Painful lump in my breast

My side boob (under the armpit) feels painful and lumpy when I touch it. Should I be worried. The shape of my boobs haven't changed and I've haven't had any discharge from the nipples. I feel pain in my boob on and off my period.

You shouldn't be worried, boobs get lumps for a lot of reasons and most are benign. They even feel lumpy when there are in fact no 'lumps', just breast tissue. You should definitely go to your doctor though; this is one situation where 'just in case' and 'to put your mind at ease' are two very important phrases :)

Also where you have described is where Lymph nodes are found.. So it might not be in connection with ur breast at all, lymph nodes are known to flare up as well as breast tissue for loads of non worrying reasons. In my opinion though , anything that's painful like that needs to be checked by gp especially for your own peace of mind x

Best of luck and hope u get sorted soon x

I agree about seeing your doctor in most cases lumps are nothing to worry about sometimes it can be more serious and it's better to catch those sort of things early before it's too late to do anything

It could just be related to where you are on your cycle, I know my breasts get noticeably more lumpy and painful just before I am due my period.
As others have said though, even if it is likely to be nothing, just have a quick check up with your doctor.

You should consult a doctor about any lumps that you find in your breasts, because a) it's better to be safe than sorry and b) it will drive you mad with worry until you do.

It's worth bearing in mind though, that breast pain isn't a common symptom of cancer. It's far more likely to be caused by a harmless inflammation of your lymph nodes or even just irritation of the breast tissue, caused by your bra straps or underwire.

if your male or female and you find any lumps anywhere ..... go to the doctor

i found lumps and .. my mind was put at ease by the doctor straight away .. .. that alone was worth going for

doctors are there to help you

Well, most people have already gave you good advice so I just want to say that I hope that it's nothing! :^)