any sign of chat system coming back??

Curious as not been here in a while

Unlikely I'm afraid.

They said no because to many people ever abusing it and it's impossible for the moderators to control it

No.
sorry I don't think it ever was going to come back to be honest.

Ok that fine but why not disable friemd function as it now has no use.

And you could only chat to ppl that had added u so should be easily self policed

I've never used the chat function, but I'm glad it's not available anymore. I just don't think there's a need for it. Everyone talks on the forums, and if anything can't be said online on the forum, then it probably shouldn't be being said. I've heard that some people took advantage of the chat function and used it for things that doesn't really go hand in hand with the friendly nature of the forum. Lovehoney isn't a place for sex chat, or hookups, it's a place for friendly chat and advice, and that can all be said on the forums.

You're right about the friends function, there is no need for it, but it's not harmful being there and I think it's nice to be friends with people who you get along with on the forum. Some people put their email addresses on their profile, and that's their own prerogative, but I don't think it's a necessity that lovehoney give us a char function that can't be monitored, when they give us such a fabulous forum, which is more than you get on any other retail website.

At the risk of repeating myself, I do find the friend function useful.

I can go to my friends list via my account to quickly view any recent posts by particular friends or to see if they have responded to a particular post without having to search for a thread.

I like the friend function more now that there aren't so many requests from people I've never interacted with on it. Was never comfortable accepting requests from men who were adding every female on the forum or seemed to be looking for help getting off.

Aside from some bumps with private conversations taking over threads during the transition, I like the forums better without chat and I no longer dread looking on my friends page.

I don't mind the friend function still being on there. It can be handy like HH said if you want to look at your friends profile, maybe check out there wishlist to buy pressies :)
But im not to fussed about chat to be honest, i know some people miss it but i found it too much hassle.

MrsMcX wrote:

I've never used the chat function, but I'm glad it's not available anymore. I just don't think there's a need for it. Everyone talks on the forums, and if anything can't be said online on the forum, then it probably shouldn't be being said. I've heard that some people took advantage of the chat function and used it for things that doesn't really go hand in hand with the friendly nature of the forum. Lovehoney isn't a place for sex chat, or hookups, it's a place for friendly chat and advice, and that can all be said on the forums.

+1

Exactly! ^_^

I don't even know how you know if someone requested you as a friend - it doesn't flag up

It should appear on any posts that they make and on the Your Account page. I've just friended you so that you can see.