posting "stuff" abroad

im looking for ideas of what to do as i plan to send my girlfriend a package containing lots of things including 2 sex toys as suprise for her.

But she is living in australia and im in the uk and to post things outside the EU i have to have a customs sticker on the front of the box aparently. on the customs sticker i have to put down everthing which is in the package.

The problem isnt i feel awkward writing about the sex toys for customs is that i am totaly fine with, but its the fact that see lives with some of her family and i dont want them to recive the package and read on the customs part that it contains sextoys as that will make everything really akward with her family which i dont want.

so i was thinking maybe some of you have had simular problems and how did you get around it? or what can i describe them as so that customs are happy and the her family wouldnt know a thing?

thanks

The usual get around for toy companys is to label them as novelty items.

If they are battery opperated you need to be aware of Royal Mail's new rules on prohibited goods

details are here http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Tell-me-about-Prohibited-Goods

The new policy if they are found is to destroy the parcel and the sender gets a letter telling them that is what has been done.

xGGx

Didnt think of labling it as novelty items. I think thats my way around that.

Just looked from what i can see they dont want us sending any batteries at all unless they are brand new un oppened so looks like im going to have to buy some brand new batteries for a brand new vibrator :(

thanks

You could always send the packages seperatley? I'm not sure if it's still free delivery, but when I sent toys from here to my OH in Canada, it was free delivery there, and still came in the discrete box ect.

Yeah, I would order them from LH and get them sent directly to her to save you the hassle of customs stickers and what not. And they seem to have a deal with Royal Mail where all their parcels get there super fast!!

Make sure she knows to open any parcels in private too :)