New Wand... Advice please

Hi Everyone, hope your all coping with the current situation sure it's tough for everyone, but we'll get through it...

After a little advice, my wife and I have the old Desire Wand had it years (https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3688) and my god it's good, on both of us but especially the Mrs... but it's started to make a funny noise (prob from over use) so we decided to invest in a new one.....

We've been looking at the new version of the desire toy, but I suggested we ask the LH faithful for their suggestions and advice on which one to get....

Any hints / tips would be greatfully welcome!!

Your link isn't working, do you mean this one?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36881

I'm afraid we didn't own the old Desire one, but Mrs Chimp's favourite rechargeable wand is the Mantric one (and it's got 60% off in Deal of the Day today 👍).

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37966

Hi Ian Yes that’s the one, sorry the link didn’t work...

No worries. 🙂 Hope you find something you like. 👍

Any advice would be welcome guys

I love my lovehoney mains powered deluxe magic wand...best toy I have mindblowing...only used it on myself for solo play but works every time...noisy on full power though... sounds like an industrial sander...🤪 but very powerful. Bought a spare when on deal of the day as I'd be gutted if it died. Check out the reviews...I also bought the rechargeable mantric one yesterday as it was deal of the day as wanted one I could use in the bath / shower...and I am a heavy squirter...💦💦

Totally agree with CurvyJilly34 - we've only just bought it and its chnaged our sex lives. We reviewd it here - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464&reviewid=294221#customer_reviews

Let us know how you get on...

I don’t have that Desire wand unfortunately so can’t directly compare.

What is it you and your wife like about that wand? Is it just the power or is the fact it is rechargeable rather than corded important? Also, how much do you want to spend is important as Wanda can get very pricey

If it is the power, Doxy aren’t going to be beaten. All 3 models have the same power, the difference is in the bodies. I do find the original and die cast more rumblier than the 3 though.

I have the Lovehoney classic wand and although I don’t find it quite as powerful as the Doxy, that is rarely a problem.

Not sure if you wand has patterns or not. The Doxy has 1 pattern option (which you can then change the speed of) but the classic is only solid vibration. If you want/need patterns you might be better off with the Lovehoney Deluxe

If you are looking for a rechargeable/cordless option the Desire and the Mantric get good reviews on the forums (sorry I have got either so can’t comment).

I have used the We-Vibe Wand and that has a lot of power. It is a bit techy and takes a little bit to get used to the controls but definitely a really powerful wand. The Lelo Smart Wands are also really powerful. Been a long time since I’ve used the large (an ex had it) and the medium I’ve only felt in a shop and it is less power than the large. But still both pretty decent.

Thanks for you reply Kelly....

My wife is a power fan! she loves the fact that multiples come one after another, considering she wasn't really a fan of toys until she found this and now can't get enough of it.... She also loves Rumbles... prefers medium constant vibes... so pattern not really important

Not looking to get a mortgage, but happy to invest in a decent quality toy. So £100-150 would be do-able....

Our previous Ann Summers wand recently broke so me and my girlfriend just bit the bullet and invested in this, which only arrived on Monday this week:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28657

We read the reviews and wanted something as powerful as possible. You literally won't find a more powerful wand than this one.

My girlfriend and I have used it three sessions this week already. OMG she literally becomes a quivering, dripping wet orgasmic mess with this! The top power is virtually unbarable (in a good way). She orgasms usually 2-3 times before I even get inside her! Nothing more enjoyable than having sex with her when she's so wet and horny and the wand it the only way to achieve it in this way.

Although it's pretty big, we've found we can still use it on her clit while I'm banging her in lots of differnt positions, so she gets another guaranteed orgasm during sex too!

Highly recommended!

I can’t really recommend anything as such but hope I can help a bit in that I’ve got both the (current) Desire and the LH Classic wands. Personally I’d say that outside of both having wand power they are chalk and cheese. If the main thing you’re after is wand power then the LH one works great but in terms of material, texture, shape, how the vibrations feel (the material seems to alter them a little, idk the science), how you hold the wand and every else I find them totally different. Also, the LH mains one really cannot go past its 15-minute time limit, whereas I find the timings on the Desire more flexible, so if you don’t find yourself done with the wand long before 15 minutes have past, then I’d recommend another rechargeable to avoid that issue, (I don’t know if the guidance is the same for the other mains wands but I suspect that sort of thing is always gonna be worse when playing connected to the mains.) For me, having a strict time limit imposed by electrical safety issues is a major turn-off. As you can possibly tell, I much prefer my Desire wand to the LH one, but that’s more to do with where I fall in terms of preferences than one being objectively better: conversely I bought my friend a LH classic as a gift recently because after she killed her last wand and got a replacement she was lamenting her new wand’s lack of exactly the things I dislike in the LH wand: hard plasticky lump head and ridges. She’s orgasmically happy with the LH classic and it’s her go to, meanwhile mine remains relegated to the role of emergency back up device for when all batteries are dead. So I suggest you think over what about the Desire wand you do/don’t like and try to match this up with a close look at the materials, shapes et cetera of potential replacements because I find this really does alter the experience more than what are probably pretty marginal power gains between different makes. (I realise after writing that your Desire wand may be quite different to mine as I have the current one but I’ve written it now so may as well hope something in there helps you out!) Good luck!

