Newbie not liking it?

Hi guys,

totally new here but after a bit of advice. I bought a basic butt plug, a set of anal beads and some lube in a 3 fof £10 deal.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24636

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25001

I have just tried the butt plug and was really excited.

I lubed it up and popped it in. It wasnt painful or anything but just didnt seem right and a bit uncomfortable.

Am i doing anything wrong. The funny thing is that i have used my fingers and stroked my prostate which felt good but this just felt weird and didnt give me any pleasure.

Thanks

Jacob

Is this the 1st time you have used a butt plug before?

Yes is is. It went in very easily but didnt feel right! :(

Did it feel too tight?

Hey and welcome.

Everyone is different, and quite often you yourself are different day to day, so don't worry about that.

Sometimes if it's a new or different toy it can take getting used to to work out what feels good. It may also be that your body just isn't in the mood for that toy or any toys when you decided to try it. You might not have given yourself enough of a warm up with either relaxing or with using your fingers before hand also. Can you describe what you mean by uncomfortable? Was it hitting you in a particular place that felt pokey? Was there a burning or stinging sensation? Did it feel clingy or abrasive? Did it just feel like an uncomfortale pressure?

I'm not a fan of anything made out of jelly rubber (you can google toxic sex toys or safe sex toy matierials and you'll come across the info, aswell as posts on this forum) so I can't really say that it's worth sticking with those particular toys, but toys in general are totally worth investigating further. It might be that your body will respond more to movement of the toy or pressure on the toy. Maybe harder materials like firmer silicone or glass could work better for you if you don't respond to the softer toys. It might be the shape or size isn't right to stimulate you. It could be that your body will respond better to more texture on a toy. Perhaps vibration will end up being a thing you like. It could be the lube you're using, if it's not thick enough or you aren't using enough or if it has something in it that your body doesn't like.

Any number or combination of these things could be involved somehow.

No not at all. It wasn't too tight and went in with ease. :)

Thanks pixie king for your great awnser. I really appreciate the help. I see what your saying, don't give up and experiment. I'll try the anal beads next and see whether I might like them better. The butt plug didn't touch my prostate and it just sat there kind of thing.
What does the 'full up' sensation feel like?
Could I try f***ing my self with the butt plug or is that not such a good idea?
Thanks again for the response. You guys are great!

As you say it's just trial and error, especially with insertable toys.

I see that the beads and plug are the same size in circumference so after using them both this may at least give you an idea of whether you perhaps want something longer or something with more girth.

There is a guide on lubes somewhere, speaking from experience if there is something in the lube which your body doesn't like it can just feel uncomfortable, not necessarily painful.

The full up sensation is all about pressure. When the right amount of pressure is put on the walls of your rectum all around then you feel 'full.' How much girth that takes depends on different factors like how your body is that day and what you're used to. In my view it can feel very awesome. ^^

Thrusting with the toy is worth a try. It'll probably need more lube than just inserting it would. Sitting on the toy and grinding onto it is something that some people enjoy too. Personally to me it sounds like you could use something a little bigger. If you aren't terribly nervous about anal play and you give yourself a fair amount of warm up I think you'd be suprised by what you can take. Though again, jelly is bad kids.

Hey Jacob

First of all you mention that using fingers to stroke your prostate feels good. This clearly indicates to me that you know where it is and how you enjoy touching it at the moment. I think I may know what the problem is correct me if I am wrong:

Ok butt plugs are generally shorter in length than prostate massagers and from what I can gather they are useful for a lot of things. For example they are useful for wearing for long periods of time, they are useful for anyone wanting to feel full up inside their back passage and they are useful to be used for stretching and training your sphincter muscles to relax which is ideal if you want to use bigger toys or experience penetration. They are also great for popping inside you and keeping it inside during masturbation or intercourse because as you get more aroused and begin squeezing your muscles, it feels nice having a plug inside and if it is large enough it will of course rest up against your prostate so that will heighten your orgasm as your muscles squeeze around it.

However, butt plugs are not so great for using in the way you described to enjoy prostate pleasure. Generally, just popping one inside you and carrying on with your day will not make you super aroused unless the idea of wearing it does that to you. Movement will cause some gentle rubbing or pressure sensations which may feel great but simply wearing a plug will probably not push you into really heightened aroused states.

I know for certain that my partner doesnt find toys in his bum 100% comfortable until he has reached a certain level of arousal and it is only then (usually a minute or two before orgasm) that it suddenly begins to feel quite amazing. What you are describing sounds very similar to my boyfriends experience.

So what do I advise. 1) Wear the butt plug during masturbation or intercourse. Insert it once you are reasonably aroused and maybe try taking yourself close to orgasm a few times and allowing the sensation to die down before edging again. Hopefully you will begin to then feel some very nice sensations from the plug as you approach orgasm and really, butt plugs feel at their best during this point of arousal unless again, the mental idea gets you off a lot.

2) Invest in a prostate massager rather than a butt plug. I suggest this based on what you described with your fingers. Clearly you enjoy feeling something pressing and rubbing against your prostate and the best toy for this job would be a prostate massager or even a female g-spot toy (With a flared base, always) to hit the spot. They usually have a longer shaft, a more curved shaft too which helps reach the prostate and they can be slid back and forth much easier than a plug can be

Hope this helps.

