Ordering outside the UK - Worth it?

We entered a new age where ordering from the UK in europe makes our products goes through customs.

The website at no point lets you be aware of this. Smart… because if i knew i was gonna pay 30€ on a 50€ order i would not have chosen LoveHoney.

So fair warning, in most cenarios unless you’re looking for something extremly specific you can only get here it will never be worth it to order from the UK.

By the way its even better the fact you dont provide invoice on the moment of the purchase. Had to wait 5 days to get one.

My package has been ordered almost a month ago. And still waiting to get out of Customs.

BREXIT = not worth it to order from UK anymore
Good luck

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @zephs :slightly_smiling_face:

Brexit has pretty much forked buying to and from the EU. You certainly have my commiserations.

Could you order from the French, German, or Spanish site instead?

3 Likes

You know, I’m assuming they ship from an EU based warehouse, but it doesn’t specifically say on any of their delivery pages. :thinking: Does anyone know?

I’ll chuck in the EU one too.

No, currently all EU orders ship from the UK.

Lovehoney are looking into ways to make everything easier but @zephs if you contact customer care I believe they will refund the additional charges.

2 Likes

Ooof. They could definitely make that clearer.

1 Like

Yes I have been wanting a partuclar white lace thong . Have done many searches . US lovehoney does not carry it . I have been unable to find anything close to it . After reading this I guess I will just have to imagine my tanned ass with it . If I had not seen it on the UK site I would not have a bad case of the wants .

If you’re willing to pay the $10.99 shipping then go for it :rofl: One thing I love whenever I’m back in the US is not having to worry about customs/taxes as the threshold is ridiculously high here :rofl:

2 Likes

Just used UK LH search engine , wow , did not work too well . Typed in g-string and got 466 hits including butt plugs , vibrators , you name it . So I went through all of them , not even in the sold out category . Roza Fiona Lace-G-String . Tried an internet search and zero in the US . If I had not seen them on LH I would not have to have one . Now it is a quest ! It is listed at other UK sellers , but would like to buy here .

1 Like

Again, I have ordered from the UK site since being back in the US and all you have to do is pay the shipping :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@rosiedosie wow, I didn’t know you could order from the UK site and have them ship to the US!

1 Like

@Oldman I’ve found it I think?

1 Like

Yep! And sometimes the shipping is faster than ordering from the US site :rofl:

3 Likes

In my search I was missing the embroidery ! Thank you ! :heart: :kiss: :heart:

1 Like

Glad I could help :heart::heart:

1 Like

Just placed my order , hope it gets here as quickly as they think . Now the sun needs to come out so I can darken the tan on my buns !

3 Likes

Yay , my order has arrived ! A few more days of tanning and then set up a photo shoot to see if I can make my ass look better than it is . Getting harder all the time .

4 Likes

I recently had a nightmare time trying to get my package. It was held for weeks, the postal service wouldn’t tell me where it was, contacted lovehoney and they kindly refunded my purchase. Finally I was contacted by the postal service here, they told me the customs fees which were insane and I declined the package and had it sent back as lovehoney had already refunded me. I won’t be ordering for a while until perhaps lovehoney can dispatch from outside the UK :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was concerned about customs , but they did not slow my order here in the US . I normally order from the US site , but the embroidered thong is not carried there . My order took 9 days from the time it was shipped . Also the shipping was about $10 which I thought was reasonable .

3 Likes

Yay @Oldman :raised_hands: Yep, never had an issue with US customs, they don’t stop anything unless you’re over around $1,000 I think (which is when they have to start charging a fee) :relaxed: I order from numerous places overseas and never worry :rofl: Shipping stuff into the UK is a whole different can of worms though :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s why I stopped ordering from UK shop but I’ve made an order in EU shop today and I was surprised that they’ve charged me more then they should (almost 3 EUR more) and I don’t know why. I’ve made a support ticket. I don’t know how EU shop works, if they make a GBP to EUR currency conversion then your (customer) bank makes its conversion?