My progress since joining the forums

Just out of interest I have just looked back through my posts since joining the forums.

I started off nervous with no confidence and some long standing body issues. I was asking questions and received wonderful advice with no judgement. I got honest (sometimes too honest) answers which helped me on my LH journey.

As time has gone on I have grown in confidence, have many outfits that I wouldn't have dreamed of wearing before, and yes, I am sorry, but I have uploaded a good few pictures of me wearing said outfits - you only have yourselves to blame!!!

I have also bought toys I didn't even know I was interested in, and had lots of fun using them.

But best of all, I have been able to help other people who are in the same position I once was.

Looking back through your own posts, how do you think you have 'evolved' since joining the forums?

Xxxx

I love seeing your photos LNT!

Since joining only a few months ago I have found I am a bit less nervous, can talk about sex without blushing and the best part is my sex life is sooooo much better. I have things I never thought I would, toys, lingerie and even beginners bondage! Did I ever think I would wear a butt plug in my life? Nope. Glass dildos? Nope.

Had I not found all you fabulous folk I would still be doing the sane old boring romps with my husband feeling bored and frustrated. I feel so much more confident sexually and starting to with my appearance too. I have uploaded a boob photo and a bum photo. For me that's progress!

Previously in particular with my hobby forums they were all male dominated and the language was let's say different and in certain circumstances could be deemed as being sexist. Male humour and banter is also very different than that of female and what may be banter to a guy can be seen as insulting to a lady.

So joining a forum that is female dominated has been a steady learning curve in having to be careful that posts didn't come across as being sexist even if there was no intention there. Some of my earlier postings were perhaps dodgy and had to grab my tin hat on a couple of occasions!

But all good now.

mysteron wrote:

Previously in particular with my hobby forums they were all male dominated and the language was let's say different and in certain circumstances could be deemed as being sexist. Male humour and banter is also very different than that of female and what may be banter to a guy can be seen as insulting to a lady.

So joining a forum that is female dominated has been a steady learning curve in having to be careful that posts didn't come across as being sexist even if there was no intention there. Some of my earlier postings were perhaps dodgy and had to grab my tin hat on a couple of occasions!

But all good now.

Interesting - so has this carried through to everyday life too Mysteron? Xx

RosyCheek wrote:

I love seeing your photos LNT!

Since joining only a few months ago I have found I am a bit less nervous, can talk about sex without blushing and the best part is my sex life is sooooo much better. I have things I never thought I would, toys, lingerie and even beginners bondage! Did I ever think I would wear a butt plug in my life? Nope. Glass dildos? Nope.

Had I not found all you fabulous folk I would still be doing the sane old boring romps with my husband feeling bored and frustrated. I feel so much more confident sexually and starting to with my appearance too. I have uploaded a boob photo and a bum photo. For me that's progress!

Thank you xx

I think that's all great RosyCheek - and long may it continue xxxx

Since joining I feel I have learnt so much about myself and wife even finding we both like a lot more than we thought the best thing I find is going through the yum or ew or yes no games I have found out a lot of unexpected things by playing that game with the wife reading through people suggestions and it has made conversations about new things to try so much easier and opened our minds a massive amount so love everything about the forums for this

My own personal experiences have changed, progressed, in some areas, most obviously bondage. But in terms of my posts and my aproach/style, I think this is pretty much the same. Brutally honest, sympathetic but practical. I guess that's just who I am. I have offered quite a lot about myself on here, perhapse more that would be advisable, but I operate a sample system, "you can ask me anything as long as your prepaired for an honest answer", if your not don't ask me.

Great way to be fun Louise

Alicia4Ever wrote:

I finally feel confident as Alicia, it's taken far too long, I still get bad moments, but I'm getting there. And have made better conections with people on here than I have off line, even family. And now my hair has grown a bit longer I feel ok to go without the wig. All thanks to all you lovely people.

Sorry I know this is a little off topic, I just wanted to say your new profile picture is absolutely gorgeous! I know we haven't interacted much but it's been wonderful watching your confidence as Alicia grow during your time here :)

1 Like

Alicia4Ever wrote:

I finally feel confident as Alicia, it's taken far too long, I still get bad moments, but I'm getting there. And have made better conections with people on here than I have off line, even family. And now my hair has grown a bit longer I feel ok to go without the wig. All thanks to all you lovely people.