Pixieking wrote:

The full up sensation is all about pressure. When the right amount of pressure is put on the walls of your rectum all around then you feel 'full.' How much girth that takes depends on different factors like how your body is that day and what you're used to. In my view it can feel very awesome. ^^

Thrusting with the toy is worth a try. It'll probably need more lube than just inserting it would. Sitting on the toy and grinding onto it is something that some people enjoy too. Personally to me it sounds like you could use something a little bigger. If you aren't terribly nervous about anal play and you give yourself a fair amount of warm up I think you'd be suprised by what you can take. Though again, jelly is bad kids.

Thanks pixie king,

I will try the anal beads next. The lube i am using didnt feel weird but i might try some durex strawberry lube next. The lube i am using is a bit like a cream.

The thing is the butt plug went in so easily. I think i need something with more girth to get the feeling of stretching my asshole and the full up feeling.

Ill keep experimenting because thats what its all about, im not going to give up just yet.

Thanks

Jacob

Lou22 wrote:

As you say it's just trial and error, especially with insertable toys.

I see that the beads and plug are the same size in circumference so after using them both this may at least give you an idea of whether you perhaps want something longer or something with more girth.

There is a guide on lubes somewhere, speaking from experience if there is something in the lube which your body doesn't like it can just feel uncomfortable, not necessarily painful.

Thanks lou,

I think i well jsut keep trying, to be honest when i tried it i didnt really feel too horny, Ill try masturbating with it in. It went in too easily i think and wasnt much of a challenge. I think the lube is fine although i will try the other one i have. :)

Thanks for your help!

Fluffbags wrote:

Hey Jacob

First of all you mention that using fingers to stroke your prostate feels good. This clearly indicates to me that you know where it is and how you enjoy touching it at the moment. I think I may know what the problem is correct me if I am wrong:

Ok butt plugs are generally shorter in length than prostate massagers and from what I can gather they are useful for a lot of things. For example they are useful for wearing for long periods of time, they are useful for anyone wanting to feel full up inside their back passage and they are useful to be used for stretching and training your sphincter muscles to relax which is ideal if you want to use bigger toys or experience penetration. They are also great for popping inside you and keeping it inside during masturbation or intercourse because as you get more aroused and begin squeezing your muscles, it feels nice having a plug inside and if it is large enough it will of course rest up against your prostate so that will heighten your orgasm as your muscles squeeze around it.

However, butt plugs are not so great for using in the way you described to enjoy prostate pleasure. Generally, just popping one inside you and carrying on with your day will not make you super aroused unless the idea of wearing it does that to you. Movement will cause some gentle rubbing or pressure sensations which may feel great but simply wearing a plug will probably not push you into really heightened aroused states.

I know for certain that my partner doesnt find toys in his bum 100% comfortable until he has reached a certain level of arousal and it is only then (usually a minute or two before orgasm) that it suddenly begins to feel quite amazing. What you are describing sounds very similar to my boyfriends experience.

So what do I advise. 1) Wear the butt plug during masturbation or intercourse. Insert it once you are reasonably aroused and maybe try taking yourself close to orgasm a few times and allowing the sensation to die down before edging again. Hopefully you will begin to then feel some very nice sensations from the plug as you approach orgasm and really, butt plugs feel at their best during this point of arousal unless again, the mental idea gets you off a lot.

2) Invest in a prostate massager rather than a butt plug. I suggest this based on what you described with your fingers. Clearly you enjoy feeling something pressing and rubbing against your prostate and the best toy for this job would be a prostate massager or even a female g-spot toy (With a flared base, always) to hit the spot. They usually have a longer shaft, a more curved shaft too which helps reach the prostate and they can be slid back and forth much easier than a plug can be

Hope this helps.

Fluffbags you are a star, thanks for taking the time to post all that up.

I will try the sugestions such as wear it during maturbation and such.

SO the next step is to get a prostate massager. I havent got a bit budget.

I quite like the idea of something vibrating up there. Is that a good idea.

What about this, would it touch my prostate to you recon?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665

To experiment more into butt plugs should i get a set like this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3539

so i can see what i like in terms of girth or length.

But first off i will experiment with what ive got. I dont get a lot of opportunitey for this as i live with my family, an share a room so have to wait until most people have gone out! :(

What about something like this. I think it would touch my prostate and it also vibrates.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=23982

We have the booty buddy butt plug. It is quite a slimline butt plug and a bit flexible. It is very comfortable to wear and is almost like a crooked finger so it might be suitable for brushing against your prostate but the flexibiility will mean you cannot apply much pressure.

I would recommend this for being cheap and being double sized and being slightly larger and firmer so much easier to control (Plus I know it gets rave reviews):

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2041

Vibrations do feel good but its down to personal taste and the ones you linked look good but I have no experience with them, the reviewers look pleased though. Some like vibes, some prefer without. The same with any toys really, you will probably find that you will narrow down your preferences over time with experimenting with different toys. If I were you I would try the prostate massager type toys next and see which you prefer between them and the plugs.

The Bionic vibrating bullet you linked in the second post would probably be your best option on a budget. It seems like an ok first anal vibe. Bear in mind both these toys I have linked wont be suitable for extended wear and probably wont be hands free like butt plugs are.

Have fun!