Ps I’m on mobile and for some reason all my line breaks disappear when I post 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Sorry for the text wall!

EightyEightMilesPerHour wrote:

Trying to convince the husband to buy one, they sound amazing.

OMG just buy one, I cannot nor want to remember life before my wands!

EightyEightMiles...... Buy one!! thats why I set this thread up, we're looking for a new one... My wife LOVES LOVES LOVES her wand, we used it on me last night also!!!

Trust me you wont regret it....

Thank you for the post StrwberryBG.... My wife has asked what is the nub like compared to the usual bulbas wands? Shes keen to stay with the Desire as you said the material is great for us

EightyEightMilesPerHour wrote:

Really, are they that good. I must say all the reviews are good. Which one’s do you have?

Yes they really are, both my wands will have me gushing in minutes 🙈 I have the Lovehoney Mains Powered Classic Wand, which is my absolute fav and really recommend this one, I also have the smaller rechargeable Rocks Off one, nearly as powerful and it's waterproof so bath time fun for sure! Here's links to both if you're interested ❤️

Lovehoney mains powered - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40193

Rocks Off Rechargeable - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=44213

💋 💋 💋

On mobile again so I dare say the line breaks will disappear again, sorry, I’ll try adding something else to break things up! 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆 The nub can be fiddly and I suspect is probably a marmite thing, but for a more spread sensation like you get with a bulbous head I quite often use the “back.” I appreciate the contour of the back compared to a bulb head as the toy corresponds better to anatomy and I find that you get more centrally on the clit within your spread of vibrations. I tend to use it this way if I want to mount the toy with it underneath me and find it’s much comfier to use the Desire in this position than it is with the LH Classic. 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 However because it’s more of body-shaped contour, when you use either the nub side or smooth back you can’t push the wand hard against your body to add the strong pressure with the vibrations as much as you can with a bulb head. For me, there’s a very worthwhile trade-off there because you where you can add firm pressure using the Desire is if you use an edge to pinpoint against the clit. I prefer precision over spread and being able to have precision, pressure and wand power is amazing for me. That, for me, is what makes the Desire wand shape so brilliant compared to a bulb. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I’m not sure what we can and can’t link on the forum, but im talking about this I’m reminded of a sex toy/education webcomic I like (which has affiliate links to USA LH actually, but among other websites) where the writer describes why the bulb head works so well for them with the strong sensation spread over such a large area and I’d say that’s the core of the how to decide with this shape: if you like that spread you probably want a bulb head, but if (like me) you’ve ever felt like the bulb head is too much of blunt instrument then between the nub, smooth curved back and the soft edges of the Desire shape you’ll find your wand much more able to play how you want it to and with some exploration you should find that even if (as 1 or 2 reviewers on the Desire say and I often find myself) the nub isn’t a great fit for you the toy still can be as the whole head gets the strong vibrations. 🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆 I don’t know how much you’ve used Mantric, but if you do decide to get a bulb head then Mantric toys have a similar material and quality feeling to Desire (minus the storage bags - though maybe you can repurpose the one from your old Desire toy). I can’t vouch for their wand specifically but I have 3 Mantric toys that are all good (well, the shape of 1 of them doesn’t work for me but that’s personal anatomy/preferences, can’t fault the quality) and they all have a uniform, quality material finish much like my 3 Desire toys do. By contrast, the LH Classic is gonna feel cheap and rather appliance-like after the Desire. (I don’t mean that the LH Classic necessarily feels cheap in relation to its own price, the cord is strong, build is solid and so on, but next to a Desire or Mantric toy it does feel cheap). ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If the possibilities opened up by the different shape appeal to you and you can afford to take the small risk that lacking a bulb doesn’t work for you, then I’d definitely recommend the Desire wand, and I for one think it’s miles better than a bulb. But if either you love the bulb or you’re on a tight budget and it would be a disaster if your new wand didn’t work so well for you, then I’d recommend playing it safe with another bulb. Hope that helps and if you do try the Desire please let me know what you think, I’d be curious to hear your take on it and it’d be interesting to hear how the Desire new-style and a Desire bulb shape compare.

I have taken some photos showing the Desire from angles that aren’t so clear from the product listing to give you more of an idea what the other bits that I use are like but as this is the first time I have uploaded pics I’m not sure how long until they appear, but hopefully these will show up on my profile for you soon.

It's cordless, powerful and durable (still running) , and I have been using it for the last 4 years. It's one of the best I owned. Nope! I did not purchase this from LH but it's similar to this one at LH... https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37263 I saw it sold at most sex shops all over except for UK.

StrawberryBubblegum wrote:

On mobile again so I dare say the line breaks will disappear again, sorry, I’ll try adding something else to break things up!

There's a few tips on how to get the paragraphs working in this thread (along with a few other workarounds for this very fickle forum 🙂):

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1576978-helpful-tips-for-lovehoney-forum-use/page-3/

Hope this helps. 👍🙂

Amazing!!! Which one did you choose? X