I second what is written above.....YOU ARE GORGEOUS !! And don't you ever forget it 😘

I've learned to keep my trap shut on occasion......and although I'm sure you all realise that I'm not a shy person in any shape or form, I do feel that I can be myself completely on here. In most walks of life people judge me. I don't let it bother me in the slightest, I never have but it's nice that I'm not judged on here....thank you everyone xx

2 Likes

Alicia I must say you look amazing! Love your hair, it looks so soft and I just want to touch it 😄

My progress since I have joined the forum is that I feel less body conscious even though I have some extra weight. I have also realized that I really like to post pictures of myself.

As regards to writing on the forum, I have more knowledge now to be able to post on more threads. I also feel more confident in posting in English now and I find this is a great place to get some practice :)

I think I have found some great friends on here and definitely love the place. I appreachiate everyones contribution and think we all are a great mix of people :)

1 Like

Alicia love your new avi :)

I like how open and honest everyone is on the forum, for the most part people are free to air their views without judgement. I have learnt a lot from reading the posts of other forum members. Including things I never knew existed!

1 Like

The change in you Alicia in the few months I have been here is amazing. You have truly blossomed and broken out of your shell. You are a totally new person and it is wonderful.

1 Like

Just want to jump in and say - Alicia your new avi is awesome!!!!

I have to agree with what's already been said, you have shared so much of your journey to being Alicia, and I for one wouldn't want you any other way!!! Xxxx

It is my honest opinion that everyone had the right to be and do what they want to make them happy as long as it dosent hurt anyone else. Alicia, people defeat me a lot of the time. You are you ! It dosent matter if you're bi, trans.......or even if you have 2 heads, you're YOU and that's what's important......and why we love you 😘 xx

I second that you are who you are no one or nothing else matters enjoy who you are and take what you want

Alecia - loving your new ago, I showed hubby and he said she's pretty, and you certainly are. You look so young too.

It's been incredible watching you grow as a person on here. You're so loved by all our Lovehoney family hunni 😙 The journey you've been on since I first saw you posts incredible. You have came so far and you're right 'the journeys only just began'😄 😙💜xx

LNT - it's been brilliant seeing your new found confidence since joining. From being that shy lass who would never of dreamed of posting pics, to coming right out of your shell with great outfits and absolutely stunning pictures they're gorgeous hunni 😙💜xx

Rosy - it's fantastic how much you've came on and learnt about your likes and dislikes. It's lovely seeing you grow in confidence and being more confident talking about sex and acting out more sexual activities hunni 😙💜xx

Since joining I've learnt alot about myself. My confidence has grown massivly. I've found I enjoy things I never imagined I would. I feel much more confident especially wearing Lovehoneys sublime lingere every night. I've learnt so much about sex and it's awesome being able to talk openly about sex on here, nobody judges and we're a big happy family 💜

I am an open book, and tell things as they are. It's fantastic that I can do so here as so much I get off my chest which I couldn't possibly do in 'real life'. I try to contribute and help people as much as possible and enjoy doing so. I love everyone on here and feel I've got real friends in here who could be friends for life (I hope 😄.) 💜xx

So glad everyone has grown in confidence and learnt lots about themselves since joining 💜xx

This is so lovely to read.

Although ive been on here for many years i went off sex a while after having a baby. Everyone on here was so helpful and supportive. I dont think i would still have my partner by my side if i hadnt joined..its spiced up our sex life like you wouldnt believe.

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Just out of interest I have just looked back through my posts since joining the forums.

I started off nervous with no confidence and some long standing body issues. I was asking questions and received wonderful advice with no judgement. I got honest (sometimes too honest) answers which helped me on my LH journey.

As time has gone on I have grown in confidence, have many outfits that I wouldn't have dreamed of wearing before, and yes, I am sorry, but I have uploaded a good few pictures of me wearing said outfits - you only have yourselves to blame!!!

I have also bought toys I didn't even know I was interested in, and had lots of fun using them.

But best of all, I have been able to help other people who are in the same position I once was.

Looking back through your own posts, how do you think you have 'evolved' since joining the forums?

Xxxx

Your photos are all very beautiful LNT, I guess I'm fortunate I'm more than happy with my physical appearance & have been for most my life, my teenage years were difficult due to teenage acne, that's really all that's been difficult to deal with.  We are enjoying new things thanks to the wonderful help people give on here by way of reviewing products & it has been educational.

I'm still finding my feet on the forums and trying to push the boat out and get involved more. But I love reading the advise available and seeing just how supportive and friendly people are. I think I sometimes hold back because I don't feel like there is much I can offer with the already fantastic support available.