Model of the Month

Hi everyone - Hella and I are looking at ways we can improve the Model of the Month competition and wondered if there were any bright ideas from the community itself.

It's becoming increasingly hard to judge, especially when you factor in the fact that some people have better or near-pro equipment or even pics from pro shoots. Currently our only criterion for entering a photo to the MOTM competition is that the photo displays a Lovehoney product.

We were considering doing a 'theme' each month alongside the overall winner - so the best photo with 'stockings' as a theme for example. Or even costumes for Halloween next month! We could go quite abstract, for example our testing theme this month is 'Back to Bed' so something like that invites more interpretation.

What do you think?

that sounds like a great idea Alice, not that I have ever entered but one day I might lols

I think it sounds a great idea, I have never been confident enough to enter but if a theme tickled me enough I may be tempted to especially now we have our new funky camera.

I think that is a good idea.

Or you could lower the money or points value and have more winners, say 5 or something.

There have been some great pictures I have seen this month, I probably haven't seen all of them or anything.

Or perhaps even ask the community to vote? Like a poll a week before the end of the month? One vote per person too so you don't get people spamming it with who they want to win.

Also, there could be two catagories, one for amateur shots and one for proffesional. I do think it's unfair to compare amateur and proffessional shots, especially as the equiptment is so much better and some people have been air brushed etc.

That sounds like a great idea, Alice.

I agree with Suze- I'm quite shy with putting up photos and it seems near impossible to win the Motm but the themes does make it a tad bit fairer and open to interpretations as you've said.

I think even though the amatuer/professional categories sounds good it will be hard to decide which should be classed from them both.

x X x wrote:

That sounds like a great idea, Alice.

I agree with Suze- I'm quite shy with putting up photos and it seems near impossible to win the Motm but the themes does make it a tad bit fairer and open to interpretations as you've said.

I think even though the amatuer/professional categories sounds good it will be hard to decide which should be classed from them both.

Usually it is pretty easy, generally proffesional shots have better lighting, shadows, effects etc and are on a completely white background.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Or you could lower the money or points value and have more winners, say 5 or something.

There have been some great pictures I have seen this month, I probably haven't seen all of them or anything.

Or perhaps even ask the community to vote? Like a poll a week before the end of the month? One vote per person too so you don't get people spamming it with who they want to win.

Also, there could be two catagories, one for amateur shots and one for proffesional. I do think it's unfair to compare amateur and proffessional shots, especially as the equiptment is so much better and some people have been air brushed etc.

This would make it fair I mean normally the photo's that win look great but are obviously done with equipment that some people do not have acess too.

For example say one forum member can afford a massive top of the range thing and has somone to take photo's for them where as some folk like my self have no one to take the photo for us and can only afford rather bad cheapy things.

Oh and also would there ever be a chance of us guys getting a seperate MOTM its quite hard to compete with the masses of stunning women.

crag630 wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

This would make it fair I mean normally the photo's that win look great but are obviously done with equipment that some people do not have acess too.

For example say one forum member can afford a massive top of the range thing and has somone to take photo's for them where as some folk like my self have no one to take the photo for us and can only afford rather bad cheapy things.

Oh and also would there ever be a chance of us guys getting a seperate MOTM its quite hard to compete with the masses of stunning women.

I also agree, there are more women on the DoTD than men. Then again, I see more pictures of women on here than I do men.

I like the idea of dividing amateur and professional, but I don't think men need their own category. I'm pretty sure I've seen male winners since I've been here, and probably in proportion to their number of entries. There may not be as much male clothing, but you could also do a sexy pose holding a flogger or wearing restraints. And if there are any crossdressers on the forum, I'd love to see photos of you dressed up as well.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

x X x wrote:

Usually it is pretty easy, generally proffesional shots have better lighting, shadows, effects etc and are on a completely white background.

I just meant if you have a really well done picture by an amatuer that looks professional and vice versa. Not the typical white background model shoot pictures.

I agree there should be more categories so that there could be a fairer experience for all members. However having a theme does help considerably and can make the whole competition more fun and not just all about "model" shots.

x X x wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

x X x wrote:

I just meant if you have a really well done picture by an amatuer that looks professional and vice versa. Not the typical white background model shoot pictures.

I agree there should be more categories so that there could be a fairer experience for all members. However having a theme does help considerably and can make the whole competition more fun and not just all about "model" shots.

Mmmm good point. I just think it is often hard for amateur shots to compete with proffessional shots.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

x X x wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

x X x wrote:

Mmmm good point. I just think it is often hard for amateur shots to compete with proffessional shots.

In the last 12 months, 10 of the winners were non-pro.

To be honest if the picture shows the product off the best then I dont care if its proffessional or not. I just like the idea of a sub-competition where I may be able to take part :)

I love the idea of the model of the month I was trying to pluck up the courage to enter myself, as even though Im a semi-pro photographer i still dont have a studio or the equipment etc just a nice camera and i could not take the image myself so it couldnt be classed as pro image.

Its mainly those that have the lovely white background, which are nice to see, but i prefer to see the real people wearing the lingerie etc, in your own surroundings of bedroom, stairs.

Last months model winner was a gorgeous shot as she had the lighting perfect on the stairs as she modelled the stockings.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

x X x wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

x X x wrote:

In the last 12 months, 10 of the winners were non-pro.

I know that a lot of them have been non-pro but in the same way there has been some great pro shots as well as non-pro.

Personally I think that pro shots shouldn't appear in the members photos. Many people are very self conscious regarding their appearance, myself included. Having their pictures next to or compared to professioally lit, made-up, shot then air-brushed pictures could have a negative impact on their confidence. I know I am less happy with a couple of my pics now than I was when I posted them.

Also seems to have a hint of the old fashioned pool hustler about it.

As for themes, not so fussed on that idea, all the pics could get a bit repetitive by the time a month is out.

silverdrop wrote:

I like the idea of dividing amateur and professional, but I don't think men need their own category. I'm pretty sure I've seen male winners since I've been here, and probably in proportion to their number of entries. There may not be as much male clothing, but you could also do a sexy pose holding a flogger or wearing restraints. And if there are any crossdressers on the forum, I'd love to see photos of you dressed up as well.

I am a cross dresser but due to budget reaasons and the argos value range web cam my photo's suck also its hard to get decent lighting.

Blondii wrote:

Its mainly those that have the lovely white background, which are nice to see, but i prefer to see the real people wearing the lingerie etc, in your own surroundings of bedroom, stairs.

Last months model winner was a gorgeous shot as she had the lighting perfect on the stairs as she modelled the stockings.

I agree with this - some people just cannot compete with others - I mean nowhere in my house has a blank white 'canvas' but it doesn't mean my actual picture isn't as good; it just means I don't have the background to pose against if that makes sense

silverdrop wrote:

I agree with this too - there was a stunning pic of (forgot his name dammit!!) in underwear. Phew!!

I like the idea of a sub category but I'm not sure how many categories you could make without running out of ideas (but then I'm not very creative). However, I do think it would help give some direction to people who are never very sure or confident about what pictures to take. So overall I like the idea

Angel x

A theme is a great idea alright!

Pro shots should be allowed to be uploaded, but perhaps not included in the running for Model of the Month.

How about creating a section on the site each month with 10 or so pieces of lingerie that people buy and upload photos of specifically for the contest? This could fit in nicely with the idea of a theme.

I think sliver drops new pictures are great. I like the idea of linking a theme to MOTM