My Reviews

by @Mint-Monster , 02/07/2020
Lovehoney Sensual Glass Glow-in-the-Dark Dildo

To the Moon and Back

When I learnt I was going to receive a glow in the dark glass dildo from the ever generous Lovehoney to test, I expected something overall greenish opaque similar to my silicone one. However, what I received was truly out of this world! The adorable crescent moon on top gives me serious Sailor Moon vibes and the general shape/size is not intimidating. The glass body is flawless and that beautiful internal whirlwind of stars will leave you spellbound. Another plus is that it comes with its own velvet storage bag.

Even though the glow-in-the-dark flecks look gorgeous by themselves in normal light, it’s the darkness that really sets this worlds apart from other toys. The flecks give off a lovely green glow - it makes me feel like a goddess holding a tiny emerald galaxy (albeit a phallic-shaped one). Twirling it around is quite mesmerising, to say the least. It also lights up against your body when it’s close, giving it a haunting hue. This is quite the show if you have a lucky viewer or just enjoy watching yourself. For glow-in-the-dark items to really shine, they require light to charge the particles. Leaving it to lie on my window sill before using it really made the colours pop under the sheets. When I didn’t put it near light and used it, it still had a decent glow - just not as dazzling.

This being a fancy glass toy allows you to experiment with temperature play. I only like my toys warm, so it was easy for me to simply put it in a sink full of hot water for a few minutes while I got prepared for playtime. It warms up nicely with the water and even with my own body heat. Another thing about glass is the obvious weight. I personally love this as it gives the thrusts an extra oomph factor. However, this paired with the rigidity of glass can feel uncomfortable depending on your position or thrust power. I didn’t have any issues with it other than slightly grazing my cervix during deep thrusts (not in a painful way, though).

You can use any lubricant you want with glass, but I prefer water-based lube and my own natural lube with it. A small amount goes a long way and helps it really glide. After use, it was super easy to clean with some toy cleaner. The only tricky area is the tight gap where the moon is attached to the base. Extra caution is needed with wet glass since it can get slippery and I would never want to drop such a lovely specimen as this. I then leave it to air-dry on a paper towel for a while. Because of the round base, it does have the tendency to roll a bit. A good tip is that it usually rolls until the back curve of the crescent is facing the flat surface it’s on; so if you put it that way to begin with, it shouldn’t roll around too much.

I usually don’t enjoy straight rigid toys, so I’m surprised this one brought me to my knees. The bumps that make up the shaft are quite stimulating (especially between the two bigger ones). They even feel nice to tease with or run along your body. My go-to is to build up slowly with the first two bumps before taking the last one in - magic! The added oomph from the weight of the glass can make this an ace thruster, even with minor hand movements. Not only that, but the inner base kisses against my external area for bonus stimulation. Even without a clit vibe, I can climax quite easily with this toy alone. Things like length and girth didn’t really register to me because I was wholly satisfied with this galactic gem. I mainly go for larger toys, but there is always a special exception, isn’t there?

Despite it having an odd lunar handle, it is easy to hold and control during use. For one, just putting a finger on either side of the crescent and doing a “come hither” motion created quick, shallow thrusts. This works especially well when I’m laying on my front and not using a clit vibe. When I’m laying on my back, I grab it by the crescent tip and thrust that way. This would sometimes make it hit at more of an angle, but I think that’s what I liked about it. Using it this way kept my hand way out of the way from my clit vibe hand which was convenient. The weight didn’t tire my arms out either way I held it. Not having a huge base also enables you to basically use a clit vibe of your choice without anything feeling in the way. Because of the rigid glass material, using a rigid clit vibe was still very doable, but there were a few mini pinches here and there so using a softer vibe is probably better for added comfort. My favourite combination was with my soft ‘n’ squishy Tracey Cox Wand. One word: Nirvana.

Overall, this is an astonishing astral wonder. There’s not much I can really fault it on. It feels as good as it looks - heavenly inside and out. Plus, watching yourself play in the dark is very sensual and fun. If you enjoy the classic traits of glass, then it’s sure to make you see stars.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Pros: Looks beautiful. Glow power. Stimulating shaft. Control. Easy to clean. Storage bag.

Cons: Slippery when wet. Can sometimes roll around on flat surfaces.

Bottom Line: Turn off the lights and turn on the magic!

5 Likes