Other sex toy websites

We all love Lovehoney - oh yes.

BUT.

There are other sex toy websites out there, and certainly in the Pander to Me thread, I'll see mentions of some of our competitors.

This is fine, and I like to see us kept on our toes. What I'd really like to know, is what is it that other sex toy websites do that we don't do so well. For example sometimes we're not the cheapest - but we think that's ok because our lovely customer service policies. The Ann Summers site will automatically add batteries when you buy a sex toy - whether you asked them to or not. I don't like this at all, but you might think it's handy.

Any ideas folks? Be as honest as you like - we won't be offended (we just want to be the best )

Matt - Numbers

(also, remember not to post links to those sites, ta)

*waits to see if anyone dares to say "better checkout" to see Numbers explode*

Oh we have a much better checkout coming soon. It's so beautiful, simple & friendly to use. I want to win awards with it

Well this being my first sex website sign up i have to say LH are doing a great job and the forum members are really nice.

As for why peole might mention competitors (im not with anyone else at moment) im guessing is either price or more variety for them because there is always going to be something differenet on another site. While its good to say "Are you getting this in, if so can you and when" its just easier to buy from another site that day.

An example i suppose would be the "Gates-of-Hell-with-Lead" bit of a novilty thing but im sure some bondage users would like that, its on another site but not here. Ive just seen it and thought it be great fun if i had a partner and she was into that type of stuff so im guessing its just variaity, avaliablity and what not.

Really, I think Lh wins on almost every point apart from price.

I'm not a loyal customer to most companies, I don't do brand loyalty, it depends on the individual thing I need - many companies don't deserve it and I will shop around for whatever I need to find what suits me best (be it price, p&p prices or refund policy)...Lh is the single exception.

When it comes to sex toys you have the best selection of products at reasonable prices with excellent customer services and the best returns policy you could ask for. And whilst the prices aren't the most competitive - some of the money off offers are fantastic so you still get a good deal - the VIP code is great! And we were really spoilt at Christmas! Plus the p&p is so much quicker than some competitors. You are a reliable company and you put your customers first - that is very unusual these days! Most companies just pretend their customers are the most important thing to them when in reality it's clearly not.

The one thing that's not so good are the offers where you get something free or reduced (and often the DotD isn't very good) because it's pretty obvious that a product is not selling well and needs shifting quickly so often the freebie/reduced item or DotD looks a bit rubbish. The FB freebie used to be good but obviously that's gone now.

Adx

I've had a thought and part of one of the things I avoid buying from LH is plastic boned corsets, like most of the sweet streak corsets I can get new from £10-15 depending.

Some places do members discounts as well as lower prices for some items, not all. I like the OH! points from LH so not fussed by a members discount but certain prices are still a few pouns high. So example the new pinwheel can be purchased for under £10 before discounts added on.

Free gifts some sites do with orders.... I actually don't like this I prefer LH's way were you offer a few gift if you buy from a certain range as often the gifts are good. So really I don't think you have to worry about this.

A Zoom fuction. Not all images will need this but I feel some do. Sometimes I will go to other sites just because they have a zoom fuction and I wish to get a better look at the products.

I'll have a think of some more.

oh with batteries I do like it when you get the tricky to buy batteries free or an other/ discount for them if purchased a long with an item that needs them.... I never buy vibes that need c batteries unless they come with a pack or money off, for example.

I agree - Love Honey isn't the cheapest but I trust you lot which means more.

I need to be able to know I can have hassle free returns if needed - which I do and the free delivery makes up for the price difference alot of time.

Where else are you rewarded for your loyalty with free stuff (via OH Points) and where else is there such a friendly communty waiting to chat and help

I actually think this the ONLY on-line shopping site that is truly customer focused at all times!

Pixie x

PS Nymphomaniac makes a good point about the zoom function x

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Really, I think Lh wins on almost every point apart from price.

I'm not a loyal customer to most companies, I don't do brand loyalty, it depends on the individual thing I need - many companies don't deserve it and I will shop around for whatever I need to find what suits me best (be it price, p&p prices or refund policy)...Lh is the single exception.

