Ordering a vibrator while living with parents

I want to buy a vibrator online however I live with my parents. I know the vibrator will come discreetly with plain packaging and without their shop name etc.

The only problem is, every time I get packages through (which isn't often), I always open them infront of my mum because she's nosey. If I go and open it in private, it will make her suspicious as I normally open stuff infront of her.

If she comes up and asks why I'm hiding the package, what can I say?

Any chance you could have it delivered to a different address??

I had the same problem with my mum,though it wasn't a vibrator,it was a motorbike jacket and she would of been furious if she'd known that my BF had a motorbike (death trap etc).I had a really good friend who let me have it delivered to her house.

If thats possible you could then just pop the vibe in ya bag and you are spared the blushes!

Plus i'll give it some thought today to see if i can think of some excuses! LOL ;)

Catnip wrote:

Any chance you could have it delivered to a different address??

I had the same problem with my mum,though it wasn't a vibrator,it was a motorbike jacket and she would of been furious if she'd known that my BF had a motorbike (death trap etc).I had a really good friend who let me have it delivered to her house.

If thats possible you could then just pop the vibe in ya bag and you are spared the blushes!

Plus i'll give it some thought today to see if i can think of some excuses! LOL ;)

I really like the idea of getting something delivered to someone else's house. You can always unwrap it there and then place the vibrator in your handbag and just bring it home like that. :-) Xx

Delivered to someone you trust's house is a good idea - or you can say the parcel is a gift/surprise/none of their business (the latter might be a bit harsh!).

We do have Choose Your Delivery Day which costs more, but means you can select a day for your parcel to arrive and it'll come before 1pm. Perhaps you could schedule the delivery for when your parents are at work but you're in (or hope it goes back to the sorting office where you can collect and conceal it!)

if delivery to another adress isnt good for you, then you can always say its a present for her, especially if her bday is near by xx

I would either get it delivered to another address or you could be sneaky and pay an extra few quick and get it gift wrapped and maybe 'addressed' to a friend's name to your address. Then when it arrives, pop it in your bedroom and say it's for a mate or work mate, it's their birthday etc. That way you can unwrap in your bedroom and they'd be none-the-wiser

Tell her it's her MOTHER'S DAY gift and it has arrived early!!!!!

Figure8 wrote:

Never underestimate the observational powers of a Mother... Come Mothers day she might turn round and ask where her new Rabbit is!

LOL I can imagine that now..............'darling, what's this tiny package, you told me that 2 foot long parcel was my pressie'

sanda wrote:

Figure8 wrote:

Never underestimate the observational powers of a Mother... Come Mothers day she might turn round and ask where her new Rabbit is!

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Could you have it delivered to work perhaps if you do work? xx

Just tell her if she wants to try it she'll have to get her own!

(Sorry, not very helpful)

There was a discussion a while back about My ByBox, where you can have it delivered to a collection point nearby, and then pick it up at your own convenience. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/419272-my-bybox/

If there's a point near to you, you could use that and just pick it up when you're alone.

Eek, I just went and bought it. It should of been dispatched today, I'm bricking it! :P

Lol it'll be fine kimmy! enjoy ya new toy hun!!

Enjoy...

you could just open it in front of your Mum, smile sweetly and say 'See you in an hour'. Chances are she'll stop being so nosey and everything else you order (cos you will order more) can be opened in private...

Kimmy - get it delivered to my house. I'll deliver it for you!!! ;)

(only kidding that sounds really cheesy!!!!)

Okay so I got my toy, all went fine. :) Used it twice and it's great, it's loud though so I have to play music to cover up the noise. I don't want my mum to hear the vibrations through the ceiling. ;)

For anyone who is wondering, I got a bullet vibrator.

Oh which one did you get? Some can be noisy, but some are decently quiet that a duvet over you when playing ensures noone hears it

xKimmyx wrote:

I want to buy a vibrator online however I live with my parents. I know the vibrator will come discreetly with plain packaging and without their shop name etc.

The only problem is, every time I get packages through (which isn't often), I always open them infront of my mum because she's nosey. If I go and open it in private, it will make her suspicious as I normally open stuff infront of her.

If she comes up and asks why I'm hiding the package, what can I say?

I've always ordered by special delivery you chose the date, and gets delivered by one, when (hoping your parents be out)!

I've never been caught with a lovehoney package yet....

but I never been in control of paracelforce packages, like I been caught once by my dad, but as model rocket goes being caught with explosive powder propellant for model rocketry, is not bad!

But sometimes I can walk passed my dad with a brown paracel and he will not notice!

And he never opens them! but he did find one by the back door from paracelforce and wonder whats in it, but I told him its some workshop tools!

But another paracel, trick is to beat you parent to the front door and put up the delivery notice, if they put it by the back door, some parent do go to the toilet as soon as they in the house, you quickly go to the backdoor and collect and hide it somewhere so you can take it to you room!!

A good tip is, if you got nosey parents, If they do come in you room or search you room when you out some parents do....

I recommend building a hidden stash!!! there is advice on the internet, two good one for small things like vibrators, is to make a compartment in the bedroom door along the top! as most door are hollow, and the next one is a false bottom draw! and fasle backing in a wardrobe. and to remember to add padding etc! there are some really goods out but good DIY skill are recommended!