from no one go the police I did when my step sis ex threaten me they listen to me dont worry if you feel daft going the police they dealt with him for me .