New Toys, Big Disappointment

I managed to purchase some toys for my girlfriend and I to use. Both cheap purchases as we are on a budget. The vibrator was excellent and gets well used. The handcuffs were a real disappointment, frequently coming open in play. I did want to get a ball gag next (for myself ;-) ) Now my dilemma. Do I buy different ones or keep using items of clothing to tie my girlfriend up?

If the handcuffs are faulty then send them back . You will get them replaced . Or is it a case of just catching the quick release button ?

mysteron wrote:

If the handcuffs are faulty then send them back . You will get them replaced . Or is it a case of just catching the quick release button ?

+1 couldnt agree more with mysterons excellent advice 💟xx

dmaccd2 wrote:

I managed to purchase some toys for my girlfriend and I to use. Both cheap purchases as we are on a budget. The vibrator was excellent and gets well used. The handcuffs were a real disappointment, frequently coming open in play. I did want to get a ball gag next (for myself ;-) ) Now my dilemma. Do I buy different ones or keep using items of clothing to tie my girlfriend up?

If you want a good Ball Gag, I can recommend the Bondage Boutique black rose pleasure ball gag. I have reviewed this, and it is now my gag of choice, having used cloth gags previously. Try it you won't be disappointed.

You can either send them back for a replacement or an exchange :)

Which ones did you get?

If you have no joy with cuffs, try some bondage tape - simple, effective and versatile

Sum Sub wrote:

If you have no joy with cuffs, try some bondage tape - simple, effective and versatile

This. Also, as was said above, if it's a case of them being faulty, send back for an exchange. You can exchange them for something else and just pay the difference. We have lots of restraint gear, but for cuffs I def recommend these :) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32521

Thanks for the advice. I will send them back and thanks Sex Squid, I do like the look of those!

I agree with Sum Sub with the bondage tape. As beginners in the world of restraints we used it. It holds tightly but you know if you try hard enough you can wiggle free. Its also in the 3 for £10 offer.

I think it's always a good idea to try several cheaper products first to find out what you like together. Handcuffs are great but you do want a more expensive pair to get the real thrills out of them. We've tried bondage tape and I really liked it, wasn't too expensive at all although there are more expensive alternatives.

I think you should give some more expensive handcuffs a try if cheaper ones were not working properly for you. I personally want to try something like this next http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30760 (thought not this exact one as I'm not a fan of the material used) for restrains but there are so many different types out there that you really aren't limited to handcuffs. Even ties can be quite nice to use for some softer bondage play.

were they the tease by lovehoney handcuffs by any chance? I had the coming open problem with those ones, due to the way the opening mechanism worked.

Tbh if you send them back for replacement, I think the new ones will only be the same. Maybe send back and exchange and try out some other restraints, maybe some velcro ones, since they shouldn't come undone :)

popk1n they were. I think I will send them back and get something else.