When it comes to sex toys you have the best selection of products at reasonable prices with excellent customer services and the best returns policy you could ask for. And whilst the prices aren't the most competitive - some of the money off offers are fantastic so you still get a good deal - the VIP code is great! And we were really spoilt at Christmas! Plus the p&p is so much quicker than some competitors. You are a reliable company and you put your customers first - that is very unusual these days! Most companies just pretend their customers are the most important thing to them when in reality it's clearly not.

The one thing that's not so good are the offers where you get something free or reduced (and often the DotD isn't very good) because it's pretty obvious that a product is not selling well and needs shifting quickly so often the freebie/reduced item or DotD looks a bit rubbish. The FB freebie used to be good but obviously that's gone now.

Adx

I miss the FB freebie too, didn't knoiw if it was worth mentioning as I felt it might just be me.... and I know LH is on twitter but I'm not a twitter person.

I also agree with the deal of the day. I did like the sola bullet offer, though personally didn't get it. But most of the times I get put of buying something if it comes with a freebie I just don't want or am not fussed with.

Pixie_Murree wrote:

PS Nymphomaniac makes a good point about the zoom function x

What, you mean the Zoom function that's in beta that the Doc was showing me just now? External Media

Thanks for all the help so far guys. Keep it coming. DotD we clearly need to look at. The FB freebie not sure how we can recreate - but we'll figure out something.

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Thanks for all the help so far guys. Keep it coming. DotD we clearly need to look at. The FB freebie not sure how we can recreate - but we'll figure out something.

What about a forum member freebie? or wouldn't that work?

LH is the best imho. I occasonally use the other place if they have something that's not in stock here or if it happens to be much cheaper. But generally, I have found LH has the best selection, competitive prices, best customer service and best info, forum, reviews, blogs etc

no other sex toy website is a patch on lovehoney.... although i understand you want to be better all the time.

Someone asked me the other day if LH do gift vouchers, I'm not sure if you do but I would be interested in being able to get gift vouchers for friends etc.

I'm like the monogamous partner who occasionally ogles other people to see what's out there, but doesn't stray. I'm happy with Lovehoney. I like all the product information, demo videos, and excellent reviews so I know what to expect before I buy. Then there's the return policy which adds more confidence. I've gotten some really good special offers, particularly when combining with VIP money off, and I love seeing my Oh! points build up. And then there's the forum community, communication with Lovehoney employees, opportunities for tester products, and general sense of fun.

Honestly, the only thing I go to other websites for is to just look at products when you haven't had new ones show up for a while, just to see what's out there.

One change I'd like to see is scale indicators in product photos. Obviously it doesn't matter when there's a demo video, but otherwise, every dildo, flogger, etc looks the same size, because they're all sized to fill up the image space. Yes, the measurements are there, but it's still a lot easier to process visual data.

Since I have found LH, I haven't wanted to look else where. The service is second to none. The only thing i would like to see is it slightly easier to do product testing. write on here, start this list, wait for this.....

Keep up the good work though,

More videos would be great, lots of products don't have them. It really helps me see what the product is like.

The DoTD as mentioned could be better, some days are good but most of the time they aren't so good. Perhaps once a week or month having a luxury deal of the day or higher end products as most of them are lower end ones.

Lovehoneys service is brilliant though, always putting customers first.

Ooh a luxury DotD would be really good - I might have a chance of affording something high-end then

I love the idea of a Luxury DotD now and again - it'll have to be ran past Steve though!

silverdrop wrote:

One change I'd like to see is scale indicators in product photos. Obviously it doesn't matter when there's a demo video, but otherwise, every dildo, flogger, etc looks the same size, because they're all sized to fill up the image space. Yes, the measurements are there, but it's still a lot easier to process visual data.

We're starting to use hands in product shots more - you might have noticed - does this help, or would we better with a ruler, or credit card, or batteries in the shot, to show the actual size?

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Someone asked me the other day if LH do gift vouchers, I'm not sure if you do but I would be interested in being able to get gift vouchers for friends etc.

That's a whole can of worms! Every year we think "yes, we must do vouchers" and each year we don't get it done in time (too busy planning the Christmas Day present to everyone External Media) - maybe if we start planning a little more in advance this year.....