New swim wear?

I'm looking to get my oh a new bikini with a twist for holiday, I'm after one that looks normal but as soon as it gets wet it will go see through. Any ideas?

Try halcyon blue.

Not what youre looking for but buy a normal one, get it soaking wet with chlorinated water then leave it to dry.

happened to my mum when we were kids. She didnt wash her swimsuit after swimming and when we went on holiday she put it on and it had gone see through in large patches. Was hilarious for us.

Im not sure where you would be able to buy a bikini like you describe. Would have to be online i would guess. Cheap thin white ones tend to be a bit revealing. Im not sure they would be marketting one that does it on purpose though as i cant personally see a large market for it. Have you tried google?

AsYouWish! wrote:

Try halcyon blue.

Well i never. It seems this site does make what your after, but i suppose its down to colour choice. They seem to make them unlined so they will go see through (you can get the same effect from cheap, thinly made bikinis).

I suppose its hit and miss though as to how see through they go!

Yeah I thought about a think white one but I'm after something a bit less obvious, so she doesn't even notice what's happening :) I'll have a look for halcyon blue.

Are you 100% sure she would be ok with it? I think its ok if shes up for it and youre on a nudist beach type place, but if you were in a pool where you have to be covered then she might not appreciate it if she gets out of the pool and exposes herself to any kids who are around.

Her not knowing isn't a good idea, you could set her up for humiliation, and she could even be asked to leave. It's very disrespectful to do this to your wife without permission

JM88 wrote:

Are you 100% sure she would be ok with it? I think its ok if shes up for it and youre on a nudist beach type place, but if you were in a pool where you have to be covered then she might not appreciate it if she gets out of the pool and exposes herself to any kids who are around.

+1 cant say id be to happy with this x

It would only be used on a quite/private beach not a public swimming pool

matt7c wrote:

Yeah I thought about a think white one but I'm after something a bit less obvious, so she doesn't even notice what's happening :) I'll have a look for halcyon blue.

This is definitely not a good thing to do, unless you want to risk ruining her trust in you completely. 

Consent is everything. I would be mortified if someone took advantage of me in this way. 

LibraLover wrote:

Her not knowing isn't a good idea, you could set her up for humiliation, and she could even be asked to leave. It's very disrespectful to do this to your wife without permission

+10000000

Totally agree that this would be humiliating if she were not to know.
I just remember when my friends swim trunks went see through at a school swimming lesson, he never did live it down.

I can't imagine someone wearing a white bikini without suspecting that it might go see through. The halcyon blue ones are really skimpy so it would be entirely conscious exhibitionism!

AsYouWish! wrote:

I can't imagine someone wearing a white bikini without suspecting that it might go see through. The halcyon blue ones are really skimpy so it would be entirely conscious exhibitionism!

I had a look on their site and a lot of the bikinis arent really skimpy! The only difference as they state is that some of them dont have an extra lining so go see through when they are wet.

Granted some of them like the thong ones are skimpy, but the op could buy a bikini that looks completely normal until his wife wears it in the water and gets a possibly nasty suprise!

They are really thin and you would know. They are for people who want people to be able to see!

AsYouWish! wrote:

They are really thin and you would know. They are for people who want people to be able to see

Regardless, I still think it would be a terrible thing to do someone without clearly explaining how it works and getting their explicit consent. I think when it has the potential to completely humiliate someone (even if the beach is quiet, she could still feel mortified) the onus is on YOU to be clear about it and get their consent, not on the other person to figure it out.

Wicked weasel or Malibu strings do them. But I know if I done that to my missus without her knowing I would not live to tell the tale.

Agree with those above who said not to do it without her knowing exactly what would happen - if my partner did this to me he'd finish the trip ball-less.

Just wanted to say it might be best to tell her first. As I would be extremely upset if my partner did this to me without my knowledge.

I think we are all agreed. Tell her.