One of those i'll never win situations!😁

Just bought this for my OH from the sale for my OH,

For the 25 years we’ve been together she’s been a 10 to 12, most recently nearer a 12. So obviously I ordered the Medium as it is a 10-12, Gave her it last night, the Chemise you dirty minded people! And when she asked what size and I told her a Medium/10-12 she scoffed at me and despite not even trying it on yet she said she’d got no chance of getting in it and I should have got the Large even though the large is a 14-16! Now she has got a bit curvier recently, think that’s the politest way of putting it but there was no way I was ordering a Large as it felt like I’d be insulting her as she’s never been a 14 let alone a 16. Think I literally got my self in to one of those no win situation!
Anyone else trapped themselves like that!?

3 Likes

I have had a similar dilemma, my OH is 14/16 with big boobs, so she is on the cusp of Lovehoney standard and Plus size. The plus size stuff always fits better, and i have had the conversation with her that being plus size is nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a term that ultimately means nothing.Basically i had an honest conversation with her, and she was fine with it. After all women know a size 16 in one shop, is a size 14 in another.

2 Likes

Every day of the week mate in fact I can’t count them all to be honest @Yes_man sorry for the situation

1 Like

@Goth_Girl I don’t think it’s just your hubby hun we are all guilty of it and I used to use my hands to gauge the size like weighing up melons :melon: :melon: lol only joking I know my wife’s sizes :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I know what you mean, especially underwear sizes. Men’s sizes aren’t safe either. My partner always gets shirts in medium, so I bought one from a website as a surprise gift. It was like a nightie :joy:

6 Likes

Definitely!

1 Like

I don’t understand women or anyone doing that, a size is just a size if I’m given the wrong size on something whether it’s too bigger or too small I polite say so or if it’s a maybe try it on and see as there is no standard when it comes to sizing.

3 Likes

@Yes_man I can see where you’re coming from with this but personally I don’t think it’s an insult to suggest that someone is curvy. I would rather my OH bought something that looked like it would fit me rather than just stuck to my regular sizing of 16/18 ( I’m more at the 18 end of that scale ) The whole plus size or large varies so much, some brands call a size 14 plus size?!
I would say Lovehoney own brand stuff sticks very much to the sizing on the label although I have had major issues with cup size but then again I have got very large boobs! Has your OH actually tried it on yet? ( and I mean the lingerie!) She may be surprised at how stretchy it is, it may fit really well. I’ve often taken stuff out of the packet and thought " I’ll never get into this" but then it’s actually fitted well.
Buying her lingerie is a lovely thing to do especially if you know exactly the type of thing she enjoys wearing. Basically, you’re not the first to have got yourself in a pickle with sizes and you won’t be the last :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi @wildflower, yep she tried it on this morning! The Chemise :wink:, and yes it fit her perfectly around the bottom half because like you said its stretchy and hid the bits she likes to hide but just like you everything was spilling out the top half, the cups were just to small! Now my OH has nice sized boobs, 36D, they’re big but not mahoosive but the cups are not sized for someone her size which I would say fairly normal! She says it looks nice but bits are spilling out which is spoiling the look. I’ve yet to see it but it looks like it’s like even if I go for the 14-16 the cups won’t be big enough. Shame LH seems to think one cup fits all on this type of lingerie.:confused::confused::confused:

1 Like

Hi @Yes_man The cups should get bigger as the size goes up so I would try the larger size and the bottom is stretchy so will probably still fit. Worth a try as long as your OH is happy to try? I’m about the same size as your OH and generally find the cup size in the L is about right

2 Likes

Yes, @Yes_man cup sizing is a properly big issue! If the overspill isn’t too much then I’d agree with @Kitty-Cat01 and just go up a size, the difference shouldn’t be that noticeable around the bottom half but it might just give a bit more room in cups. If a lot more room is needed then sizing up even bigger is going to result in losing the fit around the rest of the body…it’s a dilemma isn’t it?
Personally I’m ok with a bit of overspill, especially if the item is only going to be worn in the bedroom but not everyone is the same. If she feels it ruins the look then the downside is she probably won’t be keen to wear it :frowning_face:
I don’t know if there are any other ranges but have found this one that does actual cup sizes! Enchanted
It would be great if Lovehoney did this with all lingerie but it would most likely work out too expensive :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@wildflower Yes it would be nice if they did cup sizes but can see why they don’t due to cost, Talking to the Misses about it and she say her BBF has massive problems with lingerie as she is an impressive shape! A size 10 but a natural 40DD so has a nightmare and can never get anything like this to fit.
The Misses asked if I could return it for the bigger size but LH’s return policy says it can’t if its been worn! How are you supposed to know the fit if you can’t try it on?
Now got the dilemma fors she spill out or do I shell out for the bigger size!!:confused::confused::confused:

1 Like

Hi @wildflower. That one looks lovely. Unfortunately being a 12 - 14 with only D size boobs it probably wouldn’t work for me. It would be good if LH do more in different cup sizes. I tend to stick to non-padded bras / cups since they fit a bigger range of sizes. Shame though since I do love a good push up bra!

2 Likes

@Yes_man oh I didn’t know about that as regards the return policy as I haven’t returned anything before. Yes, the mind boggles as to how you’re supposed to find the correct size then doesn’t it? Trouble is if you get the next size up and that still doesn’t fit then you’re stuck with two items that don’t fit and it’s cost you more money!
Sorry, I don’t know what else to suggest…maybe someone else will see this and offer some suggestions?

Yes @wildflower I too wasn’t aware their returns policy stipulated that too.
“Products must be unopened, unused or unworn and have packaging or tags intact.”
I never considered it when I ordered the Chemise. Sometimes you learn things the costly, well fairly costly way.:confused::confused:
Shame as the Misses did seem to like my choice, but then I am a good judge of what she likes normally.

1 Like

@Kitty-Cat01 It would be perfect if Lovehoney did more cup sizes . The only things I never have problems with as regards boob sizing are the bodystockings, they’re so forgiving and stretchy that I have to size down for them!

1 Like

Yes @wildflower, I’ll be looking at Lingerie without cups next time, more boob slings!!:grin::grin::grin:
And yes I buy all my wife’s bedroom Lingerie, she likes to wear what I like, she prefers it that way. Also as its really for my pleasure she thinks it’s only fair I pay and its hard to argue with that.:wink::wink:
She basically likes anything that pretty and covers her mid-rift, I have no problem at all with her mummy tummy and tell her that regularly, actually think it pretty sexy, which I also tell her, but she still harks back to her perfectly flat stomach and she has a problem with it, so anything that covers it is always a hit, she also like anything that improves her bust as she mightily proud of her boobs. It’s an easy wish list which is hard to get wrong. Well normally!!:confused::confused::confused:

1 Like

Oo! Thanks @Goth_Girl, might give it a go them. X

As long as the tags are left on, and the packaging is intact (and you’ve not got genitalia all over it) then you can try it on and send it back if it doesn’t fit. :+1:

I think they’ve simplified it to a straight refund at the moment, so you’d have to order the alternate size separately rather than exchange.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

1 Like

Just a suggestion, but can you tell her a bit of overspill can be very sexy, if as @Wildflower says, it’s only for bedroom use? Maybe if she knows you find it sexy, she will be ok with it?

2 Likes