✨ New Emojis?

I can’t get my head around the Internet and why people go out of their way to be critical or cruel if something is not to their taste? Surely it takes less time and energy to just scroll by in silence?

5 Likes

As an interesting extra, there’s been a change to count all Reactions as Likes in terms of badges and behind the scenes metrics. I don’t think it’ll make too much difference to us, but I thought it worth noting. :memo: [1]

I like having a selection, even if some are used only rarely. I do think ‘positive only’ is the best approach, though in some cases even ones like :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: can be used to agree with the content of what someone has written rather than a judgement against it (I’m not advocating for that particular one, just an example :slight_smile:).

As a lot can be context dependent, I think there should also be stricter sanctions for people who use them to troll people. I don’t see it as any different to leaving a shitty comment.

1. There is also a setting to deliberately not include specific ones as Likes, but I’m not sure we need it ↩︎

1 Like

Great to see an emoji review, I never really understood the meaning of :gimp: to me it always seemed quite rude, but maybe thats just my interpretation of it.
I agree with @Peitho’s list of emojis, I don’t think we need any others to replace them or to be added on.

3 Likes

Looks like the general consensus is to remove have a smaller selection :slight_smile: I’ve removed the least used emojis - if we find we are missing a reaction we can look to add new ones in the future! :smiley:

8 Likes

As long as the one’s that can be used in a negative way go, i am happy with the rest.

2 Likes

Oh no the :100: has gone! I thought this was used a lot when members agreed with a post :man_shrugging:t3: how do you start a poll to bring it back? :joy: Does anyone agree? :wink:

4 Likes

:100: agree and would vote :grin:

3 Likes

I liked the :100: as well. I don’t think the :+1: is the same. To me, :100: meant ‘strongly agree’, whereas the :+1: is more ‘yup’.

5 Likes