Olympics

sweetlove666 wrote:

ShaftMaster wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

im not keen on them and probably wont watch much - just planning on watching the archery on TV

Made me laugh. Archery is great fun to do, but it's not the best of spectator sports

Depends on whos watching it really. the archery i do is slightly different (and i've won english and scottish national championships) so as a technical point then it is going to be interesting to me!

As a Scottish champion interested in technical points, guessing you'd find this interesting . . . http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/02/new-brave-trailer-gets-it-right/

Now I feel like crap for looking forward to the Games. Thanks guys.

rose hip wrote:

Oh don't be silly! I'm looking forward to it, I'm practically giddy! Don't let anyone spoil it for you. It is going to be amazing x

rose hip wrote:

Just cos I'm not particularly impressed with how it's being handled, it's not stoping me from going to watch. Still need to find a hotel though . . .

ShaftMaster wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

ShaftMaster wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

im not keen on them and probably wont watch much - just planning on watching the archery on TV

Made me laugh. Archery is great fun to do, but it's not the best of spectator sports

Depends on whos watching it really. the archery i do is slightly different (and i've won english and scottish national championships) so as a technical point then it is going to be interesting to me!

As a Scottish champion interested in technical points, guessing you'd find this interesting . . . http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/02/new-brave-trailer-gets-it-right/

yep it was all really good, and correct. I miss being able to practice (not found a club near me)

My honest opinion ?

Its a load of bollocks !

politicians saying how much money it will bring the nation just to keep everybody quiet about how much money ordinary hard working people have pumped into this shit

London maybe yes... I dont think Sheffield will reap any rewards however the North - South divide is nothing compared to Italy

I suppose it doesnt matter really its not my country

My daughter will be working on it as a volunteer, she cant wait for the chance to get up close and personal with the best horses in the world

I can't wait to go to the Olympics. I remember getting excited as a kid about them and its great I will get to go in person :D

occhiverdi wrote:

I can't wait to go to the Olympics. I remember getting excited as a kid about them and its great I will get to go in person :D

Awww I am so jealous! I didn't manage to get tickets :[ What are you going to see? x

weymouth only half hour drive from me so the traffic is a nightmare and it hasnt even started yet also they have doubled the pricing in hotels and B&b's which i think is wrong

but i will be watching as i like the olympics

all the things they have done down south near me have all been positive and will remain positive when olympics finished as better roads, better roundabouts and the stadiums that have been built for future use for kids

rach74 wrote:

all the things they have done down south near me have all been positive and will remain positive when olympics finished as better roads, better roundabouts and the stadiums that have been built for future use for kids

Same here. I think the Olympic legacy is a great thing.

It took the torch coming through my town for them to FINALLY sort out the roads & fill the millions of potholes that have been causing havoc for far too long.

sub-kitten wrote:

rach74 wrote:

Same here. I think the Olympic legacy is a great thing.

It took the torch coming through my town for them to FINALLY sort out the roads & fill the millions of potholes that have been causing havoc for far too long.

we had the same, all the roads that the torch went on was re done and also we have had a new roundabout/bypass built to take the extra traffic so its much easier

Congratulations to Jessica and all the other members of Team GB ...done us proud

They've done really well!!! OH is there watching it! Well Jealous!

MOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Farrah!!!!! GOLD

Jessica Ennis, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farah - A-Maz-Ing!!

So proud to be British right now!! Go Team GB!!!

I'm not an olympics enthusiast, but man, olympic history today. I am proud.

History. Made.

great night for team GB, well done