Old toys

What does everyone do with their old sex toys when no longer required

I had a strong coffee, got myself in a super confident mood, and took them to the recycling centre like a good responsible citizen. I tried to enjoy the fact that somewhere there was footage of me dropping toys into a metal skip with all the other ‘small electrical’ items.

Recycle! If it doesn’t vibrate but it’s glass, metal, silicone, wood or ceramic then it can usually be recycled but you might have to look into which places accept items of those materials as not all do 👍🏼

I didnt know about the LH recycling scheme, so thanks for that. I class myself a good recycler, but when it came to throwing my very sad looking vibrator out held together by tape, that I miss so much 😂 I just wrapped it in carrier bags and hid it in the bottom on the bin. Hoping it would never be found.

I have only got rid of one toy since I started to buy and it was because it was terrible. When I have a clear out I will be using the recycling scheme.

Never had to get rid of any yet, think I’ve been quite lucky

I boxed up a huge load of vibrators and electrical toys a few months back and user the Lovehoney scheme, it’s excellent and discreet. Most dildos and stuff I just chop up and put in the recycle bins or down in the centre with a load of other items

Gosig wrote:

I had a strong coffee, got myself in a super confident mood, and took them to the recycling centre like a good responsible citizen. I tried to enjoy the fact that somewhere there was footage of me dropping toys into a metal skip with all the other ‘small electrical’ items.

Love it! I had to recycle a large quantity of cardboard recently at my local recycling centre that would not fit in the recycling bin, which included a large quantity of sex toy packaging. I was dismayed to find a burly bloke helping customers put things in the cardboard skip. I shoved it all to the bottom of the pile and hoped he wouldn't find it until I'd made my speedy getaway.

Alicia4Ever wrote:

For vibrators only , LH have a recycling scheme https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbitamnesty/

dildos are not accepted for recycling.

Thanks for the tip. Not quite brave enough to use my local recycling centre as they have so many staff helping people put stuff in skips.

BeeMine wrote:

Gosig wrote:

Love it! I had to recycle a large quantity of cardboard recently at my local recycling centre that would not fit in the recycling bin, which included a large quantity of sex toy packaging. I was dismayed to find a burly bloke helping customers put things in the cardboard skip. I shoved it all to the bottom of the pile and hoped he wouldn't find it until I'd made my speedy getaway.

I shove the LH packaging in the normal household recycling bin, but you know the one time it is so windy your bin blows over in the night, it will be full of sex toy boxes that cascade down the entire length of your street.

IF I expected staff assistance at the tip (especially if it was a bloke) and I felt in a confident mood, wouldn’t it be great to try to make eye contact and smile with each toy dropped, just for the shits and giggles of the situation. Mwahahahaha!

Gosig wrote:

BeeMine wrote:

Gosig wrote:

I shove the LH packaging in the normal household recycling bin, but you know the one time it is so windy your bin blows over in the night, it will be full of sex toy boxes that cascade down the entire length of your street.

IF I expected staff assistance at the tip (especially if it was a bloke) and I felt in a confident mood, wouldn’t it be great to try to make eye contact and smile with each toy dropped, just for the shits and giggles of the situation. Mwahahahaha!

Hysterical laughter and blushing to both those scenarios! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I’ve never had to take any toys to the skip, I’ve only ever had the one toy, my deluxe teddy babe doll, luckily she’s still in good condition after three years 😀

Knight1119 wrote:

I’ve never had to take any toys to the skip, I’ve only ever had the one toy, my deluxe teddy babe doll, luckily she’s still in good condition after three years 😀

That does raise some interesting questions for when you do have to retire her. 🙂 I'm hoping there's a return address so the manufacturer can sort that out. I don't think I'd want to spend a Sunday afternoon explaining a bin-bagged body to the people at the tip.🙂

I must admit I’ve often wondered how I would retire her when the time comes, way too embarrassed to take her to the skip 😀

The last one I sent to the recycling centre was in the bottom of a box I gave to my OH to take - I hadn't warned him it was in there ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I don't have a wood dildo but if I did and it needed recycling, the devil on one shoulder says to drop it into my neighbour's wood recycle scheme. The angel on the other says to put it in the log burner. My neighbour is the kind to blush when I put my knickers on the washing line!

VR wrote:

I don't have a wood dildo but if I did and it needed recycling, the devil on one shoulder says to drop it into my neighbour's wood recycle scheme. The angel on the other says to put it in the log burner.

Good evening VR,

I think in your heart of hearts you know 100% which option would be the right one here.

Yours,

Mephistopheles

I’m so glad somebody brought this up lol!!! I too have a secret stash of old packaging that I just can’t bring to put in my recycling box or even take to the tip. It’d be my luck that somebody would want to help me get it into the cage on a windy day!!! I’ve told my sister if I die that it’s her responsibility to recycle them lol - talk about passing the buck.

Hi ugly betty someone could set up a swap shop lol

I also didnt know about the LH recycling.

We have some expensive toys that sit and collect dust :( I've been on livechat and asked if you get more points for more expensive items and sadly you dont atm but I've been told its a good idea and it will get pasted onto the correct team :D

Out with the old..

Trine wrote:

I also didnt know about the LH recycling.

We have some expensive toys that sit and collect dust :( I've been on livechat and asked if you get more points for more expensive items and sadly you dont atm but I've been told its a good idea and it will get pasted onto the correct team :D

Out with the old..

I didn't think you got points for any of them any more?

Recycling Scheme Page

You can still send them to us and we'll recycle them responsibly, but you won't earn any points.