Nail polish - chit chat

@PleasureDrone thank you do much. Yes newly painted with Essie exotic liras. Easy to get a smooth result as its quite thick. I have tiny feet. Size 2.5 :foot::foot:

2 Likes

Ahh right. I thought they were just far away… :wink:

2 Likes

@PleasureDrone you are brilliant :joy::joy: that is the best comment ever. It reminds me of an episode of father ted…

1 Like

That colour is gorgeous on you @PleasureDrone :heart_eyes: I’m a huge fan of blues/greens.

Also have to agree, you’ve got very cute feet @Mrs.John, polish looks perfect :footprints:

2 Likes

Loving your 2-tone grey, @Ace12345 (I’m going to call it grey and silver :wink:). The shiny one really does look like metal. Kinda 1960s space age! :rocket:

1 Like

@Ace12345: good work for a workshop. I prefer the shiny. Dull is just … dull and you shine

3 Likes

Oooh loving that combo @glitterismyfavouritecolour :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me too. Very impressive! :sunglasses:

Link to photo thread: https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/nail-polish/260445/94

Is the Essie basically a clearcoat with glitter in, then?

1 Like

Yep, except it seems to have a lot more glitter than normal glitter polishes!

3 Likes

Interesting… might have to hunt it down. What’s the name of that particular Essie shade?

Love the nails @Goth_Girl - looks very decent for someone who says they don’t paint often! In response to your question here, I think my main top tips (although I’m no professional) would be:

• File nails so they’re smooth, any edges are more likely to chip
  • Non oily nails as a starting point (I tend to wipe with a bit of nail polish remover before starting)
  • Base coat (although I tend to only use if it’s a colour that is likely to transfer to be honest)
  • Leave at least 2 mins between each coat (that includes coats of the colour polish)
  • Quality of the colour polish is quite important - Essie and OPI and my personal faves but everyone will have ones that work for them). Also paint the tips with the colour polish as this helps prevent chipping
  • A good top coat (I like seche vite) and again, go over the tip of your nail with it

As I said, I’m definitely not profesh but this is what works for me :ok_hand:t2:

6 Likes

I can only agree with @SexInTheCity and second her excellent advice. Nothing at all wrong with your application skills, @Goth_Girl. Your nails are a lovely shape too - I’m envious! That little bit of overspill on your cuticles will disappear with bathing/handwashing. Let us know how you get on! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Love the creativity @Cupc8kes ! The red with little hearts are my favourite.

And absolutely gorgeous colour @Kinkypup - Love that denim/pink holographic gel. I still haven’t tried gels but they look amazing when done well like that.

4 Likes

I love your black and yellow design @Cupc8kes, the distressed black on top of yellow is mega. How did you do that?

2 Likes

@afrodan that one was actually super easy as the nail varnish cracks itself once placed over the base coat.
It’s so thick and clumpy though, I used your trick and put a little remover in.

@Peitho thanks :heart:

1 Like

@Peitho Awwww that put a smile on my face when you said they were done well :blush: thank you so much!

I love gels so much, they’ve allowed me to grow my nails since it’s completely stopped my nail biting (though they are fairly short right now) and my nails break so much less with the hard coating on them!

First time trying this colour and I really like it, also my first time trying water decals!

2 Likes

@Kinkypup I have a huge selection of gel nails and I do love them, however the trouble seems to come with taking them off.

I feel like I end up weakening my actual nails.
How do you do it?

Also your nails look fab!!

2 Likes

@Cupc8kes thank you so much!

Removing them is definitely time consuming and frustrating at times! I usually soak a bit of cotton wool/cotton pad in 100% acetone then place it on my nail and wrap with tin foil and wait for 15ish mins. Although I do get impatient more often than not and lightly scrape the softer surface bits off and apply more acetone to the cotton then cover them back up.

Although lately I’ve been trying out the gel nail clips which clip around cotton on your finger. They are really easy to do since there’s no cutting tinfoil etc, but it’s nowhere near as good as the foil method since the acetone just evaporates. I have tried just soaking my fingers in acetone but I’m not a fan of that method either.

I think the key is patience so the acetone can do it’s job and we aren’t damaging our nails underneath when it’s not quite ready, but that’s much easier said than done!

1 Like

Me too. It’s really cute! :heart:

@Kinkypup - they look gorgeous. I mean… WOW! :star_struck:

2 Likes

@Cupc8kes : Middle fingers - reminds me of rhubarb and custard sweets

1 Like