New here and really need some advice

Welcome @Duck_Duck_Loose ! I do feel your pain as I often lament to the forum of my wife’s lack of sexual interest and my extreme desire. Other than some masturbation I have never came close to wanting to leave my OH as she is my world and the mom of 2 kids I love dearly!

This forum team are the best and recommend snooping around a bit. There is a lot of helpful ideas and techniques forwarded here that I have never heard of. Hang in there as you are already on the right track!

1 Like

Hi and welcome! As others have said, please don’t feel ashamed. Reaching out for help is the right thing and there looks to be lots of good advice here

1 Like

Hi there @Duck_Duck_Loose
Rest assured, you are not alone; I’m in my forties and have also been “meh” about sex… low drive, and it seems pretty pointless at times. It’s something I’m working on (got a growing collection of little buzzies to help) and my other half doesn’t push. A bit of gentle encouragement is nice, whether that’s from him or from the forum, so hopefully you can tackle this along with me and the others that relate to what you’ve said/are experiencing. X

3 Likes

Hi @Duck_Duck_Loose and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Communication is so important in a relationship - if you are finding it hard to talk about things - perhaps you could write a letter to your Husband and tell him how you feel about certain things. He could then maybe write back to you - it may sound odd but if it is too difficult to talk then writing things down could really help xx

1 Like

@Duck_Duck_Loose there’s been loads of great advice given and nothing I can think to add but hello and welcome :relaxed:
Oh and 32 I’d not over the hill. I’m 36 and still consider myself as young!! :blush:

1 Like

I can’t thank everyone enough for all the advice. Just to add a little more but I’m not on any medication (including birth control) and at this time nothing medically diagnosed which could be causing this. The husband knows about how I feel to and it committed to working with me to fix it.

I’m sorry to hear others are or have been through similar times, I hope I and others can work through it and come out the other side enjoying sex.

1 Like

Hi @Duck_Duck_Loose

Welcome aboard :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully you can pick up some small things from other members which may help you on your journey.

Do you feel the same about sex toys too?
How does it make you feel when you talk about sex, is it embarrassing?
How would you like to see your sex life in future - do you have any fantasies at all?

Just the simplest thing of ‘normalising’ sex may help you get rid of some negative thoughts.
Discuss it more with your hubby, what you’d love to do or try, have sex toys lying around and even some for him, get him using them too.
How does he respond if you initiate something sexual and how does that make you feel?
Do you feel desired.

Sorry for all the questions - just want to understand more of your situation and how you’re feeling x

@Duck_Duck_Loose
No spring chicken at 32 lol. There is plenty of time ahead of you to learn about what works for you both. It sounds like you are both working together which is a great start.
I’m 50 and still learning and experimenting with my partner. My advice would be to not put pressure on yourselves to reach your sexual nirvana. The more relaxed you are the easier it will become. So take time, enjoy and experiment with foreplay as much as pure intercourse.
And have fun.

1 Like