Keeping Animals Out!

Hey guys,

A bit of a bizzare question here. When looking to ... er... aquiantence myself better with toys, I often find I have the issue of a pet attempting to be nosey. One way or another, the pet interrupts - even when the door is closed. There's only a certain amount of scratching at the door I can honestly put up with before any interest in play time goes away completely...

Im just wondering whether anyone has any tips or ideas. This is a serious question, so no milarky or rude jokes, please people. I'm sure others have to deal with annoyingly curious pets!!

Chirrup

You talking cat or dog?

Cat :) (sorry, should have been more specific! Lol!)

have you thought about chucking (not literally) your cat outside when you fancy some play time

Oh god, my cats do this sometimes, they scratch at the door until I let them in, I think mine might just be quite nosy by nature as they do the same thing when I'm in the bath. I still haven't managed to get them to stop doing it so I'll be watching this thread! Sorry I'm no help.

Unfortunately is an indoor cat! Otherwise, I would do so, happily! (would never literally do so... that just feels mean :P )

That's ok, sleepycelia! At least I know I'm not the only one!!

Not being a cat person I see a simple solution.
Lethal injection :)

What about feeding it in a farther away room?

Nah, it's definitely not just you and me, my girlfriend's cat does the same thing except after it comes in it likes to perch on the windowsill and observe (and eventually fall asleep), which is more than a bit creepy. Apparently spraying near them with water from one of those hairdressing spray thingies can deter them from doing it but mine are very jumpy and I'd feel really mean :(

Sum Sub! :O *pushes away the small part of brain that is very tempted*

Sadly my place is very small - - you'd hear the animal no matter which room it went into :(

Oo, sleepycelia, that is definatley creepiness to the max!! Yeh, mine's a bit jumpy, too, and I think I'd end up feeling ridiculously guilty LOL.

Well, just scratching is still better than the cat knowing how to actually open the door unless you lock i! And then suddenly hearin hop and you have the cat, purring and happy on the pillow.

Actually I found out that for solo play, as I am single atm, its better to leave the door open. The worst thing the cat will do is come to the bed, curl up on the pillow and go to sleep. And does not even notice what the hell I am doing

you could get it it's own toy! Ours have a laser which moves about on it's own whichkeeps them entertained, I think it's called a Frolicat!

Laveila wrote:

Well, just scratching is still better than the cat knowing how to actually open the door unless you lock i! And then suddenly hearin hop and you have the cat, purring and happy on the pillow.

Actually I found out that for solo play, as I am single atm, its better to leave the door open. The worst thing the cat will do is come to the bed, curl up on the pillow and go to sleep. And does not even notice what the hell I am doing

I agree with Laveila, best thing to do is leave the door open.

I have a cat and leave the door open, he doesn't bother at all, worst he will do is jump up on the bed as Laveila has said her cat does.

Cat's are curious in nature, by shutting the door you are feeding that curiosity as they will wonder what's going on and why they are not allowed in.

I would leave door open, after a couple of times you will probally find your cat no longer's bother going in the room with you.

I leave the door open. My cats used to come in and jump on the bed with us but now they just look at us as if to say " not that again"

Nice bit of double pussy action on the bed ;-)

I don't know why, but having the cat walking in half way through just tends to put me off! I get that by keeping the door shut I'm only feeding into the creature's natural instincts, but I do wish there were a way to stop them - perhaps a "keep out" sign?

Miss honeybee - I've tried those toys before, but my cat looses interest VERY quickly

I'm with myghost on this one... Put the cat out as there is nothing more off putting then a cat jumping on the bed or scratching relentlessly at the door and carpet to put me and the OH off our stride and break the mood!!

bcg73

Chirrup wrote:

I don't know why, but having the cat walking in half way through just tends to put me off! I get that by keeping the door shut I'm only feeding into the creature's natural instincts, but I do wish there were a way to stop them - perhaps a "keep out" sign?

Miss honeybee - I've tried those toys before, but my cat looses interest VERY quickly

Hi, I understand what you are saying about it putting you off, but the chances are after a couple of times of this it will no longer bother you by going in the room. It is worth a try, even if slightly awkward/ off-putting at first. If it works and gets you the peace you require then it's worth it.

My dog growls and barks at me when I spank/whip my partners ass! He tries to grab the whip too. The dog thinks we are fighting or something. He goes nuts! Very distracting! Luckily when we lock him out the room, he gives up trying to "protect" my partner from the evil lady! Also had occasions of him sitting next to the bed whining and staring during sex. He gets kicked right out the room! Weird (But usually adorable) dog!

Our dog sleeps under our bed but if we kept her out of the room she would end up waking our daughter up, so the occasional bit of heavy breathing from under the bed when my wife and I have sex is the lesser of two evils