New to all things anal

Hey all, looking for help and tips! Im new to anal and anal toys, i have a prostate massager cock ring coming and have a beginners plug. The beginner plug on first insertion went in no issue but slid right in so had to push it back out :flushed::flushed: the diameter of the plug is not big at all but my question is whats best? Metal or silicone? What size did you start with? As much suggestions and advice would be great!! Thank you all.

3 Likes

Thanks, i have a not so soft T shape with a smallish head on it to start with. Thanks for the tips to get a rough diameter, i possibly used a bit much anal lube when inserting the plug and thats why ma fat ass swallowed it whole! Seems to be sitting okay now but will see what happens and cant wait for my cock ring to arrive :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’d highly recommend glass. I’m not sure if LH sell small glass ones anymore but it’s worth a look. I’d advise a t-bar base too.

3 Likes

Sorry, am I understanding correctly you lost a T-bar plug up you? :astonished: I always recommend the T-bar shape for precisely the reason I thought they were the safest and least likely to get “swallowed”. The whole point of the T-bar is to give an extremely secure anchor. If your first plug is one from LH can I ask which it is as this is concerning.

I think for sizing @alwayskinky 's advice is great. Too small tend to not stay put but you need a size you are comfortable with.

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what happened!! In fairness i think i had plenty lube and maybe just too relaxed and I certainly enjoyed it and pushing back out! No it wasn’t LH plug but this is the exact same BASICS Triple Butt Plug Training Set - Lovehoney UK

Open to trying new things an anal felt right!!

I had thought about glass ones an possibly even a smallish glass dildo especially for temperature play!

2 Likes

Hey dude :slightly_smiling_face: many will defo say metal is the best to go with and to have a plug with a T bar base as that’s then less likely to accidentally go all in. Also a thick neck between the base and plug is good too from my experience.
The first plug I tried was 5” circumference and took me a few attempts to get used to so would recommend maybe 3-4” is ideal for a beginner…

5 Likes

Personally I was used to anal sex in my teens but when I got with my wife I missed it so started do a bit of anal play, as it had been quite a while since I’d had something up there I bought a silicone plug starter kit, made sure it had good flared bases as didnt want an embarrassing trip to A&E, the smaller plugs were easy and it didnt take long for my arse to go back to it’s bad old ways and take the bigger plugs.
When I look for plugs now I do prefer metal or glass over silicone, strangely they’re more comfortable than silicone to wear. Another definite is as flared as base as you can get and obviously plenty of lube.
One thing I like most about glass plugs is they always have wider necks than metal or silicone so when they’re in they hold you open in a more satisfying way. That being said if you want to be held open during anal play then a good set of gradually bigger dildos is a must. XxX

3 Likes

Ive always preferred silicone because its soft and bendable so it can be worn all day and you can move around freely. The size depends on your experience using anal toys- my ass was always hunrgy so my go to was the Red Boy medium butt plug which is my starter plug for any anal play now !
Ive found that i enjoy the square or T-bar bases as they’re a lot more comfy and dont dig in to your butt cheeks if you wear them for a long time.
The longest ive had one in was about 12 hours and it was a nice snug fit.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome and enjoy your anal adventure. Anything less than a 3.75 inch diameter is too small for me stay in. I also prefer butt plugs at least 4 inches inertable and with a mind relaxing wide large base to stop unwanted crazy full insertion and dissaperance!

I have a hard plastic andros prograsm.

I have a Lovehoney (LH) glass butt plug. I think it’s 4.5 inches circumference and about 4-4.5 inches insertable length and it stays in fine and works well.

I also have a medium sized jiggle silicone LH butt plug. Roughly same length and circumference as above glass plug. It works very well. My wife prefers wearing the softer silicone one to a metal one we have. I get a bit worried with the silicone one as you can squeeze and push inwards the base but touch wood it’s never ventured far into me past the point which is handy! :slight_smile:

1 Like