Not a good start to the day

Its going to be one of those days....

Not only is it wet and cold, I woke up early as was expecting post (a kinky delivery for tonight was part of it) so set the alarm to 6:30. Royal don't deliver pre 7 so gave me time to wake up properly without standing at the door looking like I had smoked half a pound of cheeba.

Fast forward to 6:55. I'm just getting out of bed, grabbing the dressing gown giving more than enough time to get downstairs for the magical 7am slot where I would patient sit near to door to make sure this important delivery was taken in.
To my horror I heard the letter box flap, rushed downstairs to find a card stating my items would be held at the local office til Monday! The time on the card? 7:00, lying b*****ds.

Your postman delivers well early. Can't you go to the main post office and pick up the parcel this morning. Our's is open till 12 on a Saturday.

Hi we had a problem with this a while ago and it turns out that the postman wasn't even bringing the parcel out with him, but was leaving it in the local postbox to save him carrying it. I would have opened the door and said you didn't even knock, please can I have my parcel. Knowing me I would probably have chased him down the street.

For us this only happened when we had a temporary postman while our regular excellent postman was on holiday. It's worth ringing the post office and complaining, saying you were sat the other side of the door waiting for the parcel and that the postman didn't even knock, just put the card through the door, and that you suspect he didn't have the parcel with him. Express that the item is for your partners birthday party this evening (a little white lie) and that you really need the item, and that you have done everything you can to ensure the item could be delivered.

I hope with a calm conversation things can be resolved and you get your parcel today.

This happened to me! I walked around my neighbourhood until I caught up with the postie. He got a mouth full but I did get my box of goodies. Ring the sorting office and complain. I'm sure they'll be able to get ahold of the Rogue postman or woman lol. X

Had this happen myself, so bloody annoying when you had a weekend of fun planned on said item and paid for fast delivery 😳 feeling your annoyance

On the plus side, it does spice up the mid week when you get it.

I would have chased him down the street, probably in my pajamas! As others have said, you should definitely complain. It's not good enough.

I dislike lazy posties 😠

If it wasnt for the 2 monkeys upstairs I would of!

Decided instead to have a 'lets go through the toy box and lingerie drawers to see what we have' evening instead to make up for it, and might have to make another purchase just to make myself feel better!

Caliente wrote:

I would have chased him down the street, probably in my pajamas! As others have said, you should definitely complain. It's not good enough.

I have the music from the end credits of Benny Hill going round in my head lol.

Suffered this as well. Went and fond the postie. We made a deal. He went and got my parcel and I wouldn't phone up and create a fuss. It has never happened again.

Such early post! I'm lucky if the post comes by noon. Though this postie is way better than where I lived before and always carries my box of toys up all the tennament buildings <3

The number of times couriers have left a card without knocking though 😡

Not looking good for my parcel today either.

Got up stupidly early as to not repeat those incidents of last weekend, just checked the tracking and it was updated @ 4:30am and its still in Bristol!

I find that some tracking systems do not update in real time.

It may go from being in Bristol to ready for delivery.