Other sex toy websites

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

More videos would be great, lots of products don't have them. It really helps me see what the product is like.

The DoTD as mentioned could be better, some days are good but most of the time they aren't so good. Perhaps once a week or month having a luxury deal of the day or higher end products as most of them are lower end ones.

Lovehoneys service is brilliant though, always putting customers first.

Very much like this idea MM has - will introduce alot of poeple to a product they have never tried before due to expense and,hopefully, encourage them to buy another next time round. And they'll also realise how luverly the luxury toys are!!!

Lh is PERFECT all in all I think. The only place i've wondered off to look at is an American site as there's LOADSA interesting stuff which I doubt will ever make it over here :( - however I'd never buy from the US, just have a look-see! D69x

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

I love the idea of a Luxury DotD now and again - it'll have to be ran past Steve though!

silverdrop wrote:

One change I'd like to see is scale indicators in product photos. Obviously it doesn't matter when there's a demo video, but otherwise, every dildo, flogger, etc looks the same size, because they're all sized to fill up the image space. Yes, the measurements are there, but it's still a lot easier to process visual data.

We're starting to use hands in product shots more - you might have noticed - does this help, or would we better with a ruler, or credit card, or batteries in the shot, to show the actual size?

I had noticed, I think that a ruler or credit card would help, its all very well and good looking at measurements but they really don't mean that much to me. This would be great for beginners and those who prefer bigger/smaller toys.

What's the site Divine69? There's a couple of american sites (Eden Fantasies springs to mind) that do everything really well. I love their slider scale on product photos.

I love the idea of a Luxury DotD now and again - it'll have to be ran past Steve though!

silverdrop wrote:

One change I'd like to see is scale indicators in product photos. Obviously it doesn't matter when there's a demo video, but otherwise, every dildo, flogger, etc looks the same size, because they're all sized to fill up the image space. Yes, the measurements are there, but it's still a lot easier to process visual data.

We're starting to use hands in product shots more - you might have noticed - does this help, or would we better with a ruler, or credit card, or batteries in the shot, to show the actual size?

I'm not sure if hands will help, as for example my hands are very small (glove size is on the lowest scale for a women and the higher scale of a child). My partner has small hands for a man but bigger than most women. basically hands can be inches different in length and circumference. I think a rule would be better. I know some people use cion sizes in there reviews as well for some items.

Might just be me though.

Divine69 wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

More videos would be great, lots of products don't have them. It really helps me see what the product is like.

The DoTD as mentioned could be better, some days are good but most of the time they aren't so good. Perhaps once a week or month having a luxury deal of the day or higher end products as most of them are lower end ones.

Lovehoneys service is brilliant though, always putting customers first.

Very much like this idea MM has - will introduce alot of poeple to a product they have never tried before due to expense and,hopefully, encourage them to buy another next time round. And they'll also realise how luverly the luxury toys are!!!

Lh is PERFECT all in all I think. The only place i've wondered off to look at is an American site as there's LOADSA interesting stuff which I doubt will ever make it over here :( - however I'd never buy from the US, just have a look-see! D69x

Well, as much as I would love a luxury item everyday for £10, I think that it would quickly push LH out of buisness, we really don't want to do that. But I would say a luxury item at the end of the month around peoples pay day? Perhaps a female and male one? You could always put a voting system out early in the month and have serveral choices for the DoTD. Makes sense? I hope it does!

I agree, luxury items are lovely!

coco de mer for something special.

how about a decent range of mens underwear?

ruler or credit card would definatly be better than hands - I'm the same as you Nymphomaniac - very small child like hands for an adult!

Something like this would be good for mesurments i think: http://www.rockler.com/rockler/images/28366-03-500.jpg

of cause needs mesurments on horizontal side too or vertical depends how u look at it

I do look at several other sites but only to see if there is any more information/videos/sizing information.

I only ever buy from LH for all the reasons previously mentioned!

I think some of the more expensive items should have more pictures or videos, as the price can be very off putting - simply because everyone is different. Some might like the size or texture or vibrations of a product differenly to another person. When it costs a lot of money, people are more hesitant unless they can really look into it.

I hope that makes sense?

What's the site Divine69? There's a couple of american sites (Eden Fantasies springs to mind) that do everything really well. I love their slider scale on product photos.

Right the one I noticed is Discreet-Romance but the website isn't anywhere near as good as Lh - the US 1 is all too bity. I noticed it because they sell a toy I REALLY want Lh to sell!!! I just went to check it out and the toy am after is down to a ridiculous 66 dollars down from 90 dollars ! Duno what that is in pounds but a RIGHT bargain me thinks!!! Also have searched high and low on uk sex toy sites and noone else in uk selling it!!!! External Mediax

dan559 wrote:

I'm another fan of CDM, hence the confusion at people referring to LH as expensive. I've yet to spend money here though, but certainly aim to :)

silverdrop wrote:

Hands help, but something of uniform size is better. And I love the idea of an occasional luxury DotD, but we'd want some warning when it was coming. Like always on the same day of the month or something, even if we don't know what it is. Otherwise, I can just see wailing and gnashing of teeth when that perfect toy you'd always wanted came up when there was no budget for it. External Media

Ellipsis wrote:

dan559 wrote:

I'm another fan of CDM, hence the confusion at people referring to LH as expensive. I've yet to spend money here though, but certainly aim to :)

OMG! Have never heard of coco de mer before, thought I had better check it out, all I can say is wow! People need mega bucks! From what I can see the cheapest sex toy was: http://www.coco-de-mer.com/Products/Designer-Sex-Toys/Eastern-Pearls/Adjustable-Cock-Ring/pid-181477.aspx For £20. LH has loads and loads of toys under £20! I don't think LH is expensive, never did. However, it isn't as cheap as some but I think you are paying for a brilliant service and you only pay a little more anyway if you do. They also have a very extensive range.

