My plan backfired... Now i'm filled with guilt :(

Ok some people may think this is sad, but I do have a conscience. Although I love spiders and insects, one thing I cannot be near is anything that flies (especially bees and wasps.) So anyway I went into the kitchen earlier to grab some ice cream and I swear there was the biggest furriest bee I have ever seen in my life, so I sped out and slammed the door behind me. I had to ring my OH to ask him what to do and it took me 20 minutes to pluck up the courage to run in there and unlock the door. I left the door open for about an hour, went back in and my cat was sitting on the windowsil, so I figured the bee had escaped. So I went back in and had a look around just to make sure... everything making me jump in the process. I was happy that it had gone so I brought my baby in and washed up. Strangely enough I still kept hearing buzzing but I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me... until I turned round and saw the beast on the rug and honestly I sh*t myself!!!!!! So I grabbed my boy and ran out... but this time I knew I had to stop it while I had chance so I grabbed a jug from my worktop and placed it on top, with a pan to make sure it doesn't fall over (sad I know). Ahh relief. So my plan was to leave the bee till my OH came home and he could set it free. But I realised not long ago that I needed the jug and wanted to swap it with another... but when I took the jug off of the bee it was on it's back twitching and I suddenly felt a lump form in my throat. I didn't want to kill it!! Poor thing... But I figured my cat may have attacked it which is why I found it on the floor, so to put it out of it's misery I turned the jug the other way up and crushed it. I feel so terrible please someone make me feel better :( I love animals and I know this will haunt me for days to come!

you have done nothing wrong, I have the same phobia... and I would have killed it too

Aww poor bumble! Seriously if your phobia is that bad it's a toughie, but it's one bee. I hate killing things too but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. I had to 'dispatch' a mouse last week and it was so cute-bloody cats!

I never try to kill any insects but although i dont like bees, and spiders anywhere near me ,.. i find alternative ways to get rid of them other than kill them. But you did what you had to do Lady, dont beat yourself up about it!

x

it sounds like the cat had a play and your have done the nicest thing for it x

If it makes you feel better I'm highly allergic to bees, wasps and other sting/biting insects they cause my airways to close and my heart to beat iratically I have to carry adrenaline injections with me everywhere as one sting or bite could kill me within minutes so if you think about it you've technically just saved my life ;-)

Hellkat wrote:

If it makes you feel better I'm highly allergic to bees, wasps and other sting/biting insects they cause my airways to close and my heart to beat iratically I have to carry adrenaline injections with me everywhere as one sting or bite could kill me within minutes so if you think about it you've technically just saved my life ;-)

I love you Hellkat :) hehe althougth technically we do needs bees to live! Xx

Love you too lady.gasm.
I'm sure we will all live happily without that one tho ;-) but if you see any wasps feel free to squish away guilt free xxx

Any big furry bumblebees out at the moment will be females with eggs looking for a nest. They're solitary bees (mason bee or leafcutter bees) and only form about 10-15 in a group and are non aggresive :(

I'm a bee lover! I've got several bee and ladybird houses in my garden. Don't beat yourself up about it LG! I hate wasps and. . .earwigs!

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Any big furry bumblebees out at the moment will be females with eggs looking for a nest. They're solitary bees (mason bee or leafcutter bees) and only form about 10-15 in a group and are non aggresive :(

I'm a bee lover! I've got several bee and ladybird houses in my garden. Don't beat yourself up about it LG! I hate wasps and. . .earwigs!

That's made me feel terrible. Did I kill her babies too? Omg I just didn't want it to get mad at me cause it was locked in :'(

And I can kill wasps if I have to they are vermin

xx

Maybe she wasn't carrying eggs LG! :)

Bee happy!

Your cat would've probably got it anyway.

Yes she is a little b*tch, anything that flies she gets her claws into. And I bet it was it was HUGE! And very fluffy

I had a look at it earlier in the tissue and it made me cringey and itchy and felt sick was horrible but now I wanna go give it a cuddle and say sorry

x

I'm a strong believer in not holding any regrets except for the moment it takes us to learn whatever lesson it is we have to learn. We all make mistakes and its ok to make them. Whats done is done and can't be undone. I'm sure there are more bumbles about and feel free to kill the wasps, I'm severely allergic to them and you're a life saver.

Hey don't feel bad. It's horrible when youre really scared of something, we'd have all done the same when scared x

To get a bee out put a glass over it then slide some card underneath the glass to trap it then take it outside and romove the card.

To get a wasp out hit it very hard then put it in the bin.

gunther wrote:

To get a bee out put a glass over it then slide some card underneath the glass to trap it then take it outside and romove the card.

To get a wasp out hit it very hard then put it in the bin.

My plan was to do that with the bee but it decided to land on a furry rug so couldn't do that, also was too scared of it getting mad when I let it free and coming back for me lol

Well I am glad nobody here likes wasps... Phew!

x

I love all living things but once had one of these fly into my office it was almost 2 inches long and jeeeez I nearly wet myself. I had to hit it about ten times with a fly swat to kill it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_hornet

Ive just found out killing it was a criminal offence as they are endangered

Oh dear! Well you wern't to know... just don't tell anybody else lol

Bee's are also endangered and we need them to spread the seeds of flowers which without we would die too. That is another reason I feel so bad, plus it didn't try hurt me it was just big and loud :(

Its very rare for a bumble be to sting I think they are pretty but Im averse to wasps coz I once got one caught in my hair and it stung me about a dozen times.

Queen and worker bumblebees can http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee_sting. Unlike a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_bee's stinger, a bumblebee's stinger lacks barbs, so it can sting more than once.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumble_bee#cite_note-21http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumble_bee#cite_note-22 Bumblebee species are not normally aggressive, but will sting in defence of their nest, or if harmed

I've got bumblebees living underneath the corner of my greenhouse great big fat things bumbling about I could sit for hours watching them