Online perceptions

After putting up a photo of my face on FB today, I have had 2 people say that they thought I was brunette when I am infact a natural blonde.

I find it fascinating how our perceptions of people online can be so different from reality so I have 2 questions.

1) What is your natural hair and eye colour? (seeings how we all visualise who we speak to, I think this is an interesting one)

2) Is there anything about yourself that you think would suprise us?

I'm being deliberately vague here so I hope some posting will get this thread rolling more than the actual original questions!

Ax

Well as you can see from my pic, im dark haired (dyed black) naturally brown and have green eyes. Ummmmmm I suppose the other thing I can say about myself that a head shot doesnt truely show is that I am very voluptious (nice way of saying im quite podgy!) =)

My hair (as I mentioned) is blonde, and my eyes are green with gold flecks.

My suprising thing is my big hips - they are much wider than my size 8 - 10 frame suggests (appearance) and the fact that I have a motorbike and motorbike license (non appearance) . Not that suprising as I have a photo of my bike on my FB profile but for those who didn't know it might suprise you!

Ax

My eyes are an intersting one, they're sort of blue-grey but I've got a random splash of green in one of them. My hair is dark brown/black (black downstairs). Not very interesting, I know.

Suprise fact? I have wobbly fat bits that just won't go away! Though I intend to do some fat fighting over the summer for a change and get super buff.

Student20 wrote:

My eyes are an intersting one, they're sort of blue-grey but I've got a random splash of green in one of them. My hair is dark brown/black (black downstairs). Not very interesting, I know.

Suprise fact? I have wobbly fat bits that just won't go away! Though I intend to do some fat fighting over the summer for a change and get super buff.

Hehe I have those - a little paunch on my tummy - I'm pure muscle everywhere else, it's bizarre!

Wow your eyes sound amazing - you must put a photo up in the future....eyes are my thing!

Ax

I do find it odd how I form images of these random internet people with little basis!

Only today I've been proved wrong about SS and TL. Maybe display pictures play a part in it

Some people are little especially little enigmas and keep anything personal out of here if they can.

I was thinking the other day actually just how representative of the wider world/UK is LH. Being an internet sex forum I'd expect many users to be fairly young and those that are not as young intelligent through curiosity or just more tech savvy. I did also wonder just how many people are not 'white' on here, Its not something that matters or I'm really aware of but I can't recall there being a diverse ethnicity of people.

Hmmmm.... strange how we do form these pictures in our heads.

I don't think I form particularly strong visual mental images of people on here, unless they've put up a photo, but actually, I do think that if someone has a particularly strong personality (for example if they remind me of someone in real life) then I do attribute certain features to them! So yes, actually, this could be very interesting to read what people say!

1) I'm naturally (and am now) a brunette (medium dark/ light) with hazel eyes

2) I don't think so! There's nothing remarkable about my immediate appearance

Not just appearances on question 2) people! If you have a random interesting fact (that you're willing to share) I know I for one would be fascinated!!

Mimiaow I always picture you as red haired like your photo!

Ax

mimiaow wrote:

I don't think I form particularly strong visual mental images of people on here, unless they've put up a photo, but actually, I do think that if someone has a particularly strong personality (for example if they remind me of someone in real life) then I do attribute certain features to them! So yes, actually, this could be very interesting to read what people say!

1) I'm naturally (and am now) a brunette (medium dark/ light) with hazel eyes

2) I don't think so! There's nothing remarkable about my immediate appearance

I would have assumed you were a redhead given your profile pic (even if it wasn't you). And as for the strong personality thing, that makes sense. Even though Mistress Cara has pictures up I keep thinking of her looking like someone else I know with a similar name even though they look pretty dissimilar.

AdnaW wrote:

My hair (as I mentioned) is blonde, and my eyes are green with gold flecks.

My suprising thing is my big hips - they are much wider than my size 8 - 10 frame suggests (appearance) and the fact that I have a motorbike and motorbike license (non appearance) External Media. Not that suprising as I have a photo of my bike on my FB profile but for those who didn't know it might suprise you!

Ax

I'm like this too actually, if I put on weight, it's often my hips (and butt, damn it). It must be nice to have unusual colour eyes like yours though; it's a horrible cliche, but I do think eyes are one of the most initially striking features.

I do like that picture Mimi (mind if I use that?) thats probably why I was happy to also think that!

Heyy don't knock a big bum and hips! They look good!

I'm lucky, mine is mostly bone (I genuinly have big bones) and muscle (due to my joint condition I'm very lean) but I do have little love handles and a tummy paunch! I find little "fatty" (for want of a better word) spots quite attractive in women though!!

I do like my eyes, the gold is interesting but because they are quite pale they don't stand out - hazel has the best of brown and green! Blue is still my favourite though!

Ax

My eyes change depending on the time of year, sometimes they are quite a light green and other time rather dark emerald =S Have a pic somewhere..... will try and put it up

Sorry to disappoint you guys about not being all flame-y haired! Perhaps I should get the hair dye out again, haven't been that colour for a while now... Ah, sorry for misinterpreting your second question WandA - I wasn't too sure there. People often say their first impressions of me are very different to real me, but I think that's more to do with my personality and how I let people think initially. As I say, I don't think there's too much to me appearance-wise to create much of a non-me impression!

Student20 - Yes, names can be a big factor in initial opinions of someone, I totally agree. Although personally it hasn't gotten too much in the way for me here, because I don't know many people's real names, so that's good!

I've got brown hair and blue eyes. IRL, I think the thing people take most surprise about is my sex life, since they really don't expect all that kind of naughtiness and deviance from someone like me.

Malteser81 wrote:

My eyes change depending on the time of year, sometimes they are quite a light green and other time rather dark emerald =S Have a pic somewhere..... will try and put it up

That dramatic? Mine change slightly down to what I'm wearing mainly, pick up hints of blue when I wear blue and go darker when I wear darker clothes but never as dramatic as that - sounds amazing!

Ax

I do prefer my eyes when they are darker... I do love dark eyes =)

Twit, sorry, I meant AdnaW, not WandA! And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult curvaceous butts! :P I'm just rather crap at picking faults with me, 'cause I don't think I particularly work it, but if you can pull off the sexy butt, hurrah! (I'll just be all jealous over here)

I started to answer as "I'm brunette with brown eyes and an hourglass figure with some recently acquired wobbly bits I'd really like to lose". OH says it should read:

"I'm quite olive skinned, tan really easily, have a waist length mane of thick chocolate-brown hair and dark brown eyes. I have to get my underwear especially made as my boobs are too big for off the peg bras, even though my waist is tiny, leading to incredibly shapely bottom and thighs". This is one of many reasons why I love him! Seeing myself through his eyes I feel like a goddess! Through my own I'm a chubby girl who needs a hair cut!

Thing you might be surprised by, other than the need for bespoke lingerie, is that I'm of unknown ethnic origin! No idea where my genes came from, but I look like a bit of a mix!

There's a question - how would your OH describe you compared to how you'd describe yourself? Sorry, is that thread crashing, or part of this debate?!

SS xx

WandA wrote:

I do like that picture Mimi (mind if I use that?) thats probably why I was happy to also think that!

Sorry WandA, do you mean use the picture? Of course not, do go ahead, but if you meant using the name Mimi, I am more than happy with that too, please do!