One of those i'll never win situations!šŸ˜

Aww I feel for you @Yes_man

Clothing and lingerie are nightmares with sizes! Partners Iā€™ve had in the past have done the same but if you yourself are unsure of sizes, your OH has no chance! I see where you came from and youā€™ve been very respectful on it! Previous partners have always asked beforehand as sizes differ between companies and weā€™re always changing in our body sizes! I tend to buy all clothing and lingerie so sizing never really comes to mind, just an instinctive *click, click size, order. If a partner now bought me something and it was a little small, I wouldnā€™t be upset, Iā€™d still try it and see what we both think, or just reorder in a bigger size, no biggie!

Itā€™s the thought that counts at the end of the day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@WillC She gonna show me it later so I can see what I think, I also agree that a bit of over spill can be a bit sexy, she also has a different opinion of whats sexy too. She was a big boobed but small 10 when we met but I really love her new curvier figure but she thinks Iā€™m just doing the husbandly thing and trying to make her feel good,
Problem is she has always liked her women thin with big boobs, itā€™s how she used to look and how she would still like to look.
Anyway I digress its what I think later, if sheā€™ll agree that is!!

2 Likes

Yes, we definitely canā€™t win! We say the truth, but they think weā€™re just saying it to be a good partner!

1 Like

@WillC, Yes mate, My Misses has had 2 kids so her tummy has gone through a tough time and not fully recovered like some lucky ladies, but itā€™s now a lovely curvy mummy tummy which just fits her shape to a tee! Problem is she still harks back to how flat and toned it was before the kids and even though she does appreciate that I say nice sexy things about her tummy she just canā€™t get over how I can see it sexier than it was when we met. Good thing is It doesnā€™t affect our sexlife or marriage at all. Iā€™ll just carry on loving it as much as I can!!

3 Likes

Well @WillC and @wildflower The Misses tried it on last night, the Chemiseā€‹:grin: and whilst the bottom half did stretch enough looked great the overspill on the top half was like a dam spilling over!! Had to agree it didnā€™t look good!! The cups just seemed to be too small and too close together. She really likes it so will be ordering the next size up and returning this one.

2 Likes

Well at least you tried! I have found the plus sizes have enough room up top, and enough elasticity on the bottom half to not be baggy, itā€™s just getting past the ā€œPlus sizeā€ stigma that a lot of women have.

1 Like

@WillC 100% agree, itā€™s difficult getting over the thought of buying ā€˜Plus Sizeā€™ but once you do itā€™s much easier and you start to accept your curves! I went from being a petite size 10 to being 18/20 on the hips and after accepting it, buying Plus Size doesnā€™t bother in the slightest! At the end of the day, itā€™s just clothes and lingerie, they end up somewhere other than our bodies, and our bodies are incredible things, all shapes and sizes! Embrace them, love them, desire them! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely! We spend too much time pigeonholing ourselves as sizes and shapes, weā€™d be a lot happier if we just accepted our perceived imperfections and realise we are all attractive to someone.

2 Likes

@Yes_man Aww what a shame! I agree thereā€™s spillage and thereā€™s major spillage! If itā€™s all overflowing to the point where the slightest movement threatens full exposure then I agree, itā€™s not ideal.
Iā€™ve got to the stage in my life where Iā€™ve accepted that Iā€™m plus sized. I donā€™t have any problem with anyone knowing what size I take, once you get over that hurdle and accept it then things are a lot easier. I too, like your Mrs am not keen on my tummy. Iā€™ve had three kids and pregnancy has left itā€™s mark but Iā€™ve always been a curvy girl and never had the flat stomach so for me itā€™s more a case of ā€™ you donā€™t miss what youā€™ve never hadā€™.
Wishing you luck with the next size up! :grin:

2 Likes

@wildflower, it was quite a bit of spillage, it was either side boob under her arms or if she pushed that in the cups then her nipples popped up and peeped over the top of the cups! Yes my OH has come to terms thats she no longer a 10-12 and more realistically a 12 to mostly a 14, Sheā€™s petite so under 5ft, so being a 14-16 is a plus size for her. Iā€™ve said it before on this thread but I really do love her curves and wobbly bits. Sheā€™s just slowly accepting thats her shape now!
Yes and fingers crossed the large will fit her boobs too!!:grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had this at both ends of the spectrum.
My partner is nearly 6ft tall (very tall for a woman), long legs and slim. What does ā€œmediumā€ mean when it comes to sizing? Itā€™s hard for her to find clothes especially online as the sizing is meaningless for someone of those proportions.
An Ex-partner was a very curvy size 16 with F-size boobs. She found it offensive if items came from the Plus size range, yet when we bought ones from the standard range they never fit her. Once got a size 14 mini dress at her suggestion and she spent about 15 mins in the bathroom trying to get it on. It didnā€™t look good and in reality it would have been better if she was honest.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with plus size but being uncomfortable and unrealistic isnā€™t goodā€¦for anyone!
So yeah, you canā€™t win!

2 Likes

Being a bloke itā€™s small, medium, large etc so i always try a medium or large and see which fits best. Sometimes a large swamps me, sometimes a medium is far too tight across the chest/shoulders, so i definitely understand how much of a problem is for women!

1 Like