No more chat!!!!

Chat gone forever ;((((( Just had online chat with lovehovey representative who confirmed chat feature will not be cumin back, oh poo!!!!

never mind . forums great as it is

oh well there is no need for the friends list anymore etc

I was not on the forum when the chat was around, do ppl get notified if someone friend requests them or when someone else comments on a post that you either set up or commented on?.

I was never here for the chat but I think the forums are perfectly fine as they are anyway :)

wreck it ralph, when you log in it says you have friend requests, you click on and accept or not then when you were both on line you had green light by your name and you could chat privately, i have 6 pending friend request but cannot accept as there is no button anymore and now there is no reason too, i feel the forums are better with out the chat as you used to get a lot of people saying they got harassed and just wanting different things to the forum

I honestly don't miss the chat at all. I hated not having it when they first got rid of it but I think the lack of it encourages you to interract with more people.

I wasn't here for the chat but to be honest I think it's probably better without. As PPD said it encourages us to interact with more people and the more people contributing to the forum the better :) I think if we had the chat function the forum wouldn't be as good x

I hardly used chat tbh but I love the forums when I get chance to pop in.

rach74 wrote:

oh well there is no need for the friends list anymore etc

I have been expecting that chat would not be coming back for months now, I do agree that the forum is probably better without it. That said I made some really good friends on chat, who I still communicate with off the forum.

I do however think there is a need for the friends list, as i posted on another thread recently, I often use the list to quickly see what my friends have been posting via their profiles, I find it is a quick and useful way to see what they have been up to, so it would be a shame if it was removed.

rubysoho wrote:

never mind . forums great as it is

I agree with Ruby - the forums are great as they are. And I think friend requests etc. are lovely - I take it as a compliment when someone friend requests me :) xxx

I did find it strange having a friends list on here . I am pretty new here and have added two people i spoke to when i first joined ruby and lolli , but when i signed in this morning there was two requests from people i have never spoken too . I dont want to seem rude by not accepting them but also on the other hand i dont see a point in adding them .
I joined this forum not even knowing there was a chat feature and think its great the way it is !