I agree with a lot of what's been said, especially in relation to a luxury DotD.

The only thing I would add, and perhaps it's just me, but there are times when I'd like to see everything in a category as I'm really not sure what I'd like. For example, I was looking at the erotic books section yesterday and wanted to browse through all the erotic books, not narrow it down to fiction or short stories immediately. Does that make sense?

violeteyes wrote:

i quite like Bondara. you go straight to the home page and there is every category of toy or sex aid straight there and i dont have to hunt around for what i need like on Lovehoney.

See I'm the opposite - I don't know much about Bondara but I hate the SexToys webpage because there are so many categories - each product is in loads of different categories and it sseems really cluttered!

Adx

violeteyes wrote:

i dont like the cheezy couple on the front of the Lovehoney homepage

Thats me and my OH!!?! External Media j/k lol

Am quite happy with Lh as evidenced by just how much I spend here :-(

I do like the idea of a luxury DotD but like Silverdrop says perhaps a certain day of the month or every other month for budgeting purposes, perhaps the 1st of the month, for a start of the month deal :-)

I have used A N Other sex toy retailer a few times, mainly because they were cheaper and they offer 10% discount to repeat customers making it even more cheap, but yes their returns policy isn't as good, however these were products I knew I wasn't going to return so didn't bother me, price did. They also offer free gifts if you spend certain amounts, but yes they don't offer Oh points so guess its swings & roundabouts? Altho I spent £30 and got a £15 free gift, whereas here I would have 300 Oh points which is worth £1.50 in cash value terms.....

I'm fairly loyal but sometimes due to budget constraints I just have to go with the price...... Like others I do miss the FB freebie, could you not use some sort of code for forum users to add to their order? I say this as a non-IT person obviously? Same as when you enter a discount code, you could enter the monthly offer code and it could add a product to your basket?

violeteyes wrote:

i quite like Bondara. you go straight to the home page and there is every category of toy or sex aid straight there and i dont have to hunt around for what i need like on Lovehoney. they too do free delivery which i love! i dont like the cheezy couple on the front of the Lovehoney homepage

I have used bondara in the past once, awful service! Took 3 weeks to arrive, thankfully my mum was out as it wasn't discreet at all, I was mortified when the postman handed me the package. One of the items was broken, after 5 emails at which I received no reply and a phone call which I was kept on hold for over 20 minutes before I hung up. In the end I gave up, I wasn't getting any reply.

However, whenever I have had a problem on lovehoney it is answered very quickly by chat with a real person or a phone call which is free and answered again very quickly by a person. Within 10 minutes my problem is usually sorted.

One thing that I don't like about the product photos here is the pop-up window for making them larger. Some of the items get the picture clipped to fit in the screen, so by looking at the enlarged version, some part is lost. It's especially frustrating if it's a lingerie item, where I might want to see the detailing on the hem or some such, but can't 'zoom in' without chopping the bit I want off. Then there's the fact that the alternative images are selected by a mouseover, rather than a click, since I'm a bit spazz-handed, and wil sometimes spend several minutes getting the image I want up, only to jerk slightly and make a different one pop up.

For a better zoom function (IMO), sites like Bravissimo.com do it nicely: no pop-up, and you can control where you're focusing in on. Don't have an example of a click-to-select site, but that's fairly self-explanitory.

violeteyes wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

violeteyes wrote:

i quite like Bondara. you go straight to the home page and there is every category of toy or sex aid straight there and i dont have to hunt around for what i need like on Lovehoney. they too do free delivery which i love! i dont like the cheezy couple on the front of the Lovehoney homepage

I have used bondara in the past once, awful service! Took 3 weeks to arrive, thankfully my mum was out as it wasn't discreet at all, I was mortified when the postman handed me the package. One of the items was broken, after 5 emails at which I received no reply and a phone call which I was kept on hold for over 20 minutes before I hung up. In the end I gave up, I wasn't getting any reply.

However, whenever I have had a problem on lovehoney it is answered very quickly by chat with a real person or a phone call which is free and answered again very quickly by a person. Within 10 minutes my problem is usually sorted.

i never had a problem with service from them, or the way things were packaged.

i dont like that Lovehoney seem to be subtleand quite discreet on the front page in a 'we dont want to scare you off' way, i think if someone is looking for sex toys or similar, they wont be scared off unless the front page is really tacky or has a naked person sprawled across the front. that said, i like that Lovehoney adds a touch of class to buying toys.

It was quite a few years ago now, maybe things have changed. But with that experience, I will never use the website again.

I am not so sure, I just think Lovehoney is trying to appeal to a wider market and include those who are very vanilla and new to sex toys. Adding couple friendly and classy images is less likely put someone off. I know what you mean though.