New to the D đź’¦

Hi everyone, this is going to be my first time buying a dildo and I was just wondering if anyone had any reccommendations or any tips.

3 Likes

Oh that’s a very very personal decision. You need to ask yourself what type. Vibrating or not? Realistic? Size? Girth? Patterned/coloured? Suction base? Is it for anal or vaginally? Solo or couple play?
It’s a very personal choice. Mine is patterned but moulded realistically. It’s 7 inches and an average girth. I want upgrade this soon but that was my starting point.

3 Likes

I agree with @Kh1985, it’s very personal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I just started getting toys a few months ago and have amassed an enormous selection of different types :sweat_smile: I have non-realistic and realistic, girthy and slim, vibrating and non :woman_shrugging: Might be worth getting a few to see what you like and if you don’t get on with any of them lovehoney does a great “sexual happiness toy promise” where you can return used toys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hi, there is so much choice it is difficult to give you a definite answer. I think you should not go too big so I think one such as
Lovehoney Realistic Slimline Silicone Suction Cup Dildo 6 Inch, this is currently in the sale so ÂŁ10. Its not too big which I think is a good thing being your first toy. Alternatively you could go for a bullet /wand. Where vibration is important. LH have a great selection of these as well.

1 Like

This is a very personal decision but let me tell you about materials. For your first dildo, I recommend silicone. Make sure you don’t get PVC as PVC has pores which is bad for you unless you are willing to use condoms with it. PVC can make you sore down below, degrade faster, change colour, has a weird smell, basically everything you don’t want. Silicone is typically more expensive but it’s worth it as it is way more safe than PVC. ONLY use water based lube with silicone as silicone based lube slowly degrades the toy over time. You will also want to store it in a storage bag, which Lovehoney does sell and these protect it from dirt and other toys surrounding it as toys touching can cause a reaction between the materials. There is also metal and glass which is good but not good for first time dildo owners, in my opinion.

I’d suggest the vixen brand dildos as they are softer than other dildos on here. They are a bit more pricey but they are so worth it.

3 Likes

Id say consider what you like in a real penis. Do you like them thick, long, do you struggle to take some of them. If this is your first time, or you prefer slimmer there are lots of slimmer dildos on there. you can filter the circumference and there all have the circumference written in the details.

I personally really like This one, but as others have said, its a very personal choice.

Like @sharbur said, Maybe have a Google of “body safe sex toy materials”. Always good to know about what your buying

2 Likes

The purple version of the one @Green_Eyed_Girl linked is currently 50% off (I just scooped one up) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Here you go :grin:

3 Likes

Slimline glass dildo, not too girth, good for temperature play, either entrance…
Hold a wand / vib to the end and adds a little extra buzz

Every easy to clean,

1 Like

A good lube is always useful, ideally water based ones :wink:

3 Likes

@Green_Eyed_Girl
Couldn’t agree more, all based on personal likes. Above all I will say I stick to the “lifelike” for the most part. I know it can get a little pricey but buy a range based on your feeling that day as it’s nice to have options. The lifelike lover 9” is probably my favorite all around. Thick but not too thick and enough length for the shower or tub. Also has a really good suction cup base which is probably my biggest consistent complaint. Definitely a daily user.

As far as the non daily user must have, definitely the Shane Diesel vibrating dildo. The vibration is not super strong like I’d like but it helps with the initial fit. The molding and feel of the veins and head absolutely takes the pleasure to another level. It’s a bit of work at first but once you get going you won’t want to take it out.

4 Likes

Thank you for the help and advice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

Thank you for the advice :heart:

1 Like