Olympics

Even better now, mixed Triathlon Gold.
Boxing females Bronze, just been a fantastic time thus far for team GB.

1 Like

My sleep patterns totally gone to pot. watching Eventing until 2.30am last night and up now watching the Gymnastics. Golf, watched in-between.

3 Likes

In case anyone missed it, get a load of Charlotte Worthingtonā€™s fabulous Gold Medal winning performance in the BMX Freestyle. :star_struck: :biking_woman: :medal_sports:

This clip shows her disastrous first run, then a brilliantly confident run by her main opponent, Hannah Roberts ā€¦and then Charlotte just takes it to whole other level. Stone meā€¦ I think sheā€™s got anti-gravity boots on! :grin:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58044570cy

3 Likes

Superb!

Really looking forward to the track cycling.

3 Likes

More medals! Brilliant stuff.
Feel bad for Zharnel Hughes, but heā€™s young he will be back.

1 Like

I set up a recording to catch all the BBC HD coverage. Iā€™m ploughing through it but still about two days behind. :laughing:

I love watching most of the events, but all the dreary BBC studio chatter and recaps are getting fast forwarded.

Womenā€™s skateboarding was amazing, with 13 year-olds taking both gold and silver! I could barely stand up on a board even when I was a teenager!

2 Likes

The Derny being replaced by an Ebike in the Keirin is just wrong.

1 Like

That Madison ride by Laura Kenny and Katie Archibald was phenomenal.

Ladies Marathon was completed in 2:27 They ran in very high temperatures and at high altitude, to put that into perspective I am a male I ran the London Marathon in moderate temperatures in 3:36.

Awesome Athletes.

2 Likes

Womens Omnium tomorrow should be a great event.

1 Like

I enjoy the cycling events, they are mega physically fit, I can almost feel the lactic acid pain they must experience.

Very sad for Laura, Jason Kenny an absolute legend.

2 Likes

If she did not have bad luck she would not have any luck at all.Still she will just have to do it in Paris in 3 years time now.
Sir Jason Kenny and Dame Laura Kenny seems nailed on unless they wait till they retire.

1 Like

Both the Kennyā€™s were great, they both have a great attitude off the track but can turn into total winners immediately they hit the track. Just brillant.

1 Like

I do not mind admitting I was a bit of an emotional wreck watching the closing ceremony. I am so proud of everyone in team GB and I have respect for every athlete from every Country who participated.

It has been an emotional roller coaster watching but I have loved every minute of it. Japan did a fantastic job hosting.

Canā€™t wait for the Paralympics to begin now.

2 Likes

Me too, I found the switch to Paris and back again very emotional.

Clearly some key funding questions for team